2017-2018 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lucca

Will Walk Rope for Sandwich
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We're interested in knowing more about you than can be understood from your AMCAS application. We have two essays, the first one is required, the second one is optional, which will help us to get to know you.

1) We at Drexel University College of Medicine have a rich history and a valued mission. Each individual contributes to, supports and enriches our community. Please share with us how you plan on contributing to our College (200 words maximum)

Optional:
2) What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? Please use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application. (200 words maximum)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey applicants! I am a rising MS2 and will gladly answer any questions you may have.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do tehy pre screen secondaries? Also, how was the interview like?

No, they don't pre-screen.

Interview day was pretty chill. Had presentations on the school, faculty interview, lunch with students and tour of school, and then we got to sit in on a class. But with the new curriculum, you won't sit in on any lectures, but I imagine you'll get to observe group sessions. You also get to see the anatomy lab and even the cadavers and where groups are in their dissections.

They also have an essay on interview day you have to write. It's literally only a page and it's on some ethical issue based on real life stuff (imagine something like..you catch a student cheating, what do you do?), not medical scenarios.

Hi! What are you favorites things about Drexel so far? any interesting experience you could share? Thanks!

Anyone else having trouble submitting this app? I keep getting a glitch asking me to update the alumni info tab even though I have "no" selected for all of the choices.

"You must enter at least one family member for each yes response."

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else having trouble submitting this app? I keep getting a glitch asking me to update the alumni info tab even though I have "no" selected for all of the choices.

When did you get the secondary? I haven't even received it.

Reactions: 4 users
Secondary came in this morning.

@Lucca Prompts:

We're interested in knowing more about you than can be understood from your AMCAS application. We have two essays, the first one is required, the second one is optional, which will help us to get to know you.

1) We at Drexel University College of Medicine have a rich history and a valued mission. Each individual contributes to, supports and enriches our community. Please share with us how you plan on contributing to our College (200 words maximum)

Optional:
2) What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? Please use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application. (200 words maximum)

How much detail are we suppose to go into when talking about breaks in our education? All of the detail is in both my personal statement and amcas app already.

Anyone else not get the secondary yet?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 7 users
Submitted and complete. Good luck, everyone!

Yeah I'm having this same issue. did you figure this out?

Members don't see this ad :)
I figured it out: instead of clicking "save and continue," click "save progress." After that, you'll get a green checkmark, and can submit!

Thank you this worked

Reactions: 1 users
Having issues on the "academic history" tab. I don't see any options under "program", "major", and "minor." Did anyone else have similar issues?

Edit: Nevermind! :) Issue solved!

Last edited:
Has anyone else not received a secondary yet?

Reactions: 2 users
just received the secondary now!

Having issues on the "academic history" tab. I don't see any options under "program", "major", and "minor." Did anyone else have similar issues?

Edit: Nevermind! :) Issue solved!

How did you solve this?

I received a secondary as well!

How strict is Drexel about the whole non-science LOR? I have a composite letter from my college's pre health committee, but I do not have any letters from non-science professors or other professionals...

In the "Academic History" section it asks "Has your education to date been continuous?" - if we took gap years do we select "No"? Or is this just referring to whether or not your undergrad education was continuous?

UPDATE: Nevermind, found my answer in last year's forum.
For those curious: if you click "No" a new prompt pops up asking you to describe the interruption in addition to the pre-existing prompt about post-graduation activities. You are to select "Yes" and just fill out the post-graduation activities prompt.

Last edited:
Anyone still haven't received the secondary?

Reactions: 2 users
Just got marked complete at 2 am in the morning

Uhhh anyone still not being able to choose major, degree, etc?

Uhhh anyone still not being able to choose major, degree, etc?
So that page is only for new schools since your AMCAS! If all your schools are entered then just leave it blank... you're probably trying to fill in a school that's already on your AMCAS and that's why it's not working.

So that page is only for new schools since your AMCAS! If all your schools are entered then just leave it blank... you're probably trying to fill in a school that's already on your AMCAS and that's why it's not working.
Ohhhh thank you very much!

Will they consider our applications any differently if we select interest in MD/MBA programs?

Guys/Girls, I'm in a dilemma I accidentally sent them 5 LOR which they have a max of 4. . . I wonder if they will overlook that or just reject me because I didn't pay attention to the limit. What do you all think? Uggh if only I had paid attention

Guys/Girls, I'm in a dilemma I accidentally sent them 5 LOR which they have a max of 4. . . I wonder if they will overlook that or just reject me because I didn't pay attention to the limit. What do you all think? Uggh if only I had paid attention

You and I are in the same boat. However I saw this on the FAQ

Can I send additional letters of recommendation?

Yes. We will accept additional letters. They should be sent to us through the AMCAS Letters Service and, whenever possible, should reference your AMCAS ID number.

You and I are in the same boat. However I saw this on the FAQ

Can I send additional letters of recommendation?

Yes. We will accept additional letters. They should be sent to us through the AMCAS Letters Service and, whenever possible, should reference your AMCAS ID number.

I wonder if that is additional letters in addition to the Three or (hopefully for us) the four? So you already submitted?

Screw it. If you went for it, then so will I! I'm sure we're not the only ones.

I definitely don't think we are the first or the last to submit more letters lol. Hopefully they just ignore it

Will they consider our applications any differently if we select interest in MD/MBA programs?

I don't believe so. We can still choose to enter these programs even after matriculation. But take that with a grain of salt as I am not 100% sure. (But i really don't think it matters)

Also submitted 5 instead of 4. I think I remember hearing that schools will just select one of the two optional ones, but don't quote me.

+6 secondary. Question, do they not offer a MD/MS dual degree?