2016-2017 University of Arizona - Phoenix Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This was my favorite interview so far. I would love to get in!

Agreed. Its my only interview so far and my next isn't for another few weeks, but the interview process at this school is AMAZING. Their process removes the stress of the interview process which allows for them to really delve into who you are as a person. If you have an interview here, just be yourself. You can't really prepare for them. You'll have so much fun!

Members don't see this ad.

I just sent my primary to here yesterday and received the secondary today. Do you think it is too late to submit? I'm OOS with 3.8 GPA (3.6 science/4.0 non-science), average MCAT score, and extensive medical work/research experience

Last edited:
I just sent my primary to here yesterday and received the secondary today. Do you think it is too late to submit? I'm OOS with 3.8 GPA (3.6 science/4.0 non-science), average MCAT score, and extensive medical work/research experience

It is pretty late in the game TBH.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)

Their OOS matriculation rates are very low, save yourself some money

Does anyone know if any OOS interviews have been offered yet? or how many interview days have been held already?

Just created an account today due to what I'm experiencing thus far and I just wanted to post so that maybe someone out there will think that they still have a shot. I have some strong experiences but my MCAT is poor. I thought my dreams were over but I have four interviews thus far and I'm optimistic for more. I wasn't sure if I would even get one so I'm excited.

To the point, I interviewed here on the 12th and had an amazing experience. The MMI was fun and the Admissions staff were amazing. I've been in healthcare for a long time (10 years) in different positions ranging from Admissions to Executive and I can tell you that this process was one of the best that I've seen. Other than this, I'm very happy to have met some amazing potential medical school students. They really have it figured out in terms of who they select; there wasn't a single person that I got to talk to that I wouldn't want to see with a white coat.

Reactions: 1 users
On my portal it says "Interview not scheduled yet." I'm assuming everyone's says this and that it does not mean anything?

On my portal it says "Interview not scheduled yet." I'm assuming everyone's says this and that it does not mean anything?
Is that in "status"? I just got put on hold (OOS) and my portal does not show that.

Yea, I have that too. I am sure it doesnt mean anything since I have had that status message for a while now.

Yea, I have that too. I am sure it doesnt mean anything since I have had that status message for a while now.
It's just odd that some would have it and some don't. This is my top choice school but I'm OOS. So I guess we'll see what happens.....

It's just odd that some would have it and some don't. This is my top choice school but I'm OOS. So I guess we'll see what happens.....
OOS here as well. I hope that does mean something too. Well, good luck to the both us then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is that in "status"? I just got put on hold (OOS) and my portal does not show that.
Interesting, I didn't know that UA Phoenix puts applicants on hold (formally). Did you get an email about it? When were you complete?

do you guys think its a worth a shot to submit my secondary tonight as an OOS with a 28 mcat? based on msar they seem less friendly than the tucson campus to OOS

do you guys think its a worth a shot to submit my secondary tonight as an OOS with a 28 mcat? based on msar they seem less friendly than the tucson campus to OOS
They are different schools, and UA Phx just has less people total in the class which impacts how many OOS they take. If you feel really strongly about your app and the school, go ahead, otherwise if you have other schools I would say it probably isn't worth it.

"We request you submit your supplemental application no later than 30 days from the date of this letter."

does anyone know if this is a hard deadline? i got the supp invite on 8/13

Does anyone know of any classes that will count for the physiology prereq? I did not take this course however I have taken a bunch of upper level bio classes that may count.

Rejected Out of state August 25 16 secondary submitted

I'm unable to pay the fee online. Is anyone else getting the error "You are not authorized to view this page. The transaction has not been processed." ?

I'm unable to pay the fee online. Is anyone else getting the error "You are not authorized to view this page. The transaction has not been processed." ?

Yeah I got this too.. I emailed a couple days ago they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Interesting, I didn't know that UA Phoenix puts applicants on hold (formally). Did you get an email about it? When were you complete?
Oops.... So sorry guys. I was looking back and forth between the Tuscon thread and this and got it mixed up. Mine is the same. Sorry again for the mix up...

Just tried again and it worked.. didn't do anything different or hear from them.

Can anyone tell me how long it took to receive and II after submitting? this is my top choice and I'm eager to hear something.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know what would be a good time of day to catch groups of students coming and going? I tried today (wed 9/28/16) outside the ABC1 building from 11:45am to 12:45pm but there was almost no one.

Last edited:
why would you want to do that?
I want to talk to, and pass out some flyers, to healthy med students. I posted a pic of my flyer before but a mod deleted it for "self advertising". I can post more info but I don't know if it will be too off-topic.

I want to talk to, and pass out some flyers, to healthy med students. I posted a pic of my flyer before but a mod deleted it for "self advertising". I can post more info but I don't know if it will be too off-topic.
sounds off topic...

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-28_19-46-14.png
    upload_2016-9-28_19-46-14.png
    446.7 KB · Views: 95
II here yesterday! complete 7/10.
oos and super unexpected. :)

Mind giving stats? I'm an OOS hopeful as well. Congrats though!
thank you! my stats are pretty low tbh, which is why I was shocked at receiving this II.
I'm a nontraditional student with two years of postbac (3.9 GPA), ~3.0 uGPA, 504 MCAT.
lots of research, community service, clinical experience, and leadership. I guess UA's review process really is holistic! :nod:

re-applicant here, was waitlisted last year.. I was complete 8/4 and still haven't heard a peep from this school. I'm IS, and significantly improved my MCAT score, and improved my ECs. I have 2 II to OOS schools.

Is being a previously waitlisted applicant a disadvantage at this school?

re-applicant here, was waitlisted last year.. I was complete 8/4 and still haven't heard a peep from this school. I'm IS, and significantly improved my MCAT score, and improved my ECs. I have 2 II to OOS schools.

I doubt it. A good number of the students I met on my interview day were reapplicants, whether they were waitlisted before or rejected. As long as you've improved where you need to, I think they value reapplicants as people that are really dedicated to medicine and getting where they want to be.

I doubt it. A good number of the students I met on my interview day were reapplicants, whether they were waitlisted before or rejected. As long as you've improved where you need to, I think they value reapplicants as people that are really dedicated to medicine and getting where they want to be.

I also want to throw out there that there are people who were three time reapplicants that are in my class.

I got an II this cycle and I'm a reapplicant as well who completed a Post-bac at a different university. Like you, I significantly improved my MCAT score. It's possible you'll get an II after they read your application.

I got an II this cycle and I'm a reapplicant as well who completed a Post-bac at a different university. Like you, I significantly improved my MCAT score. It's possible you'll get an II after they read your application.
Would you mind sharing when you were complete?

reapp here, got interview, IS, went from MCAT~80th percentile to ~95-99th. They definitely seem open to reapps if u improve.

OOS. Finished around mid August, II early October. ~50X Mcat Score, 3.7 GPA.

Though my stats are not fair- I have VERY strong ties to AZ.

Was complete 8/9.. IS, re applicant with significant improvement. Absolute silence..

Last edited:
II this morning! It was in my spam!! First II!-definitely brought on the water works!

Reactions: 6 users