2017-2018 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My application portal has said "Your application is ready" since 8/8 and I've heard nothing. Killing meeeeeeeeeeee.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Welp- Just got my rejection today, about an hour ago

got an II today! Complete 8/15 OOS

Reactions: 6 users
For those who received II's today, what were the available dates for interviews?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My application portal has said "Your application is ready" since 8/8 and I've heard nothing. Killing meeeeeeeeeeee.
I was waitlisted last year but did not get off the list. I reapplied July 3 this year and haven’t even gotten an interview this time yet. This whole process is a crapshoot. There is no rhyme or reason. It’s mind boggling.

I was waitlisted last year but did not get off the list. I reapplied July 3 this year and haven’t even gotten an interview this time yet. This whole process is a crapshoot. There is no rhyme or reason. It’s mind boggling.

Reapplicants are treated differently though.

Withdrawing my II after receiving one for my top choice today. Hope one of you gets my spot, good luck y'all.

Reactions: 5 users
Hmmm.. Did they send you an email about the deferral? I haven't heard anything from them and am starting to worry!
Yea it was an email. Honestly, no news is better than bad news, so if I were you just remain optimistic.

Reeeeeeejected! Oh well - Best of luck to the rest of ya'll waiting to hear back :)

Accepted, 9/20 interview!!!

Reactions: 16 users
Just got the hold email! Honestly surprised I wasn't just outright rejected

On hold. I guess they've sent a number of rejections, so it beats a rejection?

anyone know how long it takes them to look at the applicants on hold

I browsed last years thread briefly and it seemed like most people on hold didn't end up getting II. I saw one random person who was put on hold and then got an interview around Feb. though

On hold...(edit so everyone doesn’t get mad)

Last edited:
Received II today but will be withdrawing.

Reactions: 5 users
On hold...the disrespect from a school that's on the bottom of rankings. SMFH shouldn't have even wasted money applying here. Rants over.
if ur too good whyd u even apply? It’s a US MD school with a good history and obviously they probably think that u are not good enough so they put u on hold and are looking for better. OR if ur gods gift to medicine like you claim, they’re practicing yield protection bc you won’t go anyway. In that case they’re feasting on ur 100 bucks for applying like a fool. they’ve accepted a bunch of high stat applicants already so it’s probably you not them. ****

Reactions: 12 users
Jeez tough crowd ...everyone get their panties out of a bunch. It was a joke and a moment of frustration. Obviously I would’ve loved to go there or I wouldn’t have applied. Clearly competitive process and humor doesn’t seem to go a long way here!

Reactions: 2 users
Jeez tough crowd ...everyone get their panties out of a bunch. It was a joke and a moment of frustration. Obviously I would’ve loved to go there or I wouldn’t have applied. Clearly competitive process and humor doesn’t seem to go a long way here!
Damn.... That was probably the worst joke I've ever heard

Reactions: 9 users
Understandable. Have a nice day.

Damn.... That was probably the worst joke I've ever heard
Good thing I’m not auditioning for last comic standing but applying to med school. Everyone so quick to come at someone who’s obviously upset...empathy a great tool for medicine. Sorry for upsetting anyone with my post just venting..I edited it.

Empathy is a great tool for medicine, you’re right. So are resiliency to rejections, as well as respect for each other (and their school choices). Like you said it’s a competitive process, so it’s probably not wise to undermine what could be someone else’s dream school.

Sorry about the rejection, hope you’re getting better luck elsewhere :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 9 users