2017-2018 Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (MWU-CCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.
Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-DO mods (AlteredScale, bacchus, or chizledfrmstone) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! Incoming M1 here. Happy to answer any questions about the application process, interview, etc. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received!!!!! First one of the cycle!

Also got one. Exciting times.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought this is a slow grind but it's all happening so fast.

Secondary received! I do have a question for anyone who can answer. On the supplemental checklist, there is a request for a physician and committee letter. Do these need to be uploaded separately, or will these eventually update with the letters sent through my primary application? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Supplementary! Stats: cGPA 3.92 sGPA 3.93 MCAT: TBD 2nd one!

Just got my secondary! 3rd one now.

Why do you believe CCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?

Why should CCOM accept you into this year's class?

Both are 1500 characters. Also a CV or Resume is required.

Space reserved for prompt.
Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-DO mods (AlteredScale, bacchus, or chizledfrmstone) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using SDN mobile

Why do you believe CCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?

Why should CCOM accept you into this year's class?

Both are 1500 characters. Also a CV or Resume is required.

Ugh, why do they ask for a CV/Resume when they have our primary?

Reactions: 2 users
Ugh, why do they ask for a CV/Resume when they have our primary?
The CV/Resume and secondary questions are the only thing your interviewers have access to during the interview. Anything on your personal statement/AACOMAS primary application they will not have.

Does anyone know if they honor the fee waiver for FAP recipients? I just shot them an email because I am ready to submit but just wondering.

Ok I just got an e-mail back from them and they said just to forward your confirmation e-mail from aacomas to their admissions email and they will begin processing your waiver.

Reactions: 2 users
The CV/Resume and secondary questions are the only thing your interviewers have access to during the interview. Anything on your personal statement/AACOMAS primary application they will not have.
I get that, but they could get the same information from your primary application, just taking the pertinent information from it and putting it on a paper for your interviewer.

I get that, but they could get the same information from your primary application, just taking the pertinent information from it and putting it on a paper for your interviewer.

Ain't nobody got time for dat xD

Some people will use this as an opportunity to add more to their application that they couldn't fit in their primary application, or use it as a way to spark and direct the interview conversation to something meaningful to them, while other people complain about creating a two page word document. But what do I know? I'm just a student at this school.

Outside of the two recommendation letters they require, are we allowed to send additional ones?

Outside of the two recommendation letters they require, are we allowed to send additional ones?

You could if you wanted to, but you can't assign them on AACOMAS. You'd have to send them directly to the office of admissions

Anything special from Midwestern-CCOM That stands out from other COMs?
What you like about it? (Are you a chicago resident?, Rents are cheap? Tuition are cheap? Their education are excellent? Etc.)

Thank you!

Does this school pre-screen heavily for secondaries?

Does this school pre-screen heavily for secondaries?

I don't believe so.

What you like about it? (Are you a chicago resident?, Rents are cheap? Tuition are cheap? Their education are excellent? Etc.)

Thank you!
Haha tuition is one of the most expensive and Chicago itself is pretty costly from what I hear.

Thank you!

It is actually pretty expensive, but they have great board scores and match rates. And they have much better rotation sites than some of the other DO schools out there.

You could if you wanted to, but you can't assign them on AACOMAS. You'd have to send them directly to the office of admissions

When I submitted my AACOMAS, I had assigned all my letters to each school and had no issue with this. Nonetheless, you should be able to send the letters directly to the school like @leturbinator said. If you are in doubt, you could always call or send an email to ask about this specifically.

I am ready to submit mine. Just need that fee waiver granted.

Working on my secondary rn:
What are some suggestions for answering the question: Why do you believe CCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?
I was able to write the rest without any problems.

Working on my secondary rn:
What are some suggestions for answering the question: Why do you believe CCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?
I was able to write the rest without any problems.

I would read about their programs and try to find out what is so unique about their DO program, and see how it matches with your expectations/preferences.
If this is not your top choice school, then, find some ways to convince the admissions without BSing... hehe

Got a secondary as well! Does anyone know if I'm able to submit before my official MCAT scores get to them? Or do I have to wait until they have it? I took the MCAT May 19th and my scores release the 20th of June.

Does anyone know if they honor the fee waiver for FAP recipients? I just shot them an email because I am ready to submit but just wondering.
Did you ever hear back from admissions?
If their website is up to date, then I would guess they don't accept the fee waiver based off the following, "Applicants must complete and submit their supplemental application forms with all required materials, including a nonrefundable/nonwaivable $50 processing fee, to the Office of Admissions."

CCOM Admission / Apply | Midwestern University

Maybe they changed their policy? (Hopefully lol)

Did you ever hear back from admissions?
If their website is up to date, then I would guess they don't accept the fee waiver based off the following, "Applicants must complete and submit their supplemental application forms with all required materials, including a nonrefundable/nonwaivable $50 processing fee, to the Office of Admissions."

CCOM Admission / Apply | Midwestern University

Maybe they changed their policy? (Hopefully lol)

I emailed them and they wold me to send them my confirmation email of the fee waiver. Once they process it, they said they would waive it? 0.0 We'll see what happens in the coming days. I can keep you all updated.

I emailed them and they wold me to send them my confirmation email of the fee waiver. Once they process it, they said they would waive it? 0.0 We'll see what happens in the coming days. I can keep you all updated.
I emailed them as well with my fap confirmation email. I'll update if I hear anything as well

Hey guys. For people wondering about the fee waiver. They indeed do give it. I just had mine waived!

Reactions: 1 users
Would it be fine to submit the same answers for both AZCOM and CCOM? They have the same secondary questions and I don't see any difference.

Also -- for fap assistance...just forward them the confirmation email you received for fee assistance and theyll waive the fees for you. I called AZCOM and asked...emailed them and got it. I emailed CCOM about it earlier and haven't heard back and don't want to send two emails in the same day so just waiting to hear from them and then ill forward.

Goodluck everyone