KHSC-Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 3/26, waitlisted

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone who has interviewed mind DMing me your experiences, it's my first ever interview and I am beyond scared! Also, I interview this Saturday (23rd), am I basically just fighting over a waitlist spot at this point? :(

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who has interviewed mind DMing me your experiences, it's my first ever interview and I am beyond scared! Also, I interview this Saturday (23rd), am I basically just fighting over a waitlist spot at this point
If you hold an A somewhere else, and are just interviewing to interview, maybe not. But if you can truly see yourself going here and really want it, interview. I asked prior to interviewing (out of curiosity) how many seats were still available, and they had no problem telling me. Maybe doing that will help you make a decision?

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 3/24 also waitlisted, hoping to hear more soon! Good luck to all!

If you hold an A somewhere else, and are just interviewing to interview, maybe not. But if you can truly see yourself going here and really want it, interview. I asked prior to interviewing (out of curiosity) how many seats were still available, and they had no problem telling me. Maybe doing that will help you make a decision?
No acceptances anywhere else so I would immediately accept if given an A!

Interviewing on Sat and feeling bummed that I’m fighting for a waitlist spot 😫. Hoping they’re reserving some A’s for the 3 remaining April interviews (~50 ppl)!

Did ANYONE get that A or R from March interviews?

Idk what’s going on but they are going to have to move quick cause accepted students day is May 20th so those last three interviews need decisions and waitlist movement by then. Rsvp for that event is by May 13th.

Idk what’s going on but they are going to have to move quick cause accepted students day is May 20th so those last three interviews need decisions and waitlist movement by then. Rsvp for that event is by May 13th.
Hi! I interviewed this past Thursday and they mentioned that if you don’t hear back by May 20/are on the waitlist, not to worry because they plan to have more than one of those accepted students type events so that students who are accepted at a later date are able to go out and see the campus/area etc. Not sure if I misunderstood anything but I’m pretty sure I didn’t because they do have interview dates lined up till the end of April and are saying it’ll take 3-4 weeks for interview decisions, which will fall really close to that May 20 date

Reactions: 4 users
I had a feeling that I was going to get tested by all these WLs. -_-. The universe wants me to keep waiting.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Since it's nearing the end of the application cycle I'm not surprised they are waitlisting people. Probably making sure there's enough room for other interviewing applicants and waiting for May 1st when accepted students drop their spots
this and the fact that the first class will only be around 85 students... at least that's what I was told in my interview

this and the fact that the first class will only be around 85 students... at least that's what I was told in my interview
True….but it is becoming real odd that so far not a single A has come from the 3/24 or 3/26 interviews dates not unless people who have A’s from these dates are too busy celebrating to post on here or they are wise and not be on SDN at all lol Or I’m over thinking as usual and April interviews have heavy hitters in the group they are saving spots for haha Stay strong late March interviewees ❤️

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
True….but it is becoming real odd that so far not a single A has come from the 3/24 or 3/26 interviews dates not unless people who have A’s from these dates are too busy celebrating to post on here or they are wise and not be on SDN at all lol Or I’m over thinking as usual and April interviews have heavy hitters in the group they are saving spots for haha Stay strong late March interviewees ❤️
i feel like they haven’t had time to even look at most of the april interviewees yet- I’m inclined to say that they’re just making sure they don’t overaccept but eek so stressful
@kansascom blink twice if you have seats open still

i feel like they haven’t had time to even look at most of the april interviewees yet- I’m inclined to say that they’re just making sure they don’t overaccept but eek so stressful
@kansascom blink twice if you have seats open still
Who knows at this point. Good luck to everyone and now I’m going to join the wise and take a little break from SDN to wait it out. Seriously wishing everyone the best ❤️ Hope to see you all (including myself) thriving in the Summer/Fall 🤞🤞🤞

Reactions: 9 users
I was recently waitlisted but my portal doesn’t reflect that. Does anyone else have the same issue? Not sure if I need to call them to confirm

I was recently waitlisted but my portal doesn’t reflect that. Does anyone else have the same issue? Not sure if I need to call them to confirm
Yeah my status also still says "application in review"

I know that the waitlist is not ranked, but does anyone know how they will determine on who they will pull off the waitlist?

I know that the waitlist is not ranked, but does anyone know how they will determine on who they will pull off the waitlist?
I called and they said "its not ranked.....but it kind of is" he implied its not a random process of pulling but its also not ordered....idk :/

• Care
I called and they said "its not ranked.....but it kind of is" he implied its not a random process of pulling but its also not ordered....idk :/
Thank you for asking and giving me back the response!

I can’t say much to this, but I think it would be a good thing to show your interest in the school
is it worth to send in a letter of interest? Idk what we would even say since it's brand new.
Would I seem desperate since it's a new school? I am but I don't need them to know, and I am not sure how much it would help 🤔🤔

Would I seem desperate since it's a new school? I am but I don't need them to know, and I am not sure how much it would help 🤔🤔
during my interview day, they said they would appreciate any letters of interest/update letters especially if you’re on a WL!

I do not think it would seem desperate. I think closer to the end of the application cycle, sending a letter of interest shows the school that you're still interested and they wouldn't be wasting their time on you. You could always talk about how you felt during the interview and such

Just got waitlisted...very disappointing because i thought the interview went well

Just got waitlisted...very disappointing because i thought the interview went well
Just got waitlisted as well. Interviewed 4/9 and felt really good about it. Sitting on a waitlist at another school too, this is killing me :/

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Waitlist doesn’t mean you did bad. It means they have no spot. Especially since everyone else is being waitlisted

Waitlisted too y’all!🤓

Waitlist doesn’t mean you did bad. It means they have no spot. Especially since everyone else is so being waitlisted
But if they waitlist everyone, it doesn’t seem “not bad” lol. Did anyone get a rejection after interviewing?

Just interviewed! It is very chill if you have the Monday slot, feel free to DM me! Does anyone remember the last name of the group interviewer Ki'arra, I am blanking and didnt write it down :(

Anybody from the 4/25 interview hear back yet? I'm refreshing my inbox like a madman

4/25. Its good to know some of us 4/25 peeps are hearing back, but it makes me more concerned that I haven't heard anything back yet.
To be 100% clear, are you meaning to say you interviewed 3/25 (March)? 4/25 is today

To be 100% clear, are you meaning to say you interviewed 3/25 (March)? 4/25 is today
I interviewed like 12 hours ago. Hoping to wake up to good news tomorrow, if not I'm taking it as a soft R considering at least one other already heard back with an A.

I interviewed like 12 hours ago. Hoping to wake up to good news tomorrow, if not I'm taking it as a soft R considering at least one other already heard back with an A.
I would relax a little bit and not consider it a soft R yet lol. The person @neuda said they were waitlisted last Friday the 22nd, so they didn't interview today. :thumbup:

I would relax a little bit and not consider it a soft R yet lol. The person @neuda said they were waitlisted last Friday the 22nd, so they didn't interview today. :thumbup:
I don't believe that. I've seen neuda around the forums and he seems like a real stand up individual. I doubt he would ever lie about his interview date and acceptance status.

I don't believe that. I've seen neuda around the forums and he seems like a real stand up individual. I doubt he would ever lie about his interview date and acceptance status.

Not saying he’s lying, but on 4/7 (when I interviewed) he posted that he was on break from the group interview. So I’m not sure what he means but I think his interview was 4/7 with myself!

Not saying he’s lying, but on 4/7 (when I interviewed) he posted that he was on break from the group interview. So I’m not sure what he means but I think his interview was 4/7 with myself!
Lmao I was being sarcastic. I thought it was obvious

Reactions: 3 users