This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If it's any consolation, the facebook group hasn't reached 50 members yet. :)
A good amount of people on the facebook page are current VCOM students as well...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
GUYSSSS IM soo stressedddd i could die

Reactions: 1 user
I think you should email them for update. It depend on how you word things. You want to sound like you care about it your application and ask for an update. when I was waiting for my decision, I send an email every 3 weeks. So, this will not affect your chance to get in. Plus will give you some peace!

you emailed them every 3 weeks and you got in ?? it sounds from your reply you were accepted to this program

Members don't see this ad :)
you emailed them every 3 weeks and you got in ?? it sounds from your reply you were accepted to this program

Yes he did, but in your case I wouldn't recommend it since you applied later right? Did you end up applying to any other programs?

does anybody about people accepted below 3.0 mark. i saw on here 3 people and i saw people rejected.

Yes he did, but in your case I wouldn't recommend it since you applied later right? Did you end up applying to any other programs?

i applied in february. when did you apply

i applied in february. when did you apply

I applied right at the end of January and haven't heard back yet if that makes you feel better. You might give them just a little bit longer. I will email them tomorrow if I don't hear by the end of the day. I have seen on here some people getting on on Fridays and it doesn't look like anything went out today.

Yes I got accepted and I am a stress ball. hahaha :) I sent an email about every 3-4 weeks. I just need an update I mean, as long as you be nice and polite about it, its cool!

Im a girl.. so she...got in.. hahahahaha

Yes I got accepted and I am a stress ball. hahaha :) I sent an email about every 3-4 weeks. I just need an update I mean, as long as you be nice and polite about it, its cool!

did you ask them your science GPA or no

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I wouldn't ask this. I would probably do that after an acceptance or denial. If you are really dying to know, you can use this calculator in this thread

AACOMAS GPA Calculator (Revised)

It will allow you to calculate grade replacements as well

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

the problem is I dont know if all my grade replacements got approved. because i had to send her course descriptions

I applied right at the end of January and haven't heard back yet if that makes you feel better. You might give them just a little bit longer. I will email them tomorrow if I don't hear by the end of the day. I have seen on here some people getting on on Fridays and it doesn't look like anything went out today.

the fact that you applied earlier and didnt get in doesnt make me feel better at all. but i hope we both get in!!!!

you're just like I'd liek to express continuted intrest in your program and ask for an update on the application.

I think you should email them for update. It depend on how you word things. You want to sound like you care about it your application and ask for an update. when I was waiting for my decision, I send an email every 3 weeks. So, this will not affect your chance to get in. Plus will give you some peace!

Yes, I agree with you! I always started off my emails by apologizing real quick.

I honestly don't think emailing the admission coordinator can negatively affect your admission status. There's no logic in rejecting a good candidate because he/she emailed them politely every few weeks for a quick update.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree with you! I always started off my emails by apologizin

I honestly don't think emailing the admission coordinator can negatively affect your admission status. There's no logic in rejecting a good candidate because he/she emailed them politely every few weeks for a quick update.

i dont apologize.... why are you apologize

i dont apologize.... why are you apologize

"Sorry for bothering you, I know you're busy..."
It makes your email sound less demanding. And I've gotten better responses when I use to say something along those lines.

Or how about

At you earliest convenience can you please provide me with an update on my application.

Applied a little late but ScGPA 3.4, Cumulative is 3.3 and MCAT is 494. Y'all think I have a chance?

okay i emailed them about continued interest but !!! i did not ask them what my science GPA came out to be in the calculation. honestly even if i asked i dont think ms hewitt will answer. do they send rejections before acceptances. so the longer we wait is that more likely an acceptance???

i would die for an acceptance. literally would save my life

Yes, I agree with you! I always started off my emails by apologizing real quick.

i agree

when did you apply and what are your stats

i would die for an acceptance. literally would save my life
I think they probably send both acceptances and rejections right as the decision is made. Your application might take longer if you had any grade replacements or more than one college transcript. I didn't have any grade replacements and 3 schools under my belt so I think that might be why mine went a little faster than some.

Looks like we're gonna have to wait another week haha!

Looks like we're gonna have to wait another week haha!

I need a dislike button. This is getting crazy. My household is a complete ball of stress because we can't plan our futures in any capacity. :(

when did you apply and what are your stats
I applied mid January and the application was completed by Feb 2nd. I have 3.86 SGPA and 495 mcat. but I am retaking it next month.

I applied mid January and the application was completed by Feb 2nd. I have 3.86 SGPA and 495 mcat. but I am retaking it next month.
Why? I mean the 495 is high enough to transfer. Just curious

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Why? I mean the 495 is high enough to transfer. Just curious

Probably because he could apply to better programs or maybe even MD programs

Reactions: 2 users
haha yes! Icyvyne:) I got accepted into 4 programs, but I think I will go with Vcom. this program is cheaper and guarantee entrance if I meet the benchmark. I like things thats guarantee and secure haha! I am not sure about bcom bc they didn't post their stats online. I don't think that is a good sign in general!

what are the other four programs you applied too

Well, Today is a NEW day, of a NEW week, of a NEW month.. Good luck to everyone. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Reactions: 10 users
How is everyone deciding on paying for this program? Bank or Sallie mae? You have to be approved before the start date right? Anyone know how long the process takes?

How is everyone deciding on paying for this program? Bank or Sallie mae? You have to be approved before the start date right? Anyone know how long the process takes?
Im gonna do Wells Fargo cause I already have a checking account with them.

Not sure how long it takes. Have you already found housing? Are you from out of state? I'm a guy looking for a single so just more curious than anything else.

Im gonna do Wells Fargo cause I already have a checking account with them.

Not sure how long it takes. Have you already found housing? Are you from out of state? I'm a guy looking for a single so just more curious than anything else.

I applied for Sallie Mae a week ago and haven't heard back from them about being approved or not.

I also applied and put a deposit on a place in Hethwood Complex. It's for grad students and professionals only. Includes most utilities but the one bedroom is gonna be $1039 a month! Everything seems really expensive...

I applied for Sallie Mae a week ago and haven't heard back from them about being approved or not.

I also applied and put a deposit on a place in Hethwood Complex. It's for grad students and professionals only. Includes most utilities but the one bedroom is gonna be $1039 a month! Everything seems really expensive...
I'm looking towards there as well. Meh. That's my problem, everything is expensive and the quality doesn't always justify it. I'm from SC and I could get a granite countertops and new appliances for 1000. But c'est la vie.

I did call The Mill today and that seems promising as well. So does Ridgewood.

I'm looking towards there as well. Meh. That's my problem, everything is expensive and the quality doesn't always justify it. I'm from SC and I could get a granite countertops and new appliances for 1000. But c'est la vie.

I did call The Mill today and that seems promising as well. So does Ridgewood.

I was looking today as well and "The Reserve at Knollwood, Crossing at Knollwood" are both relative biking/walking distance apartments. They range from 700-900 for 1-2 bedrooms.

Also do you guys thinks it's too early to start applying for the loans. I thought it said it had to be under 60 days before start date to apply for them.

Is there a shuttle from there. That's quite a bit from VCOM building or do you have a car?

Is there a shuttle from there. That's quite a bit from VCOM building or do you have a car?

I mean it's only 8 minutes if you drive the speed limit... and yes I have a car

And I haven't seen anything about a 60 day limit. I just want to make sure I have the funds for school and not wait til the last minute.

And I haven't seen anything about a 60 day limit. I just want to make sure I have the funds for school and not wait til the last minute.

Tuition and Financial Aid for the Graduate Certificate Premedical Program | VCOM - The Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine

4th paragraph starting with "Private loans", last sentence.

But I mean if it worked for you I might as well start on my loan apps as well

Tuition and Financial Aid for the Graduate Certificate Premedical Program | VCOM - The Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine

4th paragraph starting with "Private loans", last sentence.

But I mean if it worked for you I might as well start on my loan apps as well

I didn't see the part about a 60 day limit either.. But I do see it now, I don't know how I missed that haha. I applied and was accepted through Wells Fargo and they told me that it's okay if it is longer than 60 days, that once I send in my end of things they will wait for certification through the school.

I got a 1B at Hethwood/Foxridge and the price isn't too bad it includes water, heat, and trash. I timed it and it is about 8 min away (like you mentioned). I looked at The Mill, Cedarfield, and Windsor Hill. Windsor Hill and Hethwood/Foxridge were the nicest in my opinion, but Windsor Hill is more pricey.

I didn't see the part about a 60 day limit either.. But I do see it now, I don't know how I missed that haha. I applied and was accepted through Wells Fargo and they told me that it's okay if it is longer than 60 days, that once I send in my end of things they will wait for certification through the school.

I got a 1B at Hethwood/Foxridge and the price isn't too bad it includes water, heat, and trash. I timed it and it is about 8 min away (like you mentioned). I looked at The Mill, Cedarfield, and Windsor Hill. Windsor Hill and Hethwood/Foxridge were the nicest in my opinion, but Windsor Hill is more pricey.
Did you request and get approved for the full amount? How fast do they process?

Guys it's Tuesday. Sometimes acceptances go out on Tuesdays. It's been 3 months since I applied. Let's gooooooo.

Reactions: 4 users