2017-2018 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got accepted from the waitlist.

II: 12/19
Interviewed: 1/29
Waitlisted: 2/28
Accepted: 5/3

Good luck, everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
MY FIRST MD ACCEPTANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HURRAYU7U74RUU356JJHFSTJKHVUTZ=_/%;5__*5_9£THJGDYKKJH

DIOS MIO, I'M GOING TO DETROIT!!!!

tumblr_oruovaFufU1uhm8s0o1_500.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 23 users
Withdrew acceptance, another scholarship back in the pool.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to everyone who got off the waitlist!!!! hoping I will also get an email soon ://

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was also accepted in WSU tonight. So grateful. My top choice!!!

MY FIRST MD ACCEPTANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HURRAYU7U74RUU356JJHFSTJKHVUTZ=_/%;5__*5_9£THJGDYKKJH

DIOS MIO, I'M GOING TO DETROIT!!!!

tumblr_oruovaFufU1uhm8s0o1_500.gif

I was also accepted in WSU tonight. So grateful. My top choice!!!

What a night!! Congratulations you guys/girls I'm so happy for you all and everyone that has gotten in off the waitlist so far!! :highfive::banana:

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed in October, waitlisted in November. Starting to lose hope with all these waitlisted people getting accepted.

Interviewed in October, waitlisted in November. Starting to lose hope with all these waitlisted people getting accepted.

This completely describes my situation.

Sent from my iPhone

Reactions: 1 users
Don’t lose hope, y’all. I didn’t think my admissions letter was coming. If I got in, you definitely can. Keep checking.

Real stats:
501 MCAT
3.7 GPA
My biggest “quality” was working full-time all four years of undergrad while taking 17 credits. Just never been a good test taker

Don’t lose hope, y’all. I didn’t think my admissions letter was coming. If I got in, you definitely can. Keep checking.

Real stats:
501 MCAT
3.7 GPA
My biggest “quality” was working full-time all four years of undergrad while taking 17 credits. Just never been a good test taker
One of the things I love about this school, they truly look at your whole app and take everything into consideration. Had a similar situation where work forced my volunteer/clinical activities to be subpar, but was still able to make it! Congrats!

Accepted off the wait list 2 days ago...Interviewed Feb 12th, waitlisted March 29th

Anyone accepted May 3rd and not receive an email on how to accept the offer? It said an email would be sent 24 hours after the "congrats" email, but I haven't received it yet :/ plus my portal hasn't changed. Just wondering if others are in the same boat lol

So many acceptances this week were actually active on SDN - hoping my chances are still strong before June

Anyone accepted May 3rd and not receive an email on how to accept the offer? It said an email would be sent 24 hours after the "congrats" email, but I haven't received it yet :/ plus my portal hasn't changed. Just wondering if others are in the same boat lol
I think they send that email to your wayne account (school email). If you haven't activated it yet be sure to do that soon.

Hey, I'm in the same boat as you. It didn't come in my Wayne email, either. I think they're still catching up.

Same with me. I received two emails confirming my acceptance, but I never received the 24-hour follow-up email. They're probably just delayed.

So I called about the 24-hour follow-up email and they said to just wait a couple more days for it

Reactions: 2 users
So I called about the 24-hour follow-up email and they said to just wait a couple more days for it
Thank you! Little more relieved (still kinda waiting for an email titled, "Oops, that acceptance was an accident," haha)!

Thank you! Little more relieved (still kinda waiting for an email titled, "Oops, that acceptance was an accident," haha)!
Lol SAME! Hopefully that’s not the situation

Hello fellow waitlisters,

I was in the elevator in Scott Hall (masters student here) and overheard a few individuals were just getting out of an admissions meeting. Fingers Crossed- however he did say- the main topic was the DMC/WSU situation- but still wishing the best for all of us!!!

To those who sent update letter- were they very formal/concise or did anyone do anything creative?

Hello fellow waitlisters,

I was in the elevator in Scott Hall (masters student here) and overheard a few individuals were just getting out of an admissions meeting. Fingers Crossed- however he did say- the main topic was the DMC/WSU situation- but still wishing the best for all of us!!!

To those who sent update letter- were they very formal/concise or did anyone do anything creative?

Mine was only one paragraph.

I've been reading that the DMC/WSU won't affect medical students or residents. Has any current student heard anything about this?

I've been reading that the DMC/WSU won't affect medical students or residents. Has any current student heard anything about this?

There is a separate contract for the M3/M4/Residents from the Wayne State University Physician Group. Students (present and entering class) should be unaffected. Also, the school announced that they extended the current contract with DMC for 6 months.

I finally received the acceptance link to oficially enroll. :D

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if OOS matriculants can qualify for in-state tuition after n number of years? I know that some NY medical schools offer in-state tuition after living in NY for only one year, but what's WSUSOM policy? Just called the office and received no answer

Does anyone know if OOS matriculants can qualify for in-state tuition after n number of years? I know that some NY medical schools offer in-state tuition after living in NY for only one year, but what's WSUSOM policy? Just called the office and received no answer
If I remember correctly (believe I read this on the website a few months back) you can qualify for in-state if the circumstances surrounding you becoming in-state are not based on moving for education. So in most cases I believe you can not, but there are a couple loopholes in which it's allowed.

Edit: I would encourage you to do some digging on your own, especially if this is a big consideration for which medical school you will be attending. As I said, I read up about this months ago so my recollection may not be 100% accurate.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the next AdCom meeting will take place? Will this be the last meeting? Thanks!

Anyone know why the tuition and fees is listed as $1 in the Cost of Attendance 2018-2019 in Academia? I mean, I wouldn't complain...

Have a good summer everyone, I'm moving to Costa Rica! I can't wait to go zip lining.

Reactions: 7 users
Have a good summer everyone, I'm moving to Costa Rica! I can't wait to go zip lining.
Just visited Costa Rica this past February-- what a beautiful country! Definitely check out La Fortuna and Manuel Antonio

Just gave up my spot (got of the wait list at my top school). Good luck to you all who are wait listed!

I'm surprised no one has posted this week about an acceptance

Me too. I’m getting worried that they aren’t going to have many more spots opening up. This wait is so painful
last week people posted on monday-so maybe next week? stay strong!

Me too. I’m getting worried that they aren’t going to have many more spots opening up. This wait is so painful
I was accepted May 3rd and we were given two weeks to make a final decision. They're probably waiting for that wave to make decisions. Keep up your positive vibes for people to get accepted into their top med schools to free up some space here. I'm rooting for everyone on the waitlist bc I know how bad y'all want it.

Just accepted off the waitlist!
Interviewed 1/22
Waitlisted 2/28

Sent in two update letters. OOS Applicant.

Accepted at another school in NY...currently torn!

Just accepted off the waitlist!
Interviewed 1/22
Waitlisted 2/28

Sent in two update letters. OOS Applicant.

Accepted at another school in NY...currently torn!
You couldn't have picked a better username for the post you just made haha. Congrats!!!!!

Were there any other acceptances today? It doesn't seem like they're taking as many people off of the waitlist this year