2017-2018 University of Pikeville - Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who submitted their supplemental application here, does your status still say that they have not received the letters of rec?
yes!

Members don't see this ad.

Its kind of weird though it says incomplete on my app next to LOR but when I click it shows my letter packet with a green checkmark. Is there just extra time for them to verify your complete app?

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted here August 3 and still no secondary...

So I see in the application where the supplemental questions are, but what is this "Statement of Purpose: Please explain why you should be selected for training as a primary care, rural osteopathic physician. Please also explain why you are applying to KYCOM for osteopathic medical education and why you believe you will be a successful KYCOM medical student (1-2 pages maximum)" Is this an additional essay to the other questions?

So I see in the application where the supplemental questions are, but what is this "Statement of Purpose: Please explain why you should be selected for training as a primary care, rural osteopathic physician. Please also explain why you are applying to KYCOM for osteopathic medical education and why you believe you will be a successful KYCOM medical student (1-2 pages maximum)" Is this an additional essay to the other questions?
bump.

Members don't see this ad :)
That must be new. I don't remember that from last year. I would say yes if there are additional questions and a place to upload that essay as well. If you need more clarification though I would contact Ronnie Collins (director of admissions) for advice.

I do believe that this "statement of purpose" is addressed through the questions that they ask in the application. I submitted my secondary only answering the questions in the spaces provided, and it has been marked as complete! It probably wouldn't hurt to email and ask though, just in case!

Reactions: 1 user
Threads from past cycles suggest IIs won't go out for another week or two.

Just received a complete email!

Tiger Tank is also in Rocky Vista's thread talking about how awful they are.

I'm sorry they're not responding to emails, but do realize they're managing thousands of applications and dealing with the first years who just started. You can't expect your emails to be their highest priority.

Reactions: 4 users
Aug 29th got the "complete email"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

How are we suppose to answer prompt 3 if we haven't had exposure to osteopathic medicine specifically? I actually prefer DO programs, but this was a pretty new decision. Also, there are not many DOs in my area.

II today! Interviewing October 14th

I actually never received a complete email. I got the "submitted" email on 8/24

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

just threw my hat in the ring... late and out of state, but it seems like things are just getting started here anyway.

Hey yall!! I got the secondary invite on 07-31 and submitted 08-10. I got confirmation of that in an email the same day. Have not heard anything since. Did it take this long for you guys? I called Mr Collins today and am waiting to hear back. Just wondering if yall had a similar situation! Thanks!

Hey yall!! I got the secondary invite on 07-31 and submitted 08-10. I got confirmation of that in an email the same day. Have not heard anything since. Did it take this long for you guys? I called Mr Collins today and am waiting to hear back. Just wondering if yall had a similar situation! Thanks!
I remember it taking a bit. I didn't hear anything until the end of September. Just try and be patient:) I know it's hard but you will hear something.