2016-2017 Tulane University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted today!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how we go about doing immunizations/drug tests/etc? I figured that info may be in the acceptance packet but also am paranoid that I'll miss a deadline lol

Does anyone know how we go about doing immunizations/drug tests/etc? I figured that info may be in the acceptance packet but also am paranoid that I'll miss a deadline lol

One thing you'll learn about Tulane very quickly is that if you miss a deadline, they'll just give you another one. And if you miss that one, there's another that follows.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone considered the MD/MBA program? The 4 year program is the one I am really wondering about.

If you are a future student who is going to pursue this, what propelled you toward the decision?

If there are any current students on this thread who either have experience with classmates in the program, or better yet are getting the MD/MBA, I would love to hear about the experience.

Thanks!

I called the admissions office about the immunizations and they said to have it completed before class starts lol. If you search "immunizations" on the school website, you should be able to find the form specifically for the medical students.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
There is an addendum form on their financial aid website that you are supposed to complete. If you logon to Gibson, you can see what requirements you have fulfilled and what else you need to do.

I'm confused on the addendum, it asks to select "never enrolled" or "active student". Does this just mean new student vs someone coming from a different tulane program, respectively?

I'm confused on the addendum, it asks to select "never enrolled" or "active student". Does this just mean new student vs someone coming from a different tulane program, respectively?
I put never enrolled. I think it meant enrolled at Tulane specifically.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if there has been waitlist movement at all?

Doea anyone know how long it takes for financial aid packages to be released? Got an acceptance email about a month ago, and I logged into Gibson, but there's no award info.

Accepted by email this morning! Interviewed 2/21. I am a reapplicant and this is my first MD acceptance. Over the moon right now!

Reactions: 18 users
Anyone here doing the MD/MPH and plan on starting in June?

Last edited:
Accepted here today and I'm so happy thanks Tulane <3

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone try to pay the 100$ deposit lately, I clicked the link and it wouldn't let me pay

Has anyone been able to see their financial aid package? I got an email saying it was available but nothing is posted on gibson...

Interviewing at Tulane was one of the best experiences I've had. I loved the school, New Orleans, and the overall vibe I felt from the students and faculty. It was my first MD acceptance and I would have been thrilled to go here. However, I received an acceptance at my dream school and will reluctantly be withdrawing from Tulane. Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewing at Tulane was one of the best experiences I've had. I loved the school, New Orleans, and the overall vibe I felt from the students and faculty. It was my first MD acceptance and I would have been thrilled to go here. However, I received an acceptance at my dream school and will reluctantly be withdrawing from Tulane. Best of luck to you all!
congrats on getting into your top choice! Good luck!

Can any current students speak to the value of the MD/MPH? I know students in the program say it helps with achieving your top match choices but I'm wondering if I can do that without taking on the extra debt

Reactions: 2 users
Is Tulane receptive to letter's of intent?? Currently on the waitlist, and Tulane is my top school

Is Tulane receptive to letter's of intent?? Currently on the waitlist, and Tulane is my top school
I heard they are very receptive to letters of intent! Some of the students I talked to say that's the reason they got off the wait list.

For people who have been accepted off the waitlist, how have you been notified? Email or phone?

Also, has anyone received calls from Tulane for reasons other than admission? I missed a call from a number that was from Tulane and it won't allow me to call back. And admissions is clueless.

For people who have been accepted off the waitlist, how have you been notified? Email or phone?

Also, has anyone received calls from Tulane for reasons other than admission? I missed a call from a number that was from Tulane and it won't allow me to call back. And admissions is clueless.

You asked admissions if they called you but didn't also ask if they ever call students or ask if they've started pulling people off the waitlist?

Accepted into the MD/MPH program! Email about ~30mins ago. Said they would be mailing letters too.

After eating many slices of cake, I have decided to painfully turn down my acceptance offer from Tulane.

Reactions: 2 users
You asked admissions if they called you but didn't also ask if they ever call students or ask if they've started pulling people off the waitlist?

I didn't just ask "Hey guys, did you call me?" I actually did ask them how they contact students for movement off the waitlist and they said email and continued to explain the situation and they were clueless. I asked because I want to see if other students have had similar situations happen to them. I think I wouldn't be asking here if I didn't already ask what I needed to know.

In past year's threads people have reported contacting Dr. Beckman with letters of intent. Has anybody tried to do that this year? I sent her one but have not heard anything back.

In past year's threads people have reported contacting Dr. Beckman with letters of intent. Has anybody tried to do that this year? I sent her one but have not heard anything back.
Dr. Beckman is no longer the dean of admissions, there is a new dean

Has anyone originally placed on acceptance range received an acceptance yet?

Very tough decision, but just withdrew my seat from Tulane. Good luck to those waiting!

I've been putting my post-waitlist updates on the application portal. Is this correct or should I be emailing them to the admissions office? Just want to be sure.

I've been putting my post-waitlist updates on the application portal. Is this correct or should I be emailing them to the admissions office? Just want to be sure.

When I called the admissions office, they told me to upload through the portal! :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

i sent her one last week and she replied with a thank you

Does any one know if I were to do the MD/MPH would I be able to do research in another field? I am not sure if my interest in Infectious Diseases will change and don't want to get pigeonholed into one thing.

It broke my heart a little, but I just withdrew my acceptance from Tulane. I hope one of you still waiting to hear back gets it!