2016-2017 Indiana University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It was thru snail mail! Im in Florida. I got into the terre haute campus and I had 3.8 gpa and 506

Well seriously congratulations! Glad there was some movement!
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS got it through snail mail too! Got Terre Haute campus gpa 3.5 and mcat 510

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you accepted off of the alternate list, have either of your portals updated?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone been able to access the Academic Record and Legal Disclosure Form on the portal? If so, could you attach a copy? I cant seem to find it. Thanks!

I was sent the following from admissions:

"The Academic Record and Legal Disclosure Form is available in the portal. Please access your portal (Application Status > Sign In) to print a copy and mail the completed form to the Admissions Office at:
IUSM Office of Admissions and Student Financial Services
1130 West Michigan Street
Fesler Hall 213
Indianapolis, IN 46202

Electronic versions of the form will not be accepted.

Accepted students must complete this form and return it to the Admissions Office within 30 days. Failure to comply may result in one of the following actions: delayed enrollment, withdrawal of acceptance, or dismissal from medical school.

With Many Thanks,

Indiana University
School of Medicine
Office of Admissions"

I called today and she told me that they are still mailing letters. We just have to continue to have hope! :)

That's good news! I'll keep my fingers crossed. When do you think they'll send out their last acceptances? Or in other words...when can I start losing hope? :joyful:

That's good news! I'll keep my fingers crossed. When do you think they'll send out their last acceptances? Or in other words...when can I start losing hope? :joyful:

They have until the week before classes start!
Hopeful news though! Wish they would just call or email lol

Members don't see this ad :)
They have until the week before classes start!
Hopeful news though! Wish they would just call or email lol

I wish they would call too. That's why I called to ask because I thought maybe they were calling now since it's late but it's still letters in the mail she said!

I wish they would call too. That's why I called to ask because I thought maybe they were calling now since it's late but it's still letters in the mail she said!

Hahah then it takes even longer to find out and less time to move . Oh well. I would still be extremely grateful for an acceptance, at any point in time!

Hahah then it takes even longer to find out and less time to move . Oh well. I would still be extremely grateful for an acceptance, at any point in time!

Me too! I was just happy to hear that things are still happening! Hopefully someone hears something by the end of this week!

Damn its gonna suck for you guys to get all those modules and immunizations done before class start. That's messed up lol

So I just got my acceptance today at Terre Haute. Does anyone know if students stay there all 4 years or if they transfer after 2 years? This is pretty awesome by the way.

So I just got my acceptance today at Terre Haute. Does anyone know if students stay there all 4 years or if they transfer after 2 years? This is pretty awesome by the way.

I'm at the Terre Haute campus as well. You can move to Indy for your third and fourth year!

Is terre haute a nice area? I'm generally just curious because I'm not from Indiana.

I would say it's a small and quite area, hence the rural program. It's right by ISU so there's that small campus atmosphere.

Haven't lived there, but been there a few times

Reactions: 2 users
I got an acceptance via phone yesterday! OOS from CT, w/504 mcat, 3.5 gpa. For Terre Haute also

I got an acceptance via phone yesterday! OOS from CT, w/504 mcat, 3.5 gpa. For Terre Haute also
Congratulations! I feel like all the acceptances have been for OOS and into terre haute.

Did any of you guys who have been accepted sent in extra LOR or other letters of intent after being waitlisted?

Last edited:
Accepted!!! IS and not the Terre Haute campus.

Congratulations! I feel like all the acceptances have been for OOS and into terre haute.

Did any of you guys who have been accepted sent in extra LOR or other letters of intent after being waitlisted?

Thank you!! I did send an update/letter of intent

Do you guys know anything about the curriculum, pass/fail, how many days a week in class, are classes mandatory etc? IV el been so out of the loop because I never thought they would actually call me so I concentrated on getting my stuff together for UIC.

Do you guys know anything about the curriculum, pass/fail, how many days a week in class, are classes mandatory etc? IV el been so out of the loop because I never thought they would actually call me so I concentrated on getting my stuff together for UIC.

Congratulations! Did you just get in? Are you oos?

Congrats!! From what I was told, this varies based on what campus you were placed at. What campus are you at?

Congrats!! From what I was told, this varies based on what campus you were placed at. What campus are you at?

Terre Haute campus. I thought the new curriculum was supposed to unify all campuses.

How likely is it that this school accepts you off of the alternate list if you have been accepted to another school already? Can they see that before they accept you?

Hi there, MS2 here. The curriculum is pass/fail which is nice. Lectures are not mandatory but small group is (they are case based discussions, so worth going to regardless). Classes are scheduled 5 days per week usually about 4 hours per day. Lemme know if you have any other questions. Congrats on getting in!

Hi there, MS2 here. The curriculum is pass/fail which is nice. Lectures are not mandatory but small group is (they are case based discussions, so worth going to regardless). Classes are scheduled 5 days per week usually about 4 hours per day. Lemme know if you have any other questions. Congrats on getting in!
Is the dress code enforced at every lecture, do yo have to dress business casual everyday or only certain days?

Is the dress code enforced at every lecture, do yo have to dress business casual everyday or only certain days?
At my campus, they told us to wear business casual on FCP days when we are seeing patients in the hospital, and that jeans are okay on other days.