2017-2018 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYIT-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed here on 10/20 and they said it will be a few weeks before we hear back. Said they have only sent one round of acceptances if I remember hearing correctly.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh btw, I would say either don't use the address mentioned in the email (just put NYIT COM into Gmaps or something), or get there at least 15 min early if you still wanna risk it (probs do both lol). The address they gave led me to this random middle school or something 10 min away from the actual med school campus and I ended up being late to check in (got there literally in the last 5 min before they had the welcome presentation, and no one needs that stress haha).
This happened to roughly 50% of our class (myself included haha), I think the admins just keep the error in there to mess around with interviewees.

This happened to roughly 50% of our class (myself included haha), I think the admins just keep the error in there to mess around with interviewees.

do you have any tips on where to find the correct address? lol

do you have any tips on where to find the correct address? lol

The address that they give to you in the interview email thread will take you right to the building. I just plugged that address into "maps" on my iPhone and took me right to the med school.

Has anyone who interviewed as the Jonesboro campus on 9/29 hear back yet?
I got an acceptance email this past Friday. But i know a couple people from our interview group got an acceptance a week before me, so dont stress too much. They said they don’t review the files in chronological order.

I got an acceptance email this past Friday. But i know a couple people from our interview group got an acceptance a week before me, so dont stress too much. They said they don’t review the files in chronological order.

Congrats! Do you remember hearing when the adcom meets?

Members don't see this ad :)
Could anyone who recently got II tell us which dates were available (ex. none left for November, available dates around mid-December)? Thanks in advance!

Could anyone who recently got II tell us which dates were available (ex. none left for November, available dates around mid-December)? Thanks in advance!
I got one two weeks ago and they scheduled me for late October

Reactions: 1 user
I saw that NYITCOM has a DO/MBA program- is it dual degree program because there isn't any info about a combined program on their website? If anyone has a link or more info about this program, please PM me. Thanks!

I got an II Monday and they only had 11/1 and 11/3 available.

Anyone complete in early July still waiting for an II?

Reactions: 5 users
Thanks for the info! Congrats and good luck on your interview!!!
Thank you!! Hope you get an invite soon! Btw I forgot to mention, my II was for Old Westbury in case you were wondering!

Hi, I'm interviewing November 3rd at Jonesboro. I was wondering if someone could provide me any info on the types of questions asked, interview style, and what knowledge we are expected to have about the school and location. Thanks so much! Super nervous but excited! :)

Hi, I'm interviewing November 3rd at Jonesboro. I was wondering if someone could provide me any info on the types of questions asked, interview style, and what knowledge we are expected to have about the school and location. Thanks so much! Super nervous but excited! :)
I'm interviewing 11/3 at the Old Westbury campus! I have been reading the interview section on their SDN page where people have posted their interview questions, and so far it's been really helpful. Good luck on your interview!

Does anyone know what the acceptance rate is after the interview?

Interviewed 9/6 and accepted! So excited! See you guys at orientation:)

Reactions: 4 users
This is a total wild guess... but do you guys think that they are waiting until all October interviews are completed to start reviewing them? Its interesting that they keep only sending September out and haven't started with Oct 3rd.

I think that could be the case! Did they tell you at your interview when they would get back? They told us at the beginning of Sept. they'd tell us in October, so maybe they review them monthly?

I think that could be the case! Did they tell you at your interview when they would get back? They told us at the beginning of Sept. they'd tell us in October, so maybe they review them monthly?
Maybe, at my interview they didn't say anything. They told us they "couldn't give us a timeline of when we would hear back" But they might do monthly chunks and review those weekly (still we shall see what happens)

Hey guys,
Too late to apply? I have some interviews already but thought would try here. c3.52 s3.2 504 TX resident, non trad. Trying for NY campus

For those of you have interviewed at Old Westbury, how did you get contact information for your interviewers for thank you letters?

For those of you have interviewed at Old Westbury, how did you get contact information for your interviewers for thank you letters?
Mine gave me his card. Also, you can email the admissions office afterward and they'll give you the interviewer's email

Anyone a current medical student at NYITCOM? Have a couple of questions in mind that I'd like to ask current students.

Looks like Kazill is an OW student, and I am here in Jonesboro. I am sure general NYITCOM questions can be handled by both of us, and specific questions about locations can be handled by us independently!

As I said before, feel free to reach out - there’s a reason we got back on here!