2016-2017 Washington University in St. Louis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 waitlist

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
uhhh so if we haven't gotten waitlisted and we haven't gotten accepted are we dead in the water?

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted. No email. There's a new page in the WUSM apply portal.

+1 waitlist (email). Most likely going to take my name off though. Good luck to those still pulling for WashU!

+1 waitlist (email). Most likely going to take my name off though. Good luck to those still pulling for WashU!

A hearty thank you to you and those like you who are willing to let the school know once you know you're no longer interested. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted and subsequently withdrew my application

Reactions: 1 users
But

I really wanna know. If no one knows I'm going to call and ask later next week.

Everything I've been hearing is that they don't reject, but I doubt anyone's checked. I bit the bullet by calling to figure out what day we'd hear (luckily it was sooner), and definitely encourage someone to go ahead and call as to this question. Don't know if they'll answer, but they were quite nice when I called earlier.

No word yet on my end and I am not seeing any new pages pop up in WUMS Apply. Hmm...

Hard to tell what's happening here, but my gut instinct is telling me this could be a post-II rejection. Even still, if they had our fates decided, then why not send out the rejection notices at the same time as everyone's waitlist notification? Unless it's active decision and they're still deciding who to waitlist, hence the April 15th deadline

Does anyone know the amount of movement from the WL? Having to weigh options of schools, apartment deposits (the app cycle killed my wallet), moving from the east coast, etc etc.

+1 sincere thank you to those who are no longer interested and withdrew.

Another question about the WL: anyone know if there's any movement before 4/30 (or I guess 5/1 this year) ? I'm assuming most of it comes after that date, but just curious about before

Another question about the WL: anyone know if there's any movement before 4/30 (or I guess 5/1 this year) ? I'm assuming most of it comes after that date, but just curious about before

I would assume that it comes as people drop the school, and I would assume that that happens mostly as people receive their financial offers. So it should get going throughout the month, I would think.

Man second look was awesome. They really went all out on pampering us and the other prospective students, current students, and faculty were pretty awesome....

Man second look was awesome. They really went all out on pampering us and the other prospective students, current students, and faculty were pretty awesome....
What kind of pampering was there? I want to experience it vicariously!

What kind of pampering was there? I want to experience it vicariously!

Got a small duffel bag when we first got there including a nice sweatshirt and some other gear and everything paid for all weekend! Lots of open bars and free food. Plus current students were there all the time to chill/show us around. Pretty sweet

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone who submitted the waitlist inquiry response get some kind of confirmation email? I submitted it yesterday but I'm getting paranoid now that my first attempt didn't work or something.

Did anyone who submitted the waitlist inquiry response get some kind of confirmation email? I submitted it yesterday but I'm getting paranoid now that my first attempt didn't work or something.
No, I didn't. So I did it twice because I'm neurotic.

Anybody else get an email that their award is complete but get errors when they try to log into netpartner ?

Got a small duffel bag when we first got there including a nice sweatshirt and some other gear and everything paid for all weekend! Lots of open bars and free food. Plus current students were there all the time to chill/show us around. Pretty sweet
Did you get to explore the city? Did it sell you on washu??

Any opinions on st louis style pizza? Dunno howi feel about this "Provel" business

omg Imo's is gross, provel is gross

go to Pi, or Doughocracy
Went to Pi with my second look roommate and the student I shadowed, it was really good :)

Anybody else get an email that their award is complete but get errors when they try to log into netpartner ?

I could log in and see my award but never got an email. :/

EDIT NVM it went to spam.

EDIT 2: Can't access portal. I think it's just down for everyone.

Last edited:
Aside from the Olin, has anyone received scholarship offers from WashU lately? I know they come out in waves as they get recycled

Hard to tell what's happening here, but my gut instinct is telling me this could be a post-II rejection. Even still, if they had our fates decided, then why not send out the rejection notices at the same time as everyone's waitlist notification? Unless it's active decision and they're still deciding who to waitlist, hence the April 15th deadline

Has anyone figured out if they reject post interview? I haven't heard anything from WashU since my interview in early December and I am thinking a rejection is coming my way.

Has anyone figured out if they reject post interview? I haven't heard anything from WashU since my interview in early December and I am thinking a rejection is coming my way.

...or maybe it's an acceptance?

Did you get to explore the city? Did it sell you on washu??

A little bit yeah! On Saturday from 12-5pm we got to pick from a few different activities to do with current students (zoo, museums, brewery tour, etc). I went to lunch and then the zoo with a few other prospective students and 4 M1's. Got to drive through the loop / see the park / see more of central west end. the park seems great and I personally like the vibe of CWE a lot. I didn't need much selling but I was super impressed (and a bunch of other people said they weren't sure how they felt about washu going in and left way more excited about the school). I thought the students seemed really happy (and not too busy... a lot of them volunteered to spend almost the whole weekend with us), faculty seems awesome and really invested in the school, and obviously the opportunities there are top notch.

Haha that would be great, but I highly doubt it. Is there anyone else who has not heard anything?

I haven't heard anything yet either. Interviewed in Feb so I assume there is a very low chance of acceptance. I thought the interview went pretty well, but the thought of my first post-II rejection hurts!

Also haven't heard anything. We have to hear back before 4/15 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Also haven't heard anything. We have to hear back before 4/15 I think.

I just looked in last year's thread and there was only a single post-interview rejection post - in July!

Just was able to see my financial aid award and I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed, considering how generous they say they are. Mine included a $1000 "student contribution" and I make less than $5000 a year at my part-time job!

Yeah...have to say I'm pretty disappointed too. Much less need-based aid offered than a similar school. I guess this is how they afford a bunch of full scholarships every year.

Just was able to see my financial aid award and I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed, considering how generous they say they are. Mine included a $1000 "student contribution" and I make less than $5000 a year at my part-time job!
Yeah...have to say I'm pretty disappointed too. Much less need-based aid offered than a similar school. I guess this is how they afford a bunch of full scholarships every year.
Just curious, what would your total estimated debt from attending WashU be?

Spoke to admissions this morning and they said everyone that has yet to hear back will hear this week. Wasn't told 4/15 explicitly but it still very well could be