This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am just receiving word from Ms. Alisa that the program is becoming a Masters of Arts in Biomedical Science with Bluefield college. I have no other information and have no idea if the programs are even linked. Just an FYI.

If you could quote the exact explanation, that would be interesting to know. I know they've wanted it to be a Master's program for a while but were having issues with something.

Members don't see this ad.

Isn’t this supposed to open today.... where are the links??

If you could quote the exact explanation, that would be interesting to know. I know they've wanted it to be a Master's program for a while but were having issues with something.

The body of her message:

"
Thank you for the follow up. We apologize for the delay with our program application. Some changes have been made to the program and we are now partnering with Bluefield College to present a Master of Arts in Biomedical Sciences degree (changing from a Grad Certificate program previously). We're coordinating with Bluefield to have things up and running as soon as possible. I don't have a precise date as of this moment, but hopefully by the end of the week you should see live links available and more information about the program.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions."

Members don't see this ad :)
What would that mean for the program? Would it still have all the same courses, timelines, and linkage deals to VCOM as it did before? With the only difference being that now since it would be a masters program instead of a certificate program, we can get federal loans?

I'm curious about the federal loans thing too. I also hope that the linkage remains the same because this is a huge benefit to this program. Looking forward to hearing more.

Hot off the press:

"Thank you for the follow up. I do understand that there are a lot of questions and I apologize that we haven't been able to get the site updated yet.

The Master's program is awarded through Bluefield College (this is where the diploma will come from). It remains a one year program with the same content as the current Certificate program. The program will be led by the VCOM DO Faculty as well as Bluefield College Faculty.

While the degree is awarded through Bluefield, the guaranteed admission pipeline to the VCOM DO program remains. The requirements and benchmarks for the guarantee remain the same as well (GPA, MCAT and Evaluation) and are currently listed on our website.

I believe there will be an option for additional coursework following the one year Biomedical program, for those who wish to obtain credits needed for education/teaching license."

Reactions: 1 user
so im not sure im following. upon successful completion of this program would you have a masters degree M.A. in biomedical sciences?

so im not sure im following. upon successful completion of this program would you have a masters degree M.A. in biomedical sciences?

Yeah. It likely wouldn't have any impact on your career other than if you chose to not pursue the DO afterward (or wasn't able to).

Maybe someone could clear up some confusion for me. So, the VCOM website says the application isn't open until mid-November. However, their counter part, Bluefield, is saying submissions are through PostBacCas. Should I wait until VCOM posts the link or go ahead and submit?
Thanks for your inpur :)

Maybe someone could clear up some confusion for me. So, the VCOM website says the application isn't open until mid-November. However, their counter part, Bluefield, is saying submissions are through PostBacCas. Should I wait until VCOM posts the link or go ahead and submit?
Thanks for your inpur :)

I'd email first but have everything lined up if they say to submit it.

Members don't see this ad :)
do you know if you can have your med school application (if you applied to VCOM) used a your application for this program

do you know if you can have your med school application (if you applied to VCOM) used a your application for this program

Yep just ask to have it transferred. Also take time to read through this thread fully as it has lots of good information.

In years past, you can't have your application transferred until you've been rejected or waitlisted. Unless they've changed it. I'd double check.

ok thanks so i went to the website to apply and it says i need a login but it doesnt say how i get a login(username/password) can anybody help with this

Is anyone having success with uploading letters from interfolio?

Where you able to transfer your med school application into this program, or did you have to withdraw it from consideration before applying into the program.

I am interested in this program as well, but I currently have an active application at VCOM. I just want to make sure that I have a plan B, just in case I don't get in this cycle.

Where you able to transfer your med school application into this program, or did you have to withdraw it from consideration before applying into the program.

I am interested in this program as well, but I currently have an active application at VCOM. I just want to make sure that I have a plan B, just in case I don't get in this cycle.
I sent an email yesterday no answer yet

I think it might be time to start a 2018 thread, especially with the changes to the program being with Bluefield.