2017-2018 Touro University - Nevada Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II !

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone. OMS1 at TUN. Feel free to DM me or post questions on here. I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can as I'm sure you all understand I'm pretty busy with classes! Best of luck to everyone applying here

Reactions: 1 user
Will anyone be interviewing on Mon 9/18? I'll be in town early Sunday 9/17, looking for people to grab a drink/food with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a question. Do we need to request recommendations for secondary? I have already submitted recommendations through aacomas but it seems like ,on the secondary page, the school does not download recommendation letters from aacomas.. did I misunderstand?

I got a question. Do we need to request recommendations for secondary? I have already submitted recommendations through aacomas but it seems like ,on the secondary page, the school does not download recommendation letters from aacomas.. did I misunderstand?

It'll all be accepted through AACOMAS. I simply did the secondary and paid the fee. No extra steps needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know how common it is to have earlier interview dates open up? There was an option to be notified if there were openings earlier than the date I signed up for.

Nothing here? It's been quite for a while. Hopefully they start giving out more II this upcoming week.

Has anyone received ii's during the past couple weeks? I'm on week 5 since receiving receiving the "under review" email.

Silence here, I’ve had my app complete since 9/5 and nothing.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that interviewed this month: when did they say decisions were going out? I vaguely remember someone saying sometime mid-October but they would try to let us know sooner? This waiting game is brutal!

For those that interviewed this month: when did they say decisions were going out? I vaguely remember someone saying sometime mid-October but they would try to let us know sooner? This waiting game is brutal!

They said 2-3 weeks, but there could be delays due to observance of Jewish holidays. They said the Medical Admissions Comittee would meet on this coming Tuesday. Process is interviewers-> MAC -> deans.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey just a heads up to folks. I visited for their preview day and spoke to an adcom about sending a letter of update or interest. She told me it was strongly discouraged and that communication should be limited to the aacomas grade updates.

I submitted my secondary app on 9/8 and still haven't received a complete email, is this normal? Or should I call them>

I submitted my secondary app on 9/8 and still haven't received a complete email, is this normal? Or should I call them>

I think you should wait this week out. They observe Jewish holidays and there are a few around this time, so application reviews and decisions will be delayed.

Just got an e-mail saying that an admissions decision would be made by 9/28. Interviewed on 9/7.

So I'm a little confused. I received an email 6 weeks ago stating that my supplemental application was received and in the review process and also to anticipate 4-6 weeks for decision. I called earlier today just to check on my status and the lady said that it's taking a little longer due to jewish holidays. Now I just received an email saying my application is under review and to anticipate 4 weeks (6-8 weeks during peak periods) for review process. So is my review starting all over or...?

Oh you're right, I got an under review email on August 14th and another one today. Interesting..
August 14th was the day I received that first email too. Oh I forgot to mention she said the next steps were looking at letters of recommendation, so maybe this new email is signaling that?

Just got my interview moved up from December to this Monday, anyone else going to be there?

Just received the acceptance email as well!

Reactions: 4 users
Also just got my acceptance email!! So excited :banana:!! This school immediately became my top choice after interviewing on 9/7. Congrats to those who got accepted and good luck to everyone applying. TUN is really a great school with a lot to offer.

Please don't hesitate to DM me if you have any questions

Can I get some pros and cons of Touro Nevada. I went through all the online sources and I could not even find a list of the clubs/orgs on campus.

Did you request for it to be moved up, or did they send you an offer for the earlier date?

There was an option when scheduling that I checked that if a closer date became available I would potentially be interested, but I did not expected it to be moved up almost 2 and a half months earlier.

Interview waitlist today. Applied late July.

Withdrew my acceptance here today. Hope it goes to one of you deserving individuals! :)

I interviewed here today and have mixed feeling about the school. I have to say I really liked what the Dean had to say. There is a major focus on preparing students to get into their desired specialty and focus on board scores. I think the track system in year three was a huge plus and liked the idea of being taught disaster response curriculum. I also like the Henderson area it seemed nice and quiet, plenty of shopping areas (Winco, walmart) and very affordable. I have to say by biggest con is the facility itself. There does not seem to be that much space in general let alone quiet study areas and lack of windows and outside areas had the office work vibe. There also does not seem to be any official mentoring programs due to current short staffing (as told by my interviewers) and no consistent global opportunities. As the class size is expanding this year I have concerns of a growing lack of space and parking (although the physical space is being expanded).

Reactions: 3 users
II scheduled for 12/18. Can anyone say what their experience was like? Is it open file? What kind of questions? Vibe etc?

II scheduled for 12/18. Can anyone say what their experience was like? Is it open file? What kind of questions? Vibe etc?

They do not have access to your GPA/Mcat, but it seemed like they do have access to your extracurriculars. The questions ranged from basic why DO / why here to ethical based ones. There were things I liked and things I disliked as well you can check out my post a little further up.

Accepted 9/27, II 9/7. The interview was 20 mins for each applicant with general questions you can find on SDN. I think it's a great school per the students I've been talking to (friends' friends). Since I'm interested in primary care and want to be closer to my family, this is a good match for me. There's also plenty of hospitals to rotate through during the clinical years.

If anyone's creating a Facebook group, please DM me. Or if y'all have any question, feel free to DM me as well.

Reactions: 2 users
9/18 interviewers, we should expect to hear back sometime this week right?