KHSC-Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lmao I was being sarcastic. I thought it was obvious
So how do you get waitlisted on 4/22 if you interviewed on 4/25? That doesn't make any sense

Members don't see this ad.

Not saying he’s lying, but on 4/7 (when I interviewed) he posted that he was on break from the group interview. So I’m not sure what he means but I think his interview was 4/7 with myself!
So he interviewed on two different dates and got waitlisted for his 4/7 interview and accepted for his 4/25 interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Still nothing. Here is to gearing up for the next cycle 😞

I heard back within 8 days but I got waitlisted. My interview was on 04/14. Really hoping there is a lot of waitlist movement, even though I know they don't have a lot of seats.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone remember if they said they only expect waitlist movement around mid-May or if it may happen earlier?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone remember if they said they only expect waitlist movement around mid-May or if it may happen earlier?
It will move as people drop. May 1st is just a big day for acceptances.

Interviewed March 12th, accepted March 21st.

Members don't see this ad :)
The waitlist will also shrink as people who have an A somewhere else commit to that school and drop from the waitlist
1651257807141.jpeg

• Haha
I keep seeing two different addresses for KansasCOM: 217 E Douglas Ave. and 221 S. Topeka St. Which one is it?
I want to say it’s the Douglas one since that’s the address they attach to the emails sent from them, but I am not 100% sure

I want to say it’s the Douglas one since that’s the address they attach to the emails sent from them, but I am not 100% sure
It's the 217 E Douglas. The building is kind of on the corner, which is why you may see two addresses.

Interview 4/21 WL today. Does anyone know if they accept letters of intent?

Got off of the WL at another school, so I emailed admissions at Kansas COM to withdraw my application and be taken off of the WL! Good luck to you all, I know you will end up where you belong!
Can you put in the good word for iamthebest35 from sdn?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Damn, no one on the forums gotten in 🥲

• Sad
I know, I’m just on here waiting to see if movement will happen 🥲
Also, I’m wondering if they would be open to doing conditional acceptances? But since it’s a new school, I figure not
How full is their class at this point? Does anybody know?

I saw that there was some pretty bad weather in the Kansas area this week, might have delayed some of the adcom meetings. Here’s hoping for some movement next week

I think theres maybe 20 spots left cause the groupme only has 52 members? But maybe the other 20ish kids dont have groupme/dont have sdn. If somebody already accepted can chime in thatd be really greatly appreciated!! Pls

I think theres maybe 20 spots left cause the groupme only has 52 members? But maybe the other 20ish kids dont have groupme/dont have sdn. If somebody already accepted can chime in thatd be really greatly appreciated!! Pls
I'm already accepted and commuting here. I'm not on groupme. Can you add me?

I saw that there was some pretty bad weather in the Kansas area this week, might have delayed some of the adcom meetings. Here’s hoping for some movement next week
I asked admissions and they said they have not yet gotten to their waitlist and will do so if/when they need to use it. Here’s hoping for movement soon

Reactions: 1 users
I asked admissions and they said they have not yet gotten to their waitlist and will do so if/when they need to use it. Here’s hoping for movement soon
Oh I see, so their class is full at the moment then?

I just got accepted at a different Medical School. I was soooo in love with this school but I have to decline the offer because they were not sure about the availability of FAFSA. I hope one of you will get an acceptance soon.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I just got accepted at a different Medical School. I was soooo in love with this school but I have to decline the offer because they were not sure about the availability of FAFSA. I hope one of you will get an acceptance soon.

Not sure the availability of FASFA? How is everyone paying tuition and cost of living?

It’s called private loans
Or you can just pick yourself up by your bootstraps, work hard, and earn enough money to get yourself a medical degree. It's actually not that hard if you do it right.

• Haha
someone was just asking a simple question... theres no need to be passive aggressive or rude about it. @LyphBB the office said theyre still working on in but in the meantime im gonna be looking for private loans! i assume its just taking a while since they just started a few months ago - i have no doubt by second semester latest they will be approved for federal loans

Reactions: 1 users
someone was just asking a simple question... theres no need to be passive aggressive or rude about it. @LyphBB the office said theyre still working on in but in the meantime im gonna be looking for private loans! i assume its just taking a while since they just started a few months ago - i have no doubt by second semester latest they will be approved for federal loans
I think he's drunk again

edit: or she. also for those confused, check out the account history lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
If any of you are moving to Wichita right now and need some furniture, I'm ditching mine before I move, PM me if you need anything

Has anybody been accepted off the waitlist? I was told we would see some movement in early may to mid-may?

Anyone else notice their application portal layout changed? Not me neurotically checking my application portal...but different color schemes it seems :)
what is the website again?

How full is their class at this point? Does anybody know?

I heard that they over-accepted Beyond the 85 slots that they’re allowed to have for their first year. This meant that some people who are accepted couldn’t actually put down their deposit apparently until other people dropped….

• Sad
I heard that they over-accepted Beyond the 85 slots that they’re allowed to have for their first year. This meant that some people who are accepted couldn’t actually put down their deposit apparently until other people dropped….
Where did you hear that?