This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn't discover this program until late in the cycle. I know being late doesn't help me, but do y'all think I stand a chance, I have fairly decent stats and a good amount and diversity in my shadowing experience

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't discover this program until late in the cycle. I know being late doesn't help me, but do y'all think I stand a chance, I have fairly decent stats and a good amount and diversity in my shadowing experience

You're really late at this point, but you can't know unless you try.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! I have already accepted it. I'm kind of happy because I was PCOM > VCOM to begin with. I think your MCAT should boost you up! Haha and thanks, scribing and sticking to it really paid off. Good luck to you! Let me know what happens with VCOM

yep got rejected 2 days ago

Ohhhh. Ok. Good thing you've been accepted elsewhere and your first choice. Best of Luck!

Got accepted! They called me today:) Anyone know if there is a fb page?
Good Luck Everybody! Don't give-up the hope!!! Let me know if you have any questions!

Reactions: 7 users
Good Luck Everybody! Don't give-up the hope!!! Let me know if you have any questions!

Congrats there is one just search VCOM Grad 2017-2018 and you'll see it. When were you complete and did you transfer your application from the Med cycle or apply directly

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

When was your application complete? Were you a transfer or did you apply directly to the program? Congrats mate!!

Yay! Now i have to watch my phone and email now haha XD

Anyone studying for the mcat if so are you taking it before or during the program?

Anyone studying for the mcat if so are you taking it before or during the program?

You're gonna wanna take it before. You'll be too slammed with classes and you wanna get that MCAT score set up so you can be accepted by the end of Fall.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah. I'm trying to get close to a 500. I'm taking it the weekend before school starts in Roanoke

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Got my rejection letter just now :(
I don't know my exact stats because of retakes but sGPA was around a 2.97, cGPA was around a 3.3, lots of ER experience and volunteer service.

Best of luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my rejection letter just now :(
I don't know my exact stats because of retakes but sGPA was around a 2.97, cGPA was around a 3.3, lots of ER experience and volunteer service.

Best of luck to everyone!

Sorry to hear.

Were you planning to take the mcat? And did they tell you your app was under review or just a rejection email?

Sorry to hear.

Were you planning to take the mcat? And did they tell you your app was under review or just a rejection email?

I'm planning to take it this summer. I applied at the beginning of March. I was told my app was under review last week and got the email today at 10:30 AM.

I'm planning to take it this summer. I applied at the beginning of March. I was told my app was under review last week and got the email today at 10:30 AM.

Sorry to hear. :( Did you have some apps in for some other programs as well?

3 people heard back on this thread, I'm starting to get nervous. I applied weeks earlier and still haven't heard anything...

Reactions: 1 users

3 people heard back on this thread, I'm starting to get nervous. I applied weeks earlier and still haven't heard anything...
I should be hearing back from G squared this week so I sure hope there's good news there. It may be a little late, but I'm going to apply to the schools you guys have suggested on this thread that still have their application cycle open.

Reactions: 2 users

When did you apply/what are your stats?

When did you apply/what are your stats?

At the end of January. 3.1ish gpa and a 28 MCAT with some decent ECs.

That's not bad! You're above the 3.0 requirement! And your MCAT is great. When is the last time you talked to Alisa?

That's not bad! You're above the 3.0 requirement! And your MCAT is great. When is the last time you talked to Alisa?

I messaged a little under 3 weeks ago. She said it was going into review 2 weeks ago and then "not much longer after that", but that's definitely not a set timeframe so I don't have any expectations. I kinda figured I would be hearing back around the same time as everyone else here who messaged and received a similar response. I'd be very surprised if I didn't hear something this week.

I messaged a little under 3 weeks ago. She said it was going into review 2 weeks ago and then "not much longer after that", but that's definitely not a set timeframe so I don't have any expectations. I kinda figured I would be hearing back around the same time as everyone else here who messaged and received a similar response. I'd be very surprised if I didn't hear something this week.
Well, I hope you get in for what it's worth! Hopefully you'll hear back Thursday like me lol or Friday

The waiting is terrible for me and I submitted my application at the deadline. I can only imagine it must suck for you. Im sure you'll hear back soon

Have you thought about emailing her back again?

Have you thought about emailing her back again?

Every second of every day. I don't really see it being beneficial. Nobody has gotten a faster response by bothering her more. I can wait through the week before checking again. I'd be more concerned coming across as needy or impatient and having a negative impact on my admission chances.

Every second of every day. I don't really see it being beneficial. Nobody has gotten a faster response by bothering her more. I can wait through the week before checking again. I'd be more concerned coming across as needy or impatient and having a negative impact on my admission chances.
I was always told to never email unless necessary for that exact reason

Honestly, I don't think emailing her should effect your admission chances.
I emailed her about every 3-4 weeks to get an update. It's hard not knowing where your file is at in the whole process.
If you don't hear back by Friday afternoon, I say email her!!

Honestly, I don't think emailing her should effect your admission chances.
I emailed her about every 3-4 weeks to get an update. It's hard not knowing where your file is at in the whole process.
If you don't hear back by Friday afternoon, I say email her!!

Sounds good. They sound like good people and I don't think they'd look upon it negatively, but I definitely don't want any risk of a bad impression. Giving them through the week should be long enough. At that point we'll be at week 14 :S

I applied at the same time with very similar stats and still haven't heard back. At least we are in the same boat so I don't feel like they lost my application on the way to sending it for review!

I applied at the same time with very similar stats and still haven't heard back. At least we are in the same boat so I don't feel like they lost my application on the way to sending it for review!

Maybe our apps are duking it out.

shutterstock_68980873_toppick_crop.jpg

No response yet -____- Damn, like others who mentioned above, I applied with a 3.2, 500, and good EC at the end of January. Congrats to everyone who got in though! And those who got rejected, don't give up!!

I got my acceptance letter today about 11am! I applied mid-Feb with a 3.4 undergrad gpa, 3.2 graduate gpa, and a 493 MCAT score. Super excited to meet everyone in July!!! :)

Reactions: 6 users
I got my acceptance letter today about 11am! I applied mid-Feb with a 3.4 undergrad gpa, 3.2 graduate gpa, and a 493 MCAT score. Super excited to meet everyone in July!!! :)
Yay another classmate! Don't forget to join the FB group if you're on Facebook

I'm so scared now. Not sure how my stats will hold up

Just got an interview letter from DPMS to bad they got to me too late. Im vcom all the way now

Congrats!! Wait, e-mail or an actual letter in the mail??

When was your application complete? Were you a transfer or did you apply directly to the program? Congrats mate!!
Hey, thanks! I applied directly and my application was completed by Feb 2nd. Good Luck!

Hey, thanks! I applied directly and my application was completed by Feb 2nd. Good Luck!

Just saw your name in the other BCOM thread. I'm assuming VCOM it is huh. It has a track record at least and a better program overall I'd say.

Sorry it was an email lol

I'm still going to mine. You should too.

agreed. you want to sound eager but not desperate; just like on a date

does the rejection email come in the junk email folder as well

Just saw your name in the other BCOM thread. I'm assuming VCOM it is huh. It has a track record at least and a better program overall I'd say.

I'm still going to mine. You should too.

haha yes! Icyvyne:) I got accepted into 4 programs, but I think I will go with Vcom. this program is cheaper and guarantee entrance if I meet the benchmark. I like things thats guarantee and secure haha! I am not sure about bcom bc they didn't post their stats online. I don't think that is a good sign in general!

I was always told to never email unless necessary for that exact reason
I think you should email them for update. It depend on how you word things. You want to sound like you care about it your application and ask for an update. when I was waiting for my decision, I send an email every 3 weeks. So, this will not affect your chance to get in. Plus will give you some peace!

I think you should email them for update. It depend on how you word things. You want to sound like you care about it your application and ask for an update. when I was waiting for my decision, I send an email every 3 weeks. So, this will not affect your chance to get in. Plus will give you some peace!

If I don't hear back this week, I'd be a liar if I said I wouldn't be frustrated. I am all-in with this program and my last received email made it sound like I was going to hear back by last week. I want to start planning how to move my life across the country (especially since I have a girlfriend who might be coming with me)! Put me in coach!! :laugh:

I mean. I should still wait a bit because I applied on the 14th of April. Yeah I'm primarily more worried about how late i turned in the application. Still nervous regardless.

Also...like previously mentioned I need to start planning to move or not...

I mean. I should still wait a bit because I applied on the 14th of April. Yeah I'm primarily more worried about how late i turned in the application. Still nervous regardless

If it's any consolation, the facebook group hasn't reached 50 members yet. :)