2016-2017 Tulane University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does any one know if I were to do the MD/MPH would I be able to do research in another field? I am not sure if my interest in Infectious Diseases will change and don't want to get pigeonholed into one thing.
My understanding of the MD/MPH is that it's very flexible so I would assume yes.

Members don't see this ad.

I was about to cry when I saw that email for the biochem class. I'm assuming all accepted students and WL people got it?

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my acceptance from Tulane today, another time NOLA :'(
Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is just about everyone who isn't accepted after an interview placed on the acceptance range list? As someone currently on the acceptance range list, I'm clueless as to how many people are still up for an acceptance.

I was about to cry when I saw that email for the biochem class. I'm assuming all accepted students and WL people got it?

I've been accepted and received that email as well. I'm on the fence about it. What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Should we expect to start hear back regarding final decisions next week?

Is just about everyone who isn't accepted after an interview placed on the acceptance range list? As someone currently on the acceptance range list, I'm clueless as to how many people are still up for an acceptance.[/
Should we expect to start hear back regarding final decisions next week?
I have no idea. Looking at previous year's threads, some people don't hear back till June and July.

Withdrew, Good Luck guys, hope one of you get my spot.

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrawing as well, can't justify CoA and New Orleans was actually not to nice of a city when I visited (I was actually a little scared). Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been accepted and received that email as well. I'm on the fence about it. What do you think?

I got the email too, presumably because I didn't take biochem in college. On the one hand, I think it could be good to get in the biochem mindset right before med school starts (I've been out of college for a few years now). On the other hand, though, we did study biochem for the MCAT, so I might pass on it. What are you thinking?

Just got an email that I'm receiving a merit scholarship!! Unclear how I managed to get one of these allegedly rare awards but I'm feeling oh so grateful

Just got an email that I'm receiving a merit scholarship!! Unclear how I managed to get one of these allegedly rare awards but I'm feeling oh so grateful

ME TOOOOOOOO! AH I am not as stressed about the price tag any more!

I'm currently on the waitlist and Tulane would be my top choice if it weren't for the price tag. I was accepted to a cheaper IS school and I'm not sure if I should write a LOI. Any thoughts?

I'm currently on the waitlist and Tulane would be my top choice if it weren't for the price tag. I was accepted to a cheaper IS school and I'm not sure if I should write a LOI. Any thoughts?

I would think thats gonna be a decision you have to decide on yourself. Take whatever the difference is in money and decide is Tulane worth that for you. My opinion is that you'll get a great education at Tulane as well as be in an inredible city for 4 years.

Reactions: 1 users
I wouldn't write an LOI considering you are leaning towards going to another school. I would just go to our in-state school.

^^^especially since they ran out of time for review of applications this year.

Earlier applicants took the interview spots, so later applicants received an email stating the above.

Does tulane offer feedback sessions?

Did anyone here apply after doing the Pharmacology program at Tulane or any of the other master's programs through BMS?

Note to anyone who paid a deposit and then decided to withdraw: Tulane will not automatically credit you your $100 deposit. You need to email them and request it. Because it's been over 90 days since the drop date, the process to get your money back will take an even longer time because of forms that need to be filled out.