2017-2018 Touro University - Nevada Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nice!! Did you get notified by email? And do you mind sharing stats?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yessir! PM me for the stats.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yay. II! 3.67/518. Completed 7/24.

Reactions: 1 users
Hmm, just got an email that my application is under review, I submitted my secondary the first day they sent them out ); must have front loaded some of the apps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm, just got an email that my application is under review, I submitted my secondary the first day they sent them out ); must have front loaded some of the apps.

Same here :(

Congrats on the interviews! I just got the under review email.

just got this. anyone else get it too?

"Thank you for your continued interest in Touro University Nevada! Your application is in the final review stage and soon you will be notified with the next decision."

"Thank you for your continued interest in Touro University Nevada! Your application is in the final review stage and soon you will be notified with the next decision."

I just got the same email as well, hopefully it's a good sign of what's to come! Best of luck to you!

Reactions: 2 users

got the same email!

Did anyone upload a resume? It's listed as optional in the secondary app/e-mail.

Did you guys fill out anything in the recommendations section of the secondary if you uploaded your letters through AACOMAS?
I just put down the recommenders' names (same as AACOMAS). If you include an email address it will send another letter request.

Did you guys follow the format that they give for the activities section? For example it states (Please provide the employers name, occupation/position, and duration of employment). So are you following that exact format? Or typing in complete sentences and being sure to include these things in your reponse?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys follow the format that they give for the activities section? For example it states (Please provide the employers name, occupation/position, and duration of employment). So are you following that exact format? Or typing in complete sentences and being sure to include these things in your reponse?
I didn't do complete sentences. Just included the basic info they were asking for.

I didn't do complete sentences. Just included the basic info they were asking for.
Did you double dip on any of your experiences? For example including your healthcare employment in employment history and healthcare professions?

Did you double dip on any of your experiences? For example including your healthcare employment in employment history and healthcare professions?
I shadowed a doc for over a year who eventually trusted me enough to promote me from fly-on-the-wall status to actively helping in the clinic (taking vitals, attaching cardio leads, fetching paperwork, sending bloodwork/samples to our lab tech, etc). I counted this experience under volunteer hours (which was OK'd by the doc as well as my Health-professions class that needed clinical hours) although I was there to shadow. So yes, you could say I "double dipped". ;)

Touro Nevada officially has the most annoying and egregious secondary out of every school I am applying to. "Tell us everything you already told us in your primary application and pay us another $100." What a joke.

I just put down the recommenders' names (same as AACOMAS). If you include an email address it will send another letter request.
So you just put in their names but not their e-mails correct? Mine is coming as a letter packet from my school. I e-mailed them but haven't heard back. I'm about ready to submit the secondary except for this part is effing with me. Also I have to make another account for my touro California secondary? with a different e-mail and stuff?

So you just put in their names but not their e-mails correct? Mine is coming as a letter packet from my school. I e-mailed them but haven't heard back. I'm about ready to submit the secondary except for this part is effing with me. Also I have to make another account for my touro California secondary? with a different e-mail and stuff?
That is correct, just names no emails. I'm not too sure about your second question. The CA school appears to be another application from what I've seen. Anybody here care to chime in?

You included names even though the email they sent said it wasn't required for osteopathic medicine applicants?

Edit: Quoted wrong poster.

Just got an email saying, "Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate four weeks (six to eight weeks during peak periods in the cycle) for the review process prior to receiving official notification of the next decision."

Does this mean I passed the pre-screen? I sent my secondary in back on 7/13...

Just got an email saying, "Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate four weeks (six to eight weeks during peak periods in the cycle) for the review process prior to receiving official notification of the next decision."

Does this mean I passed the pre-screen? I sent my secondary in back on 7/13...

Not sure, but a few of us have received this message as well. We are all hoping it has some meaning of our progression through the review process, but only time will tell! Good luck!

Last edited:
II Just now! LizzyM 62, OOS, Complete 7/24

II! 3.45 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA, 504 MCAT, OOS. Complete 7/24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

II!

3.3, 3.3, 509 OOS complete 7/20

longestyeahboy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
II!! Very excited! Anyone familiar with TUNCOM's interview structure?

II today
SGPA 3.2
cGPA 3.5
MCAT 505

II! cGPA 3.35, sGPA 3.3, MCAT 506

Those that have IIs, when did y'all get a secondary received email?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

How long after you submit your secondary does it take to get a complete email? Also, is there any way to check your status online?
Submitted 7/19
Complete 7/24

Silence since! Some people have heard back that submitted around and at the same time as me, but they had better stats.

Last edited:
Woah, that's insanely fast.

That's nuts. What were your stats like? 528 and 4.0? :eek:

Whoops sorry guys...

Timeline:
Secondary Received 7/10
Secondary Submitted 7/20
Secondary Complete email 7/21
Under Review email 7/27
Status update/final review stage email 7/31
II 8/9

Stats:
cGPA 3.56
sGPA 3.34
MCAT 505

Last edited:
II today!!

Stats:
cGPA 3.79
sGPA 3.85
MCAT 500

Received Secondary: 7/10
Submitted Secondary: 7/13
Secondary Received Email: 7/24
Application Under Review Email: 8/8

I honestly don't think they review apps in the order they get them. I wish I knew exactly how they reviewed them, it would calm my nerves. If they went chronologically I would have had my app reviewed by now...

Does anyone know if they pre-screen or do a preliminary screening? I'm wondering if my Academic Warning from freshman year is holding up my application...

Congrats to all with II! Good luck!

Received Secondary: 7/10
Submitted Secondary: 7/13
Secondary Received Email: 7/24
Application Under Review Email: 8/8

I honestly don't think they review apps in the order they get them. I wish I knew exactly how they reviewed them, it would calm my nerves. If they went chronologically I would have had my app reviewed by now...

Does anyone know if they pre-screen or do a preliminary screening? I'm wondering if my Academic Warning from freshman year is holding up my application...

Congrats to all with II! Good luck!
I got an email yesterday that was titled secondary application received and in the body stated it is currently under review. Same email as the one you got yesterday?

I got an email yesterday that was titled secondary application received and in the body stated it is currently under review. Same email as the one you got yesterday?

I got this email on 7/24:

"This message confirms receipt of your Supplemental Admissions Application to the Osteopathic Medicine program at Touro University Nevada. Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate four to six weeks for the faculty review process before receiving official notification of your application status. As a reminder, all status updates will be sent by email."

Then yesterday I received this email:

"Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate four weeks (six to eight weeks during peak periods in the cycle) for the review process prior to receiving official notification of the next decision. You will be notified through email if you are eliminated or are invited for a campus interview. You do not need to call or email the department for any other status checks during this stage; we will update you as soon as possible."

Maybe every few weeks I'll get an "under review" email. Then when I'm 95 I'll die and never know if I was going to get an interview or not.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone having trouble booking your interview date?

Anyone knows how the interview is like? What should we do to prepare for it?

Anyone knows how the interview is like? What should we do to prepare for it?

From last years thread:

"You start the day with a group presentation, the woman presenting to us happened to have an admissions position so be sure to make a good impression. Then some people will start interviews and others will go on tour. Interview is only 20 minutes and very conversational with one or two faculty members, it flys by so be prepared to answer thoroughly but kinda quickly. After that they have kosher lunch (pretty good pizza) and have a student panel. Ask a lot of questions and be yourself is my only tip."

II received! Secondary completed 7/10, marked complete 7/21. 508-510 MCAT and LizzyM 65-66.

So we just hit save and that is all we have to do?

So we just hit save and that is all we have to do?

Make sure after you hit save it says something along the lines of confirmation will be sent within 1-2 days.

Make sure after you hit save it says something along the lines of confirmation will be sent within 1-2 days.
really, shoot. Didn't get that, worried because i hit it twice.