2017-2018 Tulane University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
"Briefly describe the reasons for your interest in Tulane University School of Medicine" (150 words)

"List any leadership positions, in clubs or organizations, you may have held during college" (100 words)

"Please list your hobbies and major non-academic interests" (150 words)

"Tulane University School of Medicine values the diversity of its patients, faculty, staff, and students. Do you identify with a particular group that you believe is underrepresented among medical professionals? These include groups oriented around, but not limited to: ethnicity, race, sexuality, religion, and economic background" (60 words)-Optional

If you've already graduated from college there is another prompt:

What have you been pursuing since graduation? (150 words)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback
Tulane Interview Feedback
Interviewed at Tulane? Please complete an Interview Feedback Survey!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone planning to apply after doing the Pharmacology SMP at Tulane (or any of the other ones they offer)?

Note for those who are admitted and then decide not to attend, you will need to request your deposit back, it will not be credited automatically. It was suggested that I warn this year's applicants so that you aren't wondering where your $100 is next June.

Best of Luck on your Applications!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else take the CASPer today? Just took it and I feel like a ran a race lol. And the fact that they video you has to be just entertainment for them because I'm sure my facial expressions were priceless lmao.

Last edited:
+1. Haha I could imagine what they see go on during the test.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
He's probably trolling

"Briefly describe the reasons for your interest in Tulane University School of Medicine" (150 words)

"List any leadership positions, in clubs or organizations, you may have held during college" (100 words)

"Tulane University School of Medicine values the diversity of its patients, faculty, staff, and students. Do you identify with a particular group that you believe is underrepresented among medical professionals? These include groups oriented around, but not limited to: ethnicity, race, sexuality, religion, and economic background" (60 words)-Optional

@gyngyn

I believe those are all the prompts

Not trolling, cuttlefish- no need to be rude

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
For all the "list" questions in the secondary, would it be acceptable to not only list the position/activity, but also provide a short description? Or would they only prefer simple, one word lists?

Last edited:

@gyngyn

I believe those are all the prompts

Not trolling, cuttlefish- no need to be rude
I apologize. I had no basis for saying that and shouldn't have.

Reactions: 1 users
does it look strange to an adcom if I discuss the tropical medicine aspect in the secondary for the "why tulane" secondary but didn't apply to the combined MD/MPH? I think its very cool I just don't think I would be competitive for the combined as I haven't done much PH stuff

Edit: Nevermind I didn't know you can't apply to it unless you get into the SOM already

Last edited:
Is anyone else having trouble saving a photo to their secondary app? I can upload it but when I hit save my picture doesn't come up.
Thanks

Anyone still waiting for a secondary :p?

Tulane SHOW ME SOME LOVVINNN

Reactions: 9 users
:( where's my secondary?! I went here for undergrad, come on tuchainz

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone else having trouble saving a photo to their secondary app? I can upload it but when I hit save my picture doesn't come up.
Thanks
I was able to get it to save if I used a downsampled photo (eg 640x480 or whatever, like that). I originally was using a high-res image but I think there might be a pixel limit that's not specified

Anybody else unable to click "Section Complete" in the Personal Information section of the secondary?
Same issue for me.. Sent them an email we'll see if they figure it out. Used 3 different browsers on 2 computers to see if it was a comp thing, guess not?

To take or not to take CASPER?

I'm not planning on taking it, unless something or someone convinces me otherwise. Tulane is the only school on my list that takes it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Do they screen applicants? I was under the impression that all applicants receive a secondary. I haven't gotten one yet, but I'm OOS.

Also, I am sending them the CASPer, but mainly because two other schools required it, so I figured I might as well add Tulane as well.

Do they screen applicants? I was under the impression that all applicants receive a secondary. I haven't gotten one yet, but I'm OOS.

Also, I am sending them the CASPer, but mainly because two other schools required it, so I figured I might as well add Tulane as well.

Yeah I havent gotten anything either

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Submitted the secondary but the letters of recommendation section is still marked as incomplete. I have a committee letter that was submitted to AMCAS and marked as received, and I have double checked that I assigned Tulane to this letter... anyone else having a similar issue?

Submitted the secondary but the letters of recommendation section is still marked as incomplete. I have a committee letter that was submitted to AMCAS and marked as received, and I have double checked that I assigned Tulane to this letter... anyone else having a similar issue?
once you submit and they send you an email for completion confirmation, that should go away. I had the same issue.

For this, is everyone literally listing or are you guys sort of explaining in paragraph form?

I want to elaborate on some positions but don't want to fatigue them.

Anyone else still not receive their secondary?

Reactions: 2 users
Cool cool. Since we're not alone, I'm not really concerned.

Anyone know how Tulane sends out its secondaries? I was complete before 6/30.

Nevermind, just received my secondary email 10 minutes ago lol.