2021-2022 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM-Jonesboro)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted off the waitlist. Interviewed 3/1 waitlisted 3/15. Not sure if I’ll accept the seat or not

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WL movement starting early this year! Hoping for some more As

Reactions: 1 users
Did you send in a letter of intent? What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking?
No I didn’t send a letter of intent I didn’t think I had much of a chance at NYITCOM and assumed my cycle was over and was just glad to get into WCUCOM. I had a 509 MCAT sub 3.0 but above 2.95 cGPA. ECs pretty standard other than I’ve been published a couple times but only as the 2nd author. Honesty kinda surprised to be one of the first at the JB campus to be pulled of the WL considering I was complete late October and didn’t hear anything until March.

Reactions: 1 user
No I didn’t send a letter of intent I didn’t think I had much of a chance at NYITCOM and assumed my cycle was over and was just glad to get into WCUCOM. I had a 509 MCAT sub 3.0 but above 2.95 cGPA. ECs pretty standard other than I’ve been published a couple times but only as the 2nd author. Honesty kinda surprised to be one of the first at the JB campus to be pulled of the WL considering I was complete late October and didn’t hear anything until March.
Huge congratulations, you deserve it! I live where Carey is at, so if you have any questions about the area I’m happy to answer :)

I see so many declined their acceptances here, but I don't see anyone getting off of the waitlists. Has anyone gotten off yet, or when will there be movement?

got another waitlist confirmation email. really thought it was an acceptance LOL

got another waitlist confirmation email. really thought it was an acceptance LOL
They really gotta stop playing with our feelings!! 😅 but at least we know we'll be hearing back from them very soon!!!

have they send multiple waitlist confirmations in the past? when I browsed through previous years threads, I did not see a comment saying that they have.

have they send multiple waitlist confirmations in the past? when I browsed through previous years threads, I did not see a comment saying that they have.
I saw in the 2021 OW thread that someone got a waitlist confirmation in May last year. Idk about JB but maybe we'll hear back earlier this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
now that there is waitlist movement, how often does the admissions committee meet up to take people off the waitlist?

Same, interviewed 4/11. Does anyone know if there has been any waitlist movement?
The email they sent out a bit ago said there is waitlist movement. I am assuming those that are getting off the waitlist are either not reporting it here or do not use sdn. So it is still difficult to see how large or small the movement is.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an email for their Master's program and it scared tf out of me lol

Just got an email for their Master's program and it scared tf out of me lol
same. I started screaming because I saw the words "NYITCOM" and "admissions" in the email body

• Haha
it says in the email that the "...Admissions Comittee has selected you to receive this unique offer to apply to the NYITCOM M.S in Biomedical Sciences Program". I didn't know the committee selects who they send that specific email to. Does that mean you are less likely to get off the waitlist?

• Care
Did anybody just get an invitation to apply to their masters program? Does
same. I started screaming because I saw the words "NYITCOM" and "admissions" in the email body
I am shaking 😭😭😭 now I’m wondering if getting off the waitlist is still a possibility?

• Care
it says in the email that the "...Admissions Comittee has selected you to receive this unique offer to apply to the NYITCOM M.S in Biomedical Sciences Program". I didn't know the committee selects who they send that specific email to. Does that mean you are less likely to get off the waitlist?
That's a good question. I don't think so the way I read it was we are selected for this offer bc we ARE on the waitlist. And they did mention that it's unranked. I'm guessing they probably sent it to the majority on the waitlist as a way to narrow down people on the waitlist?

That's a good question. I don't think so the way I read it was we are selected for this offer bc we ARE on the waitlist. And they did mention that it's unranked. I'm guessing they probably sent it to the majority on the waitlist as a way to narrow down people on the waitlist?
I was thinking that too which seems kind of cruel to me. Because last year people who got that email got pulled off the waitlist. Also if they were truly being selective with it then it should go to students whose main weakness is their GPA, not people who have already gone tens of thousands of dollars in debt for a master's program where they did well.

Reactions: 2 users
I was thinking that too which seems kind of cruel to me. Because last year people who got that email got pulled off the waitlist. Also if they were truly being selective with it then it should go to students whose main weakness is their GPA, not people who have already gone tens of thousands of dollars in debt for a master's program where they did well.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying! It's truly a money grab for people getting sick of being on the WL. I'm not falling for it though, but I'd consider it if I hear nothing back closer to Aug

Yeah, that's what I'm saying! It's truly a money grab for people getting sick of being on the WL. I'm not falling for it, though, but I'd consider it if I hear nothing back closer to Aug
Yea, I understand doing the program, but only if you have not done one of the theses SMP. I did one, and it helped me get in, but my GPA in undergrad was sub 3.0, so it made sense. Even if you had good grades, they would be beneficial because they mimic medical school classes. But to those who have already done a program like this it makes no sense to do another one of these programs especially when you have a good GPA.

Exactly I already have a master’s degree to improve my GPA I’m not doing another. It like either tell me if I’m still on the waitlist or reject me.

Yea, I understand doing the program, but only if you have not done one of the theses SMP. I did one, and it helped me get in, but my GPA in undergrad was sub 3.0, so it made sense. Even if you had good grades, they would be beneficial because they mimic medical school classes. But to those who have already done a program like this it makes no sense to do another one of these programs especially when you have a good GPA.
Exactly I’m in a similar boat

The email they sent out a bit ago said there is waitlist movement. I am assuming those that are getting off the waitlist are either not reporting it here or do not use sdn. So it is still difficult to see how large or small the movement is.
I looked at the class of 2026 facebook page there are only 82 members and they said the class size is 125 even if 10-20 people arent on the page there still are most likely some slots. So fingers crossed

Last edited:
Just wanting to see some WL movement!! The LI campus had some movement

Reactions: 2 users
Hoping to see movement in the waitlist very soon! We got this WAITLISTERS!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Well, let's hope we see movement in the waitlist this week!

Very silent… maybe they will take the three day weekend to make decisions and acceptances will be sent out Tuesday?

Withdrew my A, hopefully some movement starts for you all!

Reactions: 4 users
Do y’all think they already sent A’s this month and no one reported it in this thread, or will they send masses of A’s in June?

Do y’all think they already sent A’s this month and no one reported it in this thread, or will they send masses of A’s in June?
I dont this there has been any more this month the facebook group has be at round 85 people since the 11th