2017-2018 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYIT-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got interview invite today. It has to be scheduled by phone. OOS

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Really hope they keep sending out IIs, they're my #2 school and would love to go here!

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my secondary later than I wanted, but finally complete at my number one DO choice! :highfive:

Reactions: 1 users
I also received the early interview email in late June. I submitted my secondary in July 15th and my committee letter was finally uploaded on August 1st.

When did you have all you stuff uploaded to receive an early interview date ?
Both secondary submitted and invite received in late June.

Does this school send complete emails? They don't really have a portal or any other way to check on your app :confused:

Anyone know when the second wave of IIs will start? I was complete back in the middle of July and would love to hear from them

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, got my II today! Secondary submitted 8/9, complete 8/10. They actually called me earlier today to ask about my Physics II completion (will be taking at a community college this fall), then I got the email a couple hours later. The very first interview slot days were still open.

NY campus btw

Last edited:
II today for NY campus, good luck everyone!

Hey guys, got my II today! Secondary submitted 8/9, complete 8/10. They actually called me earlier today to ask about my Physics II completion (will be taking at a community college this fall), then I got the email a couple hours later. The very first interview slot days were still open.

NY campus btw
Dam your a beast... was complete 7/28 still nothing!

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted secondary july 10th and still haven't heard anything back... Kind of freaking out as to what's happening...

I have an interview but if I interview at the Arkansas campus does that mean I'm unable to interview/switch (if accepted) to NY campus

no love from my IS school. Give me some love NYITCOM

complete 8/11, II today, 504, 3.7, NonTrad

Last edited:
Hey guys, is this Friday, August 25th the first interview cycle for Jonesboro???. I am undecided between this Friday, or wait until September 15th????. Florida resident.

Does anyone know if during your 3rd and 4th year clinical rotations you can do them at either location? Like if you're in AR Campus you can choose a NY hospital rotation?

II for 09/15!

sgpa 3.33, cgpa 3.52, Mcat 503.

Anyone interviewing this Friday August, 25th in Jonesboro????

Got my II today, in Jonesboro. It's only a few hours away so I scheduled it for Friday(8/25). 3.42 cGPA 3.33 sGPA 509 MCAT. Anyone know what the facilities are like...I couldnt find much about their AR Campus. Also anyone have a clue how long it takes to hear back?

Got my II today, in Jonesboro. It's only a few hours away so I scheduled it for Friday(8/25). 3.42 cGPA 3.33 sGPA 509 MCAT. Anyone know what the facilities are like...I couldnt find much about their AR Campus. Also anyone have a clue how long it takes to hear back?
See you there.....according to last year posts, You should be hearing back between 3 to 8 weeks..... if you know how are the Interviews, please share....

See you there.....according to last year posts, You should be hearing back between 3 to 8 weeks..... if you know how are the Interviews, please share....
I heard its relatively chill. I texted my friend who interviewed there so I should have more info later. I wish they had more information on the AR campus online...

I have been complete since 6/28 and still haven't heard anything. Super frustrating.

I have been complete since 6/28 and still haven't heard anything. Super frustrating.
Im not sure which campus you applied to. NYITCOM just had their white coat ceremony today, so probably thats why. I think more II's will be arriving soon.

update, one of my undergrad classmates told me that this was their easiest interview. Goodluck to everyone!

Hey everyone,

2nd year student at the Arkansas campus here. If you have any questions feel free to ask or direct message me. Happy to help answer any questions or concerns.

Hey everyone,

2nd year student at the Arkansas campus here. If you have any questions feel free to ask or direct message me. Happy to help answer any questions or concerns.
How is the Interview, and who the interviewers are, plus what are your recommendations????? thanks

Hi everyone! Is anyone interviewing tomorrow and is coming from Manhattan?

So I think I missed the hard 10-day rule. I thought I had to wait until my primary was complete (which it was today) but I received the secondary about 12 days ago. Am I screwed or should I still complete?

So I think I missed the hard 10-day rule. I thought I had to wait until my primary was complete (which it was today) but I received the secondary about 12 days ago. Am I screwed or should I still complete?

It's not a hard requirement as far as I know, but rather a suggestion. I recall someone getting an II after submitting >10 days.

I received the II a month after I submitted the Secondary....

I submitted my secondary >10 days after the 10 day suggestion. I emailed them, and they said that it is recommended, but they will still consider my app if submitted after 10 days. I got an II as well, so don't stress it. Just get it in as soon as you can and focus on quality.

I never got a complete email, so I just called them and they confirmed that they have all of my application materials! Just wanted to throw it out on here in case anyone else didn't get a complete email and wasn't sure what that meant.