2017-2018 Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (MWU-CCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1, was very surprised because I didn't send an update letter. Now I'm torn between this school and another :(
When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad.

So I have to re-do a vaccination series because a titer of mine came back slightly low, and this series takes about 6 months to complete. Does anyone know if I'll be missing out on anything because I dont have this series fully done? or is it no biggie.

Members don't see this ad :)
This might be a stupid question, but where do we send transcripts to once accepted?

I have put this off for a while and I'm totally blanking here

This might be a stupid question, but where do we send transcripts to once accepted?

I have put this off for a while and I'm totally blanking here

There should be an address for the office of admissions online, I'm pretty sure you can send them there.

Do we have to register for classes, or do anything besides immunizations, sending in transcripts, and going to orientation?

+1, was very surprised because I didn't send an update letter. Now I'm torn between this school and another :(
If you don't mind me asking, what was your MCAT score/GPA? Were you part of the MABS program?

I was accepted off of the waitlist thursday but decided to decline. Hopefully it goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 1 users
If you don't mind me asking, what was your MCAT score/GPA? Were you part of the MABS program?

Yes I was part of the MABS program this past year
My undergrad GPA was a 3.1 and MCAT score was a 505.
My Masters GPA was a 4.0, I pretty much worked my butt off for a year to offset my lower than average undergrad GPA.

Reactions: 2 users
So I have to re-do a vaccination series because a titer of mine came back slightly low, and this series takes about 6 months to complete. Does anyone know if I'll be missing out on anything because I dont have this series fully done? or is it no biggie.
Nope. Just go about your series and gets your titers after . I had to re-do my Hep B too and didn't get my titer until like Dec.

Do we have to register for classes, or do anything besides immunizations, sending in transcripts, and going to orientation?
Nope your schedule is made for you. Just enjoy the rest of your summer.

Reactions: 1 user
Received the acceptance call today from the alternate list. It was a pleasant surprise and a validation..would've been nice to attend since I'm instate but will be taking the MD acceptance OOS. Hopefully this gives some of you who are still waiting some hope :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I'm looking to apply here for this upcoming cycle and i was wondering if you guys think my letter of rec from an MD will be fine?

Hi, I'm looking to apply here for this upcoming cycle and i was wondering if you guys think my letter of rec from an MD will be fine?
I used a letter of rec from an MD and got in. Wasn't a prob.

This happened to me as well. What did you end up deciding?

This happened to me as well. What did you end up deciding?

I ended up going with the other school because of the tuition cost but I think I would've been happy here too. It was a very tough decision. You can't go wrong either way so just pick what feels right for you.

Just withdrew my acceptance due to getting into my top choice. Good luck to anyone hoping for alt list movement at this school!

Anyone else on the waitlist still patiently waiting :)

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else on the waitlist still patiently waiting :)
Same here. If something doesn’t happen the first week of July, going to reapply. Hope it doesn’t come to that but who knows at this point, the alt list is so unpredictable ‍♂️

Anyone else on waitlist still patiently waiting? I’m not sure what to do at this point. Wait a little longer or just reapply

Anyone else on waitlist still patiently waiting? I’m not sure what to do at this point. Wait a little longer or just reapply
Sorry you were left waiting. I think you should probably re apply. Our first day of orientation is July 31st. I really don’t think very many if any people will drop their seat. Good luck

Still waiting as well. I started the application process just so I won’t feel short changed if I don’t get accepted this year.

waiting too - will be attending another school but CCOM was my dream :(

Accepted off the alternate list 07/20! Just keep your head up. Anything is possible at this point.

Congrats! send some good karma our way!

Can anyone tell me where the incoming first year students can park on orientation (tuesday). Can we use the parking garages, even though we don't have parking passes/stickers yet?

Can anyone tell me where the incoming first year students can park on orientation (tuesday). Can we use the parking garages, even though we don't have parking passes/stickers yet?

Yes park in the parking garage

GPA is 3.61 and MCAT 502, and no I wasn’t! Had a ton of extracurriculars and called admissions like once a week.

GPA is 3.61 and MCAT 502, and no I wasn’t! Had a ton of extracurriculars and called admissions like once a week.
May i ask how old you are and if you are from out of state?

Here we go! Classes begin! Good Luck Class of 2022!