2017-2018 Eastern Virginia Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you all start hearing back? I submitted amcas late June and was verified like two weeks ago, and this is one of the few schools I haven't heard anything from at all. Just wondering!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
WAMC seem like they are for a broad perspective on school lists. He asked about other applicants opinion on this specific school.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I am looking for advice specific to the school. To his defense, though, i was posting like the exact same thing on basically every school's thread im applying to, so i was blowing up his/her (and many others i am now aware) notifications. Any school specific advice would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected just now, pre-secondary. Good luck everyone!

For anyone else on a quarter system, what does it mean by "IF YOU HAVE TAKEN A ONE-QUARTER LAB, you may repeat this course to move through the application"? And the lab requirements seem a bit unclear to me, since there are 3 options in the drop-down for lab semesters. My school doesn't even offer 3 gen chem labs...

What are your stats ,if you do not mind and also IS or OSS?
Don't worry about what other people's applications look like. You do you. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone that has submitted their secondary, have you guys been marked complete yet? I submitted on the 15th, but I'm still waiting on my app to be marked complete.

Submitted my secondary over a week ago and still have yet to receive the "complete" notification.

That's strange, for those that haven't been marked complete, I submitted yesterday and was marked complete today.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those of you who are in-state applicants will not receive the 'complete' email until they verify your residency status. Your files are still being reviewed in the order arrived regardless.

Reactions: 1 users
For the colleges attended section, do I need to put the community college I took a summer course at?

Also it says you need Organic chemistry I and II labs. I only took one Orgo lab because at my school the Orgo I lab covered topics normally found in a year's worth of orgo at other institutions. The orgo II lab was primarily for chem majors. Am I screwed? Do they even check for this in the pre-screen?

Last edited:
Also it says you need Organic chemistry I and II labs. I only took one Orgo lab because at my school the Orgo I lab covered topics normally found in a year's worth of orgo at other institutions. The orgo II lab was primarily for chem majors. Am I screwed? Do they even check for this in the pre-screen?
I have a similar situation with my prereqs! If anyone has any advice or experience with how to proceed that would be much appreciated :)

Might try to call them tomorrow if I have a chance since I can't move forward in the app without entering anything...

Edit: I called this morning, and I was told they know about my school's courses. They instructed to just repeat courses as need be to move through the app, and put 0 credits for the courses I repeat.

Last edited:
Those of you who are in-state applicants will not receive the 'complete' email until they verify your residency status. Your files are still being reviewed in the order arrived regardless.
How do they verify our residency status?

After you guys got the application complete email how long did it take you to hear about an II??

Finally got my complete email! Guess it takes about 1.5 weeks to process.

If I got a C- in one of my prereq courses, can I apply here? Their website said "Applicants must have grades of C or better in all required courses."

Secondary received. Seems like uGPA is important here.

If I got a C- in one of my prereq courses, can I apply here? Their website said "Applicants must have grades of C or better in all required courses."
I would think they consider a C- less than a C but that would be a question the school can answer for you :) you never know!

Just received an II. First one, so that is pretty exciting. I am OOS with LizzyM 72. I really wish everyone here the best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Any IS applicants getting II's?

Anyone know the word/character count? It doesn't say on their application portal or in their email. I am a little over 2,000 characters w/ spaces on some of the essays, but when I save it nothing gets cut off. So am I good to go?

II today!!
Complete mid July, mcat 518, gpa 3.9+, traditional student

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if they are receptive to more than 3 LORs? I haven't done a graduate program, but I have been working full-time since graduating from undergrad and wondering if I should submit a letter from my supervisor

II invite here! Yay! OOS 3.9/515 complete mid July.

Reactions: 4 users
II as well! OOS and complete around mid July. S/o those who helped me with this secondary

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to everyone with interviews! I do have a question though, if i submitted my secondary a month ago (7/17), but haven't received a complete email, should I call? I don't know if its relevant, but I'm IS and had to email residency proof docs too.

Ahh!! II! IS LM 69. Submitted my secondary the last week of July and was complete (with all the in-state stuff) the first week of August!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to everyone with interviews! I do have a question though, if i submitted my secondary a month ago (7/17), but haven't received a complete email, should I call? I don't know if its relevant, but I'm IS and had to email residency proof docs too.

It wouldn't hurt to! Go for it.

Anyone know if there are any 9/15 slots remaining?

Hi everyone, I had a really quick question, if someone doesn't mind answering. I was pretty much being a bumbling idiot and didn't realize that there was a "must submit in 30 days" kind of spiel for this school. It'd be the 31st day today for me today, do you think it'd still be worth submitting my application? Thanks!

T
I would call and see. Just make sure that whatever day you select is definitely okay for you because they don't reschedule interviews.

That was my plan for the morning lol. I was going to when I got off work but realized the two hour time change meant the office was closed.

Hi everyone, I had a really quick question, if someone doesn't mind answering. I was pretty much being a bumbling idiot and didn't realize that there was a "must submit in 30 days" kind of spiel for this school. It'd be the 31st day today for me today, do you think it'd still be worth submitting my application? Thanks!

Submit.