2017-2018 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYIT-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an email from NYITCOM about it about a week after I received invitation for my site visit.
and you got an email saying to visit the site? and they took your name down or something at the site?

Members don't see this ad.

Their average matriculation MCAT last year was a 504, I'm sure people <500 get II's, especially at the Jonesboro campus. What do you mean by processed?
The man told me that for this year, they won't consider any applicants with less than 500.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when Nyitcom starts sending out invites for interviews? I got an email saying they have my primary and what not; applied sometime in June. Has anyone gotten scheduled for an interview yet?
+1, received same email after my secondary. No II info yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Went through last years threads for both campuses. People started announcing their IIs on Aug 11th for both campuses.
This cycle is a bit different since they got questions vs. no questions last cycle, and also the 10 day deadline. With previous posts here saying they were having system issues, and now with having to read secondary essays, it might take longer. Hopefully this isn't the case and we start hearing something early August again.

Reactions: 2 users
Just submitted both my primary and secondary today! Hoping NYIT shows me some love, its a top 2 DO school for me. I haven't heard a bad thing about this place.

and you got an email saying to visit the site? and they took your name down or something at the site?
I got an email for a site visit as a candidate for early interview. The email confirming the TBD early interview date came a few days later.

Reactions: 2 users
I paid the secondary fee, but I never received notice of completion. I just see this under the ">>Review>> tab without a way to formally submit.

anyone else having this issue? I contacted the school to see.

I paid the secondary fee, but I never received notice of completion. I just see this under the ">>Review>> tab without a way to formally submit.

anyone else having this issue? I contacted the school to see.
I got an email from NYIT confirming my payment through PayPal and then it was about 2 weeks later that I got the email saying my application was received and once they get everything (test scores, letter, etc), it would be under review. Not sure if that's the answer you were looking for!

Last edited:
I got an email from NYIT confirming my payment through PayPal and then it was about 2 weeks later that I got the email saying my application was under review. Not sure if thats the answer you were looking for!
Hm.. I got an email from paypal saying it was paid, but nothing from NYITCOM itself. My app still can be edited. No idea how to submit.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 3.23.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 3.23.12 PM.png
    65.2 KB · Views: 97
I definitely would call! If I remember correctly, that screen you took a picture of came up before I went to the payment screen.

I've gotten an email saying my supplemental app was complete, but nothing about under review....should I call?

I've gotten an email saying my supplemental app was complete, but nothing about under review....should I call?

I got the email saying that they received my AACOMAS app and that the review process would begin once they get the MCAT, letters etc. I called to confirm they got everything.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The man told me that for this year, they won't consider any applicants with less than 500.

That's interesting because when I called shortly before submitting my secondary early July, a man told me that they would consider all applicants and factor in experiences/GPA progression/MCAT progression holistically with no hard cutoff, regardless of any low scores. Guess we just need to wait and see.

That's interesting because when I called shortly before submitting my secondary early July, a man told me that they would consider all applicants and factor in experiences/GPA progression/MCAT progression holistically with no hard cutoff, regardless of any low scores. Guess we just need to wait and see.

Well, I hope for your info to be more accurate than mine!

Any news? This is one of my top schools and am dying to hear back from them. Have been complete since 7/17

I emailed them asking if I could possibly substitute a DO LOR in place of the non-science faculty letter. They just emailed me back and neither confirmed nor denied I could do this :S First their email said they encouraged students to meet the established guidelines. In the next paragraph they said to submit my letters for consideration. So can I apply with my letters.. or do I need to write essays and pay a secondary fee and hope that they'll accept them? Guess I'll call them on Monday and ask for clarification.

Every other school has either said yes or no to my question regarding LORs.

Did you ever get an answer on this? I am in the same boat with no non-science letter.

Has anyone heard back about IIs? Been complete since the beginning of July.

I got an email for a site visit as a candidate for early interview. The email confirming the TBD early interview date came a few days later.

I also received the early interview email in late June. I submitted my secondary in July 15th and my committee letter was finally uploaded on August 1st.

When did you have all you stuff uploaded to receive an early interview date ?

I also received the early interview email in late June. I submitted my secondary in July 15th and my committee letter was finally uploaded on August 1st.

When did you have all you stuff uploaded to receive an early interview date ?
Can you please elaborate on what an early interview is? I also had everything submitted at the beginning of July but I sadly haven't received an interview...

Submitted my primary for NYCOM later than expected :oops:

Can you please elaborate on what an early interview is? I also had everything submitted at the beginning of July but I sadly haven't received an interview...

NYITCOM has special programs with local colleges, such as Hunter College. One of the programs they have with Hunter is the "early assurance interview program".

Basically if youre a student at one of the schools in connection with nyitcom and qualify for the program then you would have received an early interview email.

I submitted my secondary and haven't been invited for an interview yet

Tomorrow could be the day for the first wave of IIs, last year's thread had people posting Aug 11th! Good luck everybody!

II just now for the Arkansas campus.

Reactions: 6 users
II for Arkansas location.

OOS

cGPA 3.56
sGPA 3.34
MCAT 505

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Received an II today, NY location.

Reactions: 3 users
Same haha. Let me know what day you decide to go. It would be cool to know someone on the same day.

+1 to this, haven't called them yet because I was at work when I got the email so I'm planning on calling tomorrow.

Haha, yeah I'll let you both know. If you guys do it earlier, let me know as well. We should start a group message, probably be easier for us.

II today for Old Westbury campus! Does anyone know the interview format for NYITCOM?

Reactions: 1 users
For those who got interviews, when were you complete/when did you send in your secondary

Submitted secondary 6/8. Received complete email 6/28. Received "primary application received" email on 6/30 (very strange, yes I know). Received II today.

All communication was made via email.

Reactions: 1 users
Applying to DO with 516? Say no more!!! Congrats!!!
Complete 7/3 IS, nothing yet... I will be thrilleddddd if i get an II from NYCOM!!!

Thank you for your kind words. My application this cycle is mostly MD, but I applied to 5-ish D.O. schools around my region just in case. My transcript isn't the prettiest. It has quite a number of C's and W's.

Last year they sent out another wave of IIs the very next day, so maybe there will be more coming soon

Also, I sent my secondary in after the 10 day mark, still got an II.

Last edited: