2018-2019 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-allo mods (WedgeDawg, Ismet, Lucca, or gyngyn) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Wayne State University School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to everyone in this upcoming application cycle! :clap:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten a secondary yet?

Just received a secondary invite but it looks like the link to it from their portal isn't working.

Reactions: 4 users
Secondary received

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also received a secondary. Is it just me or does it look like there aren't any essays this year?

Just received a secondary invite but it looks like the link to it from their portal isn't working.
yep, it says "You cannot access this form" every time I click on it...
Hope they can fix it soon

Also received the secondary with the link not working o_O

after doing some research on the past 3 cycles’ threads, here is a rough idea of SDN postings regarding Wayne Secondary timeline:

2015-2016 Cycle: First Secondary’s Releases on July 28 (Repeat of Year Prior).
2016-2017 Cycle: July 6, Essay Prompts Availible for submission
2017-2018 Cycle: June 30 Email Release, Essay Prompts/Portal Availibility after glitch Jul 6 (Repeat of Year Prior)

Reactions: 1 users
I just called them. They said it should work 24 - 48 hours after receiving the link!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi new here. How do you look at someone's MDApps? I'm getting an error when I look at BurnFlowers' page.
I clicked the link (24130) and it takes me there.

Note: 24130 is under her avatar

Does anyone have the essay prompts for this cycle?

On the portal website, it shows that amcas does not send transcripts to the school and will need to be sent after admission is confirmed. Do you guys know if this is the case for all amcas schools or just wayne?

On the portal website, it shows that amcas does not send transcripts to the school and will need to be sent after admission is confirmed. Do you guys know if this is the case for all amcas schools or just wayne?
Pretty sure that’s all schools. Before you matriculate, you have to request transcripts again. Amcas only sends the verified classes you listed on your app to them

Does anyone have the essay prompts for this cycle?
Please answer each of the three essays below. Responses are limited to a maximum of 1000 characters, including spaces. Only answer the additional question sections if they apply. Do not use a ~ in your responses.

1. Why do you wish to pursue your medical education at Wayne State University School of Medicine?
2. Medical School is very time consuming, and you are going to have to eliminate some current activities. What three activities are most important for you to continue while in medical school? Why?
3. Give an example of a project to which you gave sustained effort. How were you involved in the leadership of this project?

Please only answer this question if you are a re-applicant. The response is limited to a maximum of 1500 characters, including spaces. What academic, employment, volunteer experiences have you been engaged in since your last application to medical school? How does your current application differ from your previous application?

Please only answer this question if you were ever the recipient of an institutional action. The response is limited to a maximum of 1500 characters, including spaces. Fully describe the circumstances that resulted in the disciplinary institutional action citation noted on your AMCAS application. What lasting lessons have you learned from the experience?

Same as last year pretty much!

Does anyone know what to do with the "technical standards" section of the secondary? Are we supposed to print, sign, scan, and upload? Or is there a way to sign this electronically?

Does anyone know what to do with the "technical standards" section of the secondary? Are we supposed to print, sign, scan, and upload? Or is there a way to sign this electronically?
I think either way works. Since I have adobe editor, I was able to sign it electronically. Otherwise I think you'll probably have to print, sign and scan it

I think either way works. Since I have adobe editor, I was able to sign it electronically. Otherwise I think you'll probably have to print, sign and scan it
Ok thank you for the reply! Did you only upload the signature page or the entire document?

has anybody not gotten wayne's secondary yet? do they screen? i have a LizzyM of 68 and i'm instate.

Hey! So if anyone still has trouble logging in, try typing in your username and password instead of copying and pasting from the e-mail link you received. I couldn't access it for a couple days and when I switched to typing it worked instantly!

I haven't.
Wayne State doesn't screen before sending. I heard they even started sending emails encouraging out of state students to apply so that shouldn't be a factor either. Don't worry too much about the secondary working right now, they usually don't start looking at applications until August because admissions is consumed with the 2-week orientation for new students that starts around July 17th.

Am I considered a reapplicant if I applied last cycle but did not apply to Wayne last cycle?

Does the first secondary about why Wayne state 1000 character limit include or exclude spaces?

Does anyone know what the "(Optional) MD:Addtl Upload for Committees" checklist item is for? The description is "You may use this upload function to provide documentation that will support your application," but I can't find anything about this on the WSUSOM admissions website regarding this piece.

Does anyone know what the "(Optional) MD:Addtl Upload for Committees" checklist item is for? The description is "You may use this upload function to provide documentation that will support your application," but I can't find anything about this on the WSUSOM admissions website regarding this piece.
I think it might be a place to send updates? I'm confused about that as well

I'm also confused as to why it takes 24 hours for the secondaries and payments to get uploaded? None of the other schools I've looked at have this delay

I interpreted this to be like a way to explain any glaring problems with your application, i.e. felonies, F's on transcript etc. I don't think its wholly necessary

Can anyone please inform me the price ($) for submitting the Secondary?

Most applicants use this tab to submit updates and LOIs later on in the year

Can anyone please inform me the price ($) for submitting the Secondary?

$100,000 Schrute Bucks

latest

Reactions: 8 users
Just got the secondary! Anyone else have trouble going to the secondary app after changing their password?

Apparently wayne state is having IT difficulties with the portal for submisison of the essays and payments so don't freak out if that process takes more than 24 hours

Apparently wayne state is having IT difficulties with the portal for submisison of the essays and payments so don't freak out if that process takes more than 24 hours

My essays showed up but not the payment, hopefully they fix it. It was previously telling me that i have already paid but now it lets me pay again. Should I call and ask them if they received it.

My essays showed up but not the payment, hopefully they fix it. It was previously telling me that i have already paid but now it lets me pay again. Should I call and ask them if they received it.
I got the payment email but it doesnt show in the portal. But my app says its in for review which means they got everything.

Anybody still not receive a secondary? I'm in-state and this is a top school for me. 511 MCAT and 3.7 GPA so I don't think I'm screened.
Wayne doesn’t screen, just be patient. Their secondary is notoriously glitchy, just look at last years thread and the year before that as well. They probably are trying to work through the problems before sending it out en masse.

Last years secondary wasn’t accessible to people until July 6th because of glitches, even though they received it way earlier. So if you haven’t received one I wouldn’t be worried.

If you guys need some counseling for this we can meet in the conference room. Just don’t tell Michael and Dwight.