2021-2022 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew my A from here. I hope it goes to one of you guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
Just withdrew my A from here. I hope it goes to one of you guys!
Just got WL today so I hope so too! I got emailed this morning and just saw it, super surprising. Not sure what tier yet though since I just barely asked.

Members don't see this ad :)
II about an hour ago! OOS

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
How long did everyone have to wait after the 4 week post interview mark?

Waitlisted today. Interviewed 2/9

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
WL movement not going to be until April we thinking?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those WL, how long did it take admissions to reply and tell you your tier?

Got WL here but in the top tier, which is surprising bc I felt like my interview went terribly. My interviewer was drilling me with the questions but also with hellaaaaa specific follow up questions, I felt so intimidated. Cautiously optimistic about this one now, considering like >50% of the class comes from the waitlist.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Withdrew my invite, hopefully it goes to one of you guys, good luck everyone!

Got WL here but in the top tier, which is surprising bc I felt like my interview went terribly. My interviewer was drilling me with the questions but also with hellaaaaa specific follow up questions, I felt so intimidated. Cautiously optimistic about this one now, considering like >50% of the class comes from the waitlist.

Hoo boy if that isn't painfully relatable. I had a similar experience and didn't recover. Fingers crossed for WL movement.

Last edited:
Same boat here, though I’ve been waiting since the beginning of December from the “top tier.” In-state really does get less movement from the WL unfortunately… Best of luck for the both of us as we approach May 🤞

• Care
Just withdrew my acceptance here. IS, so hopefully one y'all fellow Virginians gets it and the IS WL can get moving! :)

• Care
  • Love
Does anybody know when EVMS stops interviewing? I see multiple people withdrawing their As but with little WL movement - I'm assuming they're waiting until they've finished interviewing or something.

Does anybody know when EVMS stops interviewing? I see multiple people withdrawing their As but with little WL movement - I'm assuming they're waiting until they've finished interviewing or something.
Monday, April 1 is the last interview day

Does anyone know how long EVMS takes to make a decision/when the next wave of decisions is?

Here we go again with the Title IX jump scare emails 🥲

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 6 users
My second "EVMS Title IX Notice" email of the cycle. Well, alrighty then lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Bruh why they sending these title 9 emails just reject me already!!

Reactions: 2 users
That damn title IX - getting my hopes up

Does anyone know approximately the percent of people who were accepted from the top tier waitlist?

I'd like to give a shoutout to EVMS for being the first school to reject me this cycle (and it was pre-secondary too) by sending me not one, but TWO rejection emails in the course of 2 days.

Fast forward 4 months, and they send me the title IX email. Good job, EVMS.
update: got another title IX email! kudos to EVMS though, they may have rejected me 7 months ago but they're still doing more to help me with title IX than my current institution

Does the title IX email imply this school has issues or that theyre being sensitive? I dont want to take it the wrong way - anyone have insight into what I should think about this?

I'm on the waitlist but did not receive the title IX email.

Is it still possible to get an interview here?

Someone tell me if I'm ridiculous for proposing this, but what do ya'll think about potentially starting a WL thread for Virginians applying to Virginia schools? IS movement tends to not be as active as OOS, but I feel like this can have some value for some of us since the IS and OOS waitlists seem to be independent of each other?

Reactions: 3 users
Someone tell me if I'm ridiculous for proposing this, but what do ya'll think about potentially starting a WL thread for Virginians applying to Virginia schools? IS movement tends to not be as active as OOS, but I feel like this can have some value for some of us since the IS and OOS waitlists seem to be independent of each other?

I'd be game - might be a useful distraction and may be helpful to people applying in future years who end up in a similar situation.

To those of you who have interviewed, were any of you admitted without attending the Zoom session? I received an II this month and am not able to make any of the Wednesday sessions remaining this month.

To those of you who have interviewed, were any of you admitted without attending the Zoom session? I received an II this month and am not able to make any of the Wednesday sessions remaining this month.
Try to make the time, surely you can miss one class or afternoon of work

Hi friends! Idk if I'm allowed to advertise like, but please slap me on the wrist if I'm being problematic. I have started a thread for people on Virginia MD waitlists. I think we can help each other gauge overall in-state movement if we work together!

WL today! Surprised they got back so quick- interviewed 3/11, emailed to ask tier