2017-2018 Indiana University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't want to be sour about this because I got one of my top 3 choices for campus assignment, but I wish there was a way to do a second round of campus assignment after all those students who are withdrawing due to campus assignment leave. I know the sample size and transparency of this website isn't perfect but it seems as though many of those people that were on the fence leave after they receive the campus assignment. For those of us that decided to attend no matter what campus they got (and those on the waitlist), I feel we would be better served with a second round where you could move up in your campus rank list if there is an open spot later on.

Whatever, I got a campus I am happy with. But on another note, transparent stats for each campus would be great - although I suppose then the lowest scoring campuses would be stuck with a bunch of unhappy students for the most part. IU seems to have dug themselves a weird hole to get out of with the number of campuses they have. Maybe they will eventually have to consolidate.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if this has already been talked about, but just wanted to know:
I haven't heard anything back from IUSM since my interview in November and I have a LizzyM 69 and am IS. I also sent in an update letter in February. I did not receive an alternate list notification and to be honest, I'm pretty shocked and confused. Am I going to be rejected for sure?
I’m in the same boat. I have a theory that because the alternate list was made so early compared to previous years, they may have made half now and will make the other half in the coming weeks. Or sadly, the list has been made and we will indeed be rejected. Pretty disappointing to be honest. Had good stats and was in state

Is it just me or is it hard to find the match list? I can't seem to find it. Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

1. Is it just me or is it hard to find the match list? I can't seem to find it. Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

Interviewed in January and currently under consideration. I just spoke to admissions. They said my file hasn’t been reviewed by the committee yet.. uhmm . And that even though an alternate list was sent out last week and I didn’t get one, it doesn’t mean I will be receiving a rejection. It only means that no decision has been made. And I also asked if another alternate list will be sent out and they said possibly but it’s really at the discretion of the committee.

Is it just me or is it hard to find the match list? I can't seem to find it. Sorry if this has been mentioned before.
s
I’m in the same boat. I have a theory that because the alternate list was made so early compared to previous years, they may have made half now and will make the other half in the coming weeks. Or sadly, the list has been made and we will indeed be rejected. Pretty disappointing to be honest. Had good stats and was in state

Lol I meant to respond to you. See above.

1. Interviewed in January and currently under consideration. I just spoke to admissions. They said my file hasn’t been reviewed by the committee yet.. uhmm . And that even though an alternate list was sent out last week and I didn’t get one, it doesn’t mean I will be receiving a rejection. It only means that no decision has been made. And I also asked if another alternate list will be sent out and they said possibly but it’s really at the discretion of the committee.
Wow! Can’t believe you were able to get that info out of them. Great news!

They told us in the fb group that it’s a private internal document that they prefer not to release.

Wow! Can’t believe you were able to get that info out of them. Great news!
Eh not really.
I just talked to them on the phone and it was kind of a weird conversation. They basically said all decisions (except for waitlist) will be sent at either the end of this week or next. As much as I hope there will be another round of waitlists, it didn't sound like there would be from my conversation on the phone today. Feeling pretty down rn tbh. Good luck guiz

Reactions: 2 users
Withdraw my acceptance. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Eh not really.
I just talked to them on the phone and it was kind of a weird conversation. They basically said all decisions (except for waitlist) will be sent at either the end of this week or next. As much as I hope there will be another round of waitlists, it didn't sound like there would be from my conversation on the phone today. Feeling pretty down rn tbh. Good luck guiz
So there’s no more waiting until the 15th? And if acceptances are still going out than don’t lose hope. It’s going to be a simple rejection or an acceptance from here on out, correct?

So there’s no more waiting until the 15th? And if acceptances are still going out than don’t lose hope. It’s going to be a simple rejection or an acceptance from here on out, correct?
Yeah there's no more waiting for the 15th or anything. I might be wrong but I haven't seen a single May acceptance in previous years' threads. Also while people say its possible to get an acceptance after April but also not be on the waitlist, I have yet to see that happen. We fkd m8

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah there's no more waiting for the 15th or anything. I might be wrong but I haven't seen a single May acceptance in previous years' threads. Also while people say its possible to get an acceptance after April but also not be on the waitlist, I have yet to see that happen. We fkd m8
Yeah hoping for the best, expecting the worst

When is this school gonna send rejections just do it if you’re gonna do it for god sakes

Reactions: 4 users
When is this school gonna send rejections just do it if you’re gonna do it for god sakes
Lmao I've been expecting a rejection for weeks now. They need to just fade me already

Withdrew today. Hope one of you little sprouts gets the spot.

I called the admissions office last week and asked them about the status of my application since it has been "Under Consideration" since October. They told me that the committee has not looked at my application yet. WTF. I'm confused and a bit upset by this.

I called the admissions office last week and asked them about the status of my application since it has been "Under Consideration" since October. They told me that the committee has not looked at my application yet. WTF. I'm confused and a bit upset by this.
So it’s all rejections at this point? I am in the same boat.

I honestly don’t think they even know what the hell is going on

None of this makes sense. I'm starting to dislike this school quite a bit.
We’re all just AMCAS ID numbers in a system, they don’t give a **** about us

too much disrespect for applicants in my opinion. We paid an application fee for Christs sake..:rage::rage:

I interviewed here long ago...I paid for my flight, hotel, and Uber from the airport. Why not show some respect by letting us know our status. A simple rejection email will suffice for us all. I am sick and tired of this "Under Consideration" jargon. C'mon now.

What have your experiences been with EDP? I'm applying this cycle (IS) and don't know if EDP is the best for me. GPA is 3.68, sGPA 3.62, MCAT probably around 510 (havent gotten score back yet). Have above average ECs. Any opinions and help is appreciated.

What have your experiences been with EDP? I'm applying this cycle (IS) and don't know if EDP is the best for me. GPA is 3.68, sGPA 3.62, MCAT probably around 510 (havent gotten score back yet). Have above average ECs. Any opinions and help is appreciated.

The answer to all of your specific questions you may have about admissions processes are best answered by the actual program. People on SDN may or may not have the answer, but your first go to is the admissions office. They can advice you about hard cutoffs and other things.

Also consider that admissions criteria change. What people have gone through and what is reflected on the university website may not be valid anymore.

If you qualify for EDP and you apply for it, you are basically guaranteed acceptance, so go for it if you have the stats

Requirements: 3.6 cumulative and science GPAs, 509 MCAT. Meeting the requirements does not guarantee admission. With that GPA you’re still slightly below their median. Wait until you get your MCAT then weigh your options. EDP is a risk - you can only apply to one school. If you’re accepted, then that is where you must go. If you’re rejected, you can send out more primary applications, but you’ll be sending them out near the end of the application cycle. Just be careful and think deeply on this.

I was told that last year only 3 who applied EDP and met the requirements were not accepted EDP and of those 3 they were sent to the regular pool then accepted

Unfortunately, I think EDP requires a 3.7 GPA and a 509 MCAT to qualify to apply.

I'm gonna suggest what David said to himself when Goliath stepped forward and beat his big hairy-a-- chest: "What the hell, might as well try it...". Your logo-guy looks very capable. Good luck. We're pullin' for you.

Does anyone know if they would be lenient and let me apply to EDP with a 508 MCAT?
No, they would not. I’ve asked an admissions advisor about this and said those are strict parameters. Even if you had a 3.59 you would not be allowed to do EDP

Anyone want to play a game of when those of us not on the waitlist will get that hard R?
My money is on May 25th since that is the last Friday before June. Either that or never

Absolutely hate this admissions office. Nothing like calling and getting the most nothing answers out of a human robot. No transparency whatsoever

Just got on the portal and saw I got rejected. Not a fan of the rural medicine interview day. Never got the other interview I was promised for regular admissions decisions.

Just got on the portal and saw I got rejected. Not a fan of the rural medicine interview day. Never got the other interview I was promised for regular admissions decisions.
Same just got rejected. MUCOM here I come!

Edit: Just to clarify, I think I would have picked MUCOM over IU anyway being the different campus locations of IU and the general sense that IU does not care whatsoever

Last edited:
Yup, just rejected a couple minutes a ago. Finally put me out of my misery. How considerate of them to wait until the last minute..

Rejected and was actually expecting this. Now hoping i get pulled of my waitlists. Goodluck to the res of u waiting.

Rejected as well. Honestly relieved to finally hear something.
Same here; however, they should return the "graduate fee" in compensation for our time and rejection. The admission's team sucks and I wouldn't even attempt re-applying here tbh

Reactions: 6 users
Wasn't impressed at my interview, was even less impressed with the way they handled things post interview. Good luck to those who got in though, but I think if they care about what people say on here and want to improve the way they handle interviews, time lines, and transparency, they should listen and learn from their mistakes.

Just withdrew my waitlist position at this school. I receive an acceptance to MU-COM, and I've decided I wanted to attend there even if I received an acceptance from IUSM! Good luck everyone else!

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my waitlist position at this school. I receive an acceptance to MU-COM, and I've decided I wanted to attend there even if I received an acceptance from IUSM! Good luck everyone else!

Congratulations and best of luck to you!