2017-2018 University of Pikeville - Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! Coming Oct 27th for a friday interview, driving in from Knoxville, so excited this looks like a great school! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How high would your stats have to be to start being in danger of getting yield protected here?

II! Coming Oct 27th for a friday interview, driving in from Knoxville, so excited this looks like a great school! :D
Did you get your II now? What are your stats and complete date if you don’t mind sharing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite today! First of the cycle for me. Submitted secondary on 8/1.

Congrats on the II! If anyone needs a place to stay... I'm a current student with a spare bedroom on airbnb. PM me if interested :)

Reactions: 1 users
II, going October 28th

II just now (complete 8/12) but might end up declining.. best of luck to ya'll!

Received an II yesterday. Scheduled it so that I can do KYCOM and WVSOM in the same weekend

Members don't see this ad :)
what is the best way to fly into pikeville or a nearby airport?

what is the best way to fly into Pikeville or a nearby airport?
Unfortunately, there isn't a major airport super close to Pikeville. I think most people either drive or fly into Lexington and get a rental car. There is a small airport in Huntington, WV that you could do the same. I've also heard of people flying in/out of Cincinnati because it can be a cheaper flight depending on where you're coming from.

Interview invite yesterday (9/26), complete 9/12. In-state.

II today! Submitted on 8/25 complete on 9/10. OOS. Interviewing on 10/28 - anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
if anyone has interviewed yet, would you be so kind as to let me know if we get a more detailed itinerary closer to our interview date? I would like to know who my interviewers are beforehand, if possible, in order to research them before we meet to ask appropriate questions (this has been the case for my other interviews)

if anyone has interviewed yet, would you be so kind as to let me know if we get a more detailed itinerary closer to our interview date? I would like to know who my interviewers are beforehand, if possible, in order to research them before we meet to ask appropriate questions (this has been the case for my other interviews)
You will get a more detailed itenerary when you arrive. They will provide you with a folder that has all of that type of information already in it:) Everyone will be split into groups and will take turns touring the school and speaking with students while others are in interviews. It is generally laid back though :) hope this helps

You will get a more detailed itenerary when you arrive. They will provide you with a folder that has all of that type of information already in it:) Everyone will be split into groups and will take turns touring the school and speaking with students while others are in interviews. It is generally laid back though :) hope this helps

Yes, thank you! Would you be willing to PM me and share your interview experience/any tips on how to best prepare? I'm afraid I become a total bundle of nerves when it comes to interviews.

Yes, thank you! Would you be willing to PM me and share your interview experience/any tips on how to best prepare? I'm afraid I become a total bundle of nerves when it comes to interviews.
absolutely, I will pm you tomorrow

I interview here on Saturday! Can anyone share any tips or advice on what to expect?? I am super nervous :eek:

I interview here on Saturday! Can anyone share any tips or advice on what to expect?? I am super nervous :eek:
So the first bit of advice I know you wont take...Don't Be Nervous lol. Seriously though, try your best to get a good nights sleep and enjoy the day. There are no MMI situations, no scary faculty trying to trip you up or anything like that. They want to see the real you and not a robot, and to make sure you are a good fit for the KYCOM family and that we are a good fit for you as well. Out of the 4 schools I interviewed at, this was my most relaxed interview. Keep in mind the below advice is what happened at my interview last year so if things are a little different don't hate me lol (I doubt much has changed though). Once you arrive at the school they will more than likely take your photo for your file and give you a folder with information. In your folder there will be 2 sheets of information about the professors who will interview you. Read them...see if you can connect with them or at least have something in common (maybe non-medically related) to talk with them about. I'm pretty sure 70% of my interview was discussing scuba diving :) You will hear from various leaders of our school (more than likely the Dean) and will be split into groups. One group will start a tour of the school, another will go to interview, and the last will stay in the room talking to current students. Please feel free to ask your questions, the students are your resource and have nothing to do with your acceptance. There will be a small lunch for you as well. I recommend visiting the SDN page that posts some of the common questions over the years. The will definitely ask why DO and why Medicine, Why KYCOM (especially if you are out of state), they will pick items from your personal statement, essays, activities, and transcript to talk about. Be ready to explain any defaults in your application (low grade in a class etc.). I hope this was helpful! Please have a great day at your interview, you may even see me:) Let me know if you have any further questions, Id be happy to answer anything you have.

I also interview this weekend and was wondering for those who have applied there before how long it takes back to hear a decision?

I also interview this weekend and was wondering for those who have applied there before how long it takes back to hear a decision?
It usually takes about a week or 2 at the most (depending on holidays etc). I heard back 1 week later on the dot

So the first bit of advice I know you wont take...Don't Be Nervous lol. Seriously though, try your best to get a good nights sleep and enjoy the day. There are no MMI situations, no scary faculty trying to trip you up or anything like that. They want to see the real you and not a robot, and to make sure you are a good fit for the KYCOM family and that we are a good fit for you as well. Out of the 4 schools I interviewed at, this was my most relaxed interview. Keep in mind the below advice is what happened at my interview last year so if things are a little different don't hate me lol (I doubt much has changed though). Once you arrive at the school they will more than likely take your photo for your file and give you a folder with information. In your folder there will be 2 sheets of information about the professors who will interview you. Read them...see if you can connect with them or at least have something in common (maybe non-medically related) to talk with them about. I'm pretty sure 70% of my interview was discussing scuba diving :) You will hear from various leaders of our school (more than likely the Dean) and will be split into groups. One group will start a tour of the school, another will go to interview, and the last will stay in the room talking to current students. Please feel free to ask your questions, the students are your resource and have nothing to do with your acceptance. There will be a small lunch for you as well. I recommend visiting the SDN page that posts some of the common questions over the years. The will definitely ask why DO and why Medicine, Why KYCOM (especially if you are out of state), they will pick items from your personal statement, essays, activities, and transcript to talk about. Be ready to explain any defaults in your application (low grade in a class etc.). I hope this was helpful! Please have a great day at your interview, you may even see me:) Let me know if you have any further questions, Id be happy to answer anything you have.

Well now I'm hoping I can get the interviewer that likes to scuba dive.

Reactions: 2 users
Any word from those who interviewed this past weekend?

Okay thank you both! Just getting super anxious here :D

Still silence hoping to get a call soon

I guess it will be tomorrow! I hope

Nothing yet over here either... Might have to wait another week :/

So uh safe to assume they won't contact us til next week then lol?

I'm assuming there has been a delay in decisions with so many of you not hearing anything yet. I know how hard it is waiting but I'm sure you will hear something soon.

Still nothing? I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed..

I interviewed on 10/14 still havent heard anything either! thank god i thought i was the only one

I’m really surprised because they assured us on interview day that we’d hear back this week.

i emailed rollie collins and he said calls began on friday..?? so idk

Take a breath calm down.

If you haven't received a rejection email it means they're running behind. The rejections always went out on Friday.

So if calls began on Friday, who got in? haha have yet to see any acceptance posts. I have still not heard anything, so really crossing my fingers for a call tomorrow

Reactions: 2 users