This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The people hearing back applied in early Jan. Hopefully that means that those who applied in Feb will hear back in the next month?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm waiting on a decision from a recent interview...so in case that doesn't work VCOM's post bacc would be splendid

Reactions: 1 user
I'm waiting on a decision from a recent interview...so in case that doesn't work VCOM's post bacc would be splendid
oh nice! which interview and is it directly to a med school or a post bacc?

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone who has already been accepted is looking for a roommate/roommates let me know as i am finalizing my housing plans this week

thank you! LECOM med school! probably won't hear back for another month tho lol
thats awesome! hopefully you rocked the interview and get in!

Last edited:
I really enjoy the updates on this thread but I refresh this page and check my email repeatedly :whistle:
The wait is the worst!

Getting into this program would be pretty life-changing for my gf and I considering we're both kinda sitting around depressed waiting to hear from grad programs for either of us. Hoping the wait isn't too much longer since I was at the end of January. :/

Reactions: 2 users
For the people that got accepted, Did you guys apply because you got rejected from their DO school? Or are some of the acceptances from students who applied directly to their post bacc program

I just applied now... do you think it's too late? overall gpa 3.5, no mcat, va resident

I just applied now... do you think it's too late? overall gpa 3.5, no mcat, va resident

The VA resident thing will be big for you. If your ECs etc. are good, you might still have a chance. I wouldn't expect a response quickly though.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anybody know how many people have been accepted this far. they say they expect 400 applications for 100 seats

I have a 510 MCAT, 3.26 sgpa (with replacement), great experiences, LOR'S, feel like my essays were solid, plus I'm an underrepresented group in medicine (Native American) so I feel like I have a good chance but they probably won't get my last transcript in the mail until tomorrow :/ I'm hoping there are still plenty of seats left.

They're still doing grade retakes for this application. Nothing has been said about future years.
The grade change is effective as of May 2017 buddy... I know PCOM will still allow it but as of now the majority of schools aren't so 1 or 2 of 31 schools is really bad odds. However supposedly @Goro said there is going to be some kind of meeting in April with all the deans and maybe they'll allow grade replacements.

edit: if your talking about the VCOM grad program yes that is still take grade replacement sorry if I am misunderstanding. It's just the previous poster didn't know about the about the grade change for the big summer app

This is news to me

The grade change is effective as of May 2017 buddy... I know PCOM will still allow it but as of now the majority of schools aren't so 1 or 2 of 31 schools is really bad odds. However supposedly @Goro said there is going to be some kind of meeting in April with all the deans and maybe they'll allow grade replacements.

edit: if your talking about the VCOM grad program yes that is still take grade replacement sorry if I am misunderstanding. It's just the previous poster didn't know about the about the grade change for the big summer app

I have a 510 MCAT, 3.26 sgpa (with replacement), great experiences, LOR'S, feel like my essays were solid, plus I'm an underrepresented group in medicine (Native American) so I feel like I have a good chance but they probably won't get my last transcript in the mail until tomorrow :/ I'm hoping there are still plenty of seats left.

youre not late; pretty solid time wise

Oh I think I misunderstood the original question, I am definitely fully aware of the GPA changes. No one is more affected than myself lol :/

does anybody know how many people have been accepted this far. they say they expect 400 applications for 100 seats
There has only been like three or four on SDN but there is no telling about those who aren't addicted to this page :p I am still anxiously waiting. Applied Feb 15th o_O

Do they usually send out acceptances on Monday? :nailbiting:
I'm not sure about any particular day that they send out acceptances but the return of the weekdays means the admissions committee is back to work ;)

did you email alisssa Hewitt to make sure your complete and in queuqe to be reviewed by the admissions committee

did you email alisssa Hewitt to make sure your complete and in queuqe to be reviewed by the admissions committee
So I submitted my application March 1, emailed Ms. Hewitt two weeks after that, and she said my application was complete and in queue. It's just a waiting game now :confused:

So I submitted my application March 1, emailed Ms. Hewitt two weeks after that, and she said my application was complete and in queue. It's just a waiting game now :confused:

So I submitted my application on Feb 16th and has been complete since Feb 28th for grade calculations and stuff. Would it be rude to ask for an update to see if its out of queue and waiting on adcom decision? Its been over a month now but I know that its still early.

So I submitted my application on Feb 16th and has been complete since Feb 28th for grade calculations and stuff. Would it be rude to ask for an update to see if its out of queue and waiting on adcom decision? Its been over a month now but I know that its still early.

The last people from this thread to get an acceptance applied in early January. You're probably coming up next. I wouldn't bother them until other people get acceptances from around the same time.

Reactions: 1 users
okay so I sent in the application February 26 and I sent in the supporting documentation and I just emailed Ms. Hewitt about the grade replacements I wanted to use and why and then I just emailed her and asked that my application should be complete. My science GPA is a 2.98 or a 3.03 I don't know I keep getting different GPA calculations and then I told her that

they seem really slow with application processing

does anybody know how they process everything. they take it they do GPA calculation and then youre placed in queque to be reviewed by the admissions comittee

so you apply, they wait for everything to be complete, they do gpa calculuations on their own and then your put in the queque. is that correct???

so you apply, they wait for everything to be complete, they do gpa calculuations on their own and then your put in the queque. is that correct???

Yeah pretty much.

how long does it take alias Hewitt to respond to emails

how long does it take alias Hewitt to respond to emails

People usually hear within 24 hours depending on what they're asking. Some people have had to wait longer. I have only emailed her once to confirm I had everything in and I heard within 3 hours.

People usually hear within 24 hours depending on what they're asking. Some people have had to wait longer. I have only emailed her once to confirm I had everything in and I heard within 3 hours.

I sent a LONG email yesterday so maybe that's why I have to wait a little longer. I was trying to list out the grade replacements so there's no confusion. and I have in progress courses that I wanted to explain were still in progress

"The time required for processing and review of a completed application packet generally varies from four to eight weeks, depending on the number of completed application packets received during that time period. The bulk of applications are typically received at or near the April 15 deadline thus requiring up to eight weeks before a selection decision can be made by the committee. Therefore early submission of an application generally affords a shorter processing time."

Just read this on their website. It is looking like the eight week span is about average. Good luck everyone :) Hopefully the next month goes by fast so we can all stop jumping at every email haha.

do you guys think its okay that once were complete if we still send them emails with updated letters of reccommendation and like a letter of intent as an update like once were complete or is that like unprofessional and nagging

do you guys think its okay that once were complete if we still send them emails with updated letters of reccommendation and like a letter of intent as an update like once were complete or is that like unprofessional and nagging

You'd be annoying them. You applied at the beginning of this month and the only people that have gotten acceptances applied super early to early January. Most people from February haven't heard anything yet, so you're going to be waiting a good long while. I applied at the end of January and this is going to be week 8 for me, so there's nothing you can do but chill and wait that won't annoy them.

Once you submit your application with all the required documents, you shouldn't send them any additional anything until you hear back. Let's say they put on the waiting list ( I do not know if one exists) then at that time you can update your application, but wait for the admissions committee decision first.

I sent them an update because I applied a couple weeks before getting my MCAT score, so I wanted them to have it. But I don't think giving them more to read (i.e. More LOR) is a good idea...

does anyone know what the mcat requirement is for LECOM post bacc

Accepted to the post-bacc program :) I'm very, very excited!

Details for all of you who are curious:
Transferred app over from the DO program - Dec 1st
Received confirmation (after emailing Alisa) - Dec 7th
App went into committee around early March (I got a response of "shouldn't be much longer now" on Mar 13th)
Just got my acceptance email this morning: Tuesday, March 28th, 9:20 am CT

506 MCAT, 2.91 sGPA, 3.1 cGPA (all with grade replacement, so this program is a blessing for me... lol)
TONS of shadowing, clinic volunteering, teaching (I'm a non-trad), and I started several programs for community health and computer science over the last 1.5 years.

*** I initially wrote that today was Thursday, can you tell I'm a bit flustered?! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Accepted to the post-bacc program :) I'm very, very excited!

Details for all of you who are curious:
Transferred app over from the DO program - Dec 1st
Received confirmation (after emailing Alisa) - Dec 7th
App went into committee around early March (I got a response of "shouldn't be much longer now" on Mar 13th)
Just got my acceptance email this morning: Thursday, March 28th, 9:20 am CT

506 MCAT, 2.91 sGPA, 3.1 cGPA (all with grade replacement, so this program is a blessing for me... lol)
TONS of shadowing, clinic volunteering, teaching (I'm a non-trad), and I started several programs for community health and computer science over the last 1.5 years.

Ahhh acceptances are going out on a Tuesday? Now I have to frantically check my email every minute!! Congratulations and thank you for the extremely detailed information.