2016-2017 University of California - San Francisco Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just saw your question...I would apply; especially if you're IS! I have scores very similar to you... You won't know unless you take a chance!

Thanks for your feedback! Yes, I'm a CA resident too :)
I just hope the 124 in CARS wont get me screened out of getting a secondary :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your feedback! Yes, I'm a CA resident too :)
I just hope the 124 in CARS wont get me screened out of getting a secondary :/
It will not. I have a 124 in CARS and am OOS and received a secondary!

Reactions: 1 user
All of the UC's that I applied to are not showing me any secondary love right now. Verified 6/24.

Last edited:
My AMCAS was verified on 7/12 and I have still not received a secondary. Lizzy M = 71.2, OOS. Any advice? Should I call or hold tight? Anyone else in the same boat?

Edit: OOS

My AMCAS was verified on 7/12 and I have still not received a secondary. Lizzy M = 71.2, OOS. Any advice? Should I call or hold tight? Anyone else in the same boat?

I wouldn't call
They screen so you have to wait to see if you make it through the screen for the secondary.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I wouldn't call
They screen so you have to wait to see if you make it through the screen for the secondary.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Okay - I know about the screen, but it seems like a few of people who were verified after me were given secondaries so I was just wondering.

Just throwing my experience out there: I was verified the very first day and just received a secondary last week. Way lower stats and OOS, so I was pretty sure I was screened out until I got that beautiful secondary email. I think they have a weird way of reviewing that has nothing to do with the date you submitted. Just hang tight and pre-write a perfect response!

Reactions: 2 users

Yup. I was verified on the same day as you and submitted on the 13th. Out of state and Lizzy M 78. I'm getting a bit worried, but hopefully we'll get it soon.

Just throwing my experience out there: I was verified the very first day and just received a secondary last week. Way lower stats and OOS, so I was pretty sure I was screened out until I got that beautiful secondary email. I think they have a weird way of reviewing that has nothing to do with the date you submitted. Just hang tight and pre-write a perfect response!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Just wondering, do they look at your LOR before they screen? My LORs were verified 8/1 but my AMCAS was verified 7/8...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering, do they look at your LOR before they screen? My LORs were verified 8/1 but my AMCAS was verified 7/8...

nope. I got my secondary before sending LORs

So, long story short, I got super busy between secondaries, research, and life and submitted my UCSF secondary this morning at 6AM, technically one day (or ~6 hours) after the soft four weeks deadline. Should I send UCSF an email or call of some kind, or just hope it'll all be fine? FWIW, I had no issue submitting, paying, or logging in.

So, long story short, I got super busy between secondaries, research, and life and submitted my UCSF secondary this morning at 6AM, technically one day (or ~6 hours) after the soft four weeks deadline. Should I send UCSF an email or call of some kind, or just hope it'll all be fine? FWIW, I had no issue submitting, paying, or logging in.
Don't do that. You're fine.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! I'm new to the SDN... I applied to UCSF, verified July 28. But I took the MCAT July 9 and didn't receive my scores until August 9. Should I be basing when to "expect" a secondary off of my verification date or off of my score release date? Thanks!!

Hi everyone! I'm new to the SDN... I applied to UCSF, verified July 28. But I took the MCAT July 9 and didn't receive my scores until August 9. Should I be basing when to "expect" a secondary off of my verification date or off of my score release date? Thanks!!
I would think score release since I'm assuming their screening for secondaries involves stats (GPA and MCAT) to a certain degree?

it would be off your score release date because your application was not complete until your score was released. So your application hangs around until its complete and then once its ready it is sent to committee for review

Secondary received today (8/15). OOS LizzyM 70. I am honestly surprised, I didn't even think they'd give me a chance :O

Last edited:

I think you are fine. I totally feel your pain about balancing apps with life, hang in there!

FINALLY received this secondary today. I was verified 06/07, I was losing hope...

Did anyone receive a 'complete' email once their LORs and secondary were submitted?

Any MD/PhD applicants still waiting for a secondary???

Congrats to all the secondaries and invites!!

I'm not expecting a secondary but I'm also wondering when they start pre secondary rejections?

Yes, me. Verified 7/8, LM 72, OOS... still nothing
I am pretty much in the same boat verified 7/11 LizzyM 72 OOS... It's been quiter than too annoyed to add a clever metaphor insert your own haha

sorry if this has been asked, but does UCSF accept updates? other than the secondary which asked about activities, I wanted to update on my grades (which I couldn't fit in my secondary) Would emailing be a good idea? My AMCAS indicated I was taking classes after my app was submitted soooooo what should I do?

My primary was verified over a month ago but I never got a confirmation email from UCSF that my primary was received...is this something I should call them about? I know they screen before sending secondaries but do they verify that they received your primary first?

My primary was verified over a month ago but I never got a confirmation email from UCSF that my primary was received...is this something I should call them about? I know they screen before sending secondaries but do they verify that they received your primary first?

Invitation to complete secondary was their first correspondence with me

Reactions: 2 users
just added this school last night! super reach for me with a low LizzyM but im IS and have lots of research so I'm hoping for the best!

just added this school last night! super reach for me with a low LizzyM but im IS and have lots of research so I'm hoping for the best!
Same boat as you. Wish us luck! Hope our research will get us a secondary!

No secondary yet for me! Submitted on 7/22 (had been verified prior, but indicated USCF on the 22nd). OOS, LizzyM 79.

No secondary yet for me! Submitted on 7/22 (had been verified prior, but indicated USCF on the 22nd). OOS, LizzyM 79.
+1. Verified 8/12 and still waiting for UCSF (hoping that I will get one). Only received UCLA's so far. Does anyone know when UCSF stop giving out secondaries?