2017-2018 University of Pikeville - Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the call and got accepted!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Literally cried tears of joy. Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED (crying)

Reactions: 5 users
Got the call from Dr. Buser! Congrats everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
ACCEPTED OMG I AM SO HAPPY I CANNOT EVEN BELIEVE IT!! SO EXCITED TO MEET ALL OF YOU!

Yes! I’m in! This is where I’m going!! Can’t wait to meet everyone!!! ❤️

Was this the first batch of acceptance?

Still waiting on II? I emailed to update my newest MCAT score but I haven't gotten any response back. Any suggestion?

I was complete back on 8/1.

Reactions: 1 user
Was this the first batch of acceptance?

Still waiting on II? I emailed to update my newest MCAT score but I haven't gotten any response back. Any suggestion?

I was complete back on 8/1.
Yes this was the first batch of acceptances. There is still plenty of time :)

Would any newly accepted peeps mind posting their stats and/or interview tips? I'm so excited to interview here and so excited for all of you!!

I submitted my application 9/30 and haven’t heard back for a secondary. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would any newly accepted peeps mind posting their stats and/or interview tips? I'm so excited to interview here and so excited for all of you!!

Yeah so I had a 503 and a 3.46 Cgpa and 3.4 Sgpa, with 3 years ems experience and currently in a clinical research position. My biggest words of advice would be to just relax. It's either a 1 on 1 or a 2 on 1 and they're not trying to trick you, they just want to see who you are and what you are about.

3.8 cGPA, 3.7 sGPA, 497 MCAT. I would agree with spartan56, try not to be too nervous, but still don't take the interview lightly. Some interviewers may be more laid back than others. Personally, mine stuck to more serious topics such as the typical why DO/medicine, why KYCOM (since I'm OOS), and they may also nitpick certain things from your app. They asked me why I wrote one of the first sentences in my personal statement, why my grades fluctuated a bit during my junior year, why my MCAT was a little low, etc. So they just want to see you be able to talk about yourself under a bit of pressure. All the staff and student ambassadors are very friendly and you will feel welcomed there. Feel free to message me about anything else and good luck!

Last edited:
3.7 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA, OOS; My questions were very similar to what is mentioned above. Topics such as why physician versus other medical careers, why Pikeville, how do I handle stress, etc etc. My interviewers were very friendly and genuinely interested in what I had to say. It was very laid back and comforting from the moment I arrived until the very end. Let me know if you have any other questions!

So who has interviews coming up at this school? Mine is the weekend before thanksgiving

Anyone who has already been accepted get anything in snail mail or anything via email about our acceptances or what to do next?

Anyone who has already been accepted get anything in snail mail or anything via email about our acceptances or what to do next?
you won’t receive anything in the mail that I know of, but they will send you a letter in an email and I suggest printing it out. It can be helpful later for joining things like local gyms etc. we get pretty great student discounts here in Pikeville :)

I don't know if you've checked your portal yet, but it should have an updated Admissions tab with a short letter and deposit information.

When was last wave of II? Still hoping for an II>

I really really liked Pikeville. The students and faculty were really nice and everyone seemed to really like the school. Spent a few days checkin out the place and the drive in was really peaceful. I really am hoping for good news after the interview !

Did you spend a lot of time exploring the town and the general area of Pikeville?

I am not for sure, but when we did the tour on interview day, a few of the students talked about how in their free time they enjoy going hiking or to parks. Not sure about fishing/hunting though!

Reactions: 1 users
For any current/former students here, are there opportunities for specialty rotations? I know that the focus is on primary care.

The bulk of us who interviewed on the 17/18th got our calls the following Monday, so a little over a week. I looked on previous ones as well and was scaring myself since I had not heard yet. Hang in there!

They met today. Should hear soon guys!

My super sleuthing :ninja: from last years thread gives me hope for today! Apparently those that interviewed on Friday and Saturday of this time last year started getting calls on Thursday of the next week. :D:D:D:D
Last year the committee met on Tuesdays but this year they are meeting on Thursdays so don't worry if you don't hear anything until the following Monday or Tuesday. We all also have Block today and Monday so administration is busy with us :) Just wanted to give you a heads up and hopefully calm some nerves

Cancelled my interview. Hope it goes to one of you well-deserving SDNers!

Accepted just now (11ish). 10/28 interview

ACCEPTED!!! interviewed 10/27

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to those accepted so far! This has been one of the most angsty mornings of my life XD

Reactions: 1 users
Got the call around 2pm! Was a very nice break from trying to pick up C. elegans eggs under a microscope :) so excited!

Reactions: 5 users
498, 3.65c, 3.56s.
Haven't heard anything back yet.
Hope for an II, Illinois resident.

To anyone interviewing soon at KYCOM, The coffee shop across the street has really good sandwiches!
It does but make sure you have at least 10 minutes to wait for your sandwich. It’s the slowest shop on earth.

Interviewing on November 18th!
I received an II from KYCOM. In the invite it says you have been invited to interview for a position in the class of 2020, it seems it should say 2022. But Im a first time applicant for this 2018 cycle. Im wondering if anybody else had this happen to them?

Hey all. Receieved my waitlist email this afternoon. Anyone know the stats for how many people will get off the waitlist and when they usually notify? Thanks!

I received an II from KYCOM. In the invite it says you have been invited to interview for a position in the class of 2020, it seems it should say 2022. But Im a first time applicant for this 2018 cycle. Im wondering if anybody else had this happen to them?
Probably just a Typo

Yeah that happened to me, I just emailed ronnie and he got it fixed right away

Does anyone know if there’s a FB page up yet for Class of 2022 accepted students?