2016-2017 Indiana University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They said that they cannot call/email us, but just check the portal! Anyone hear of movement yet?
Did they give any indication as to when people should start to hear back from them?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For anyone that sent in transcripts, have your portals been updated yet? Mine still has not.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone that sent in transcripts, have your portals been updated yet? Mine still has not.

I sent in 3 transcripts and the one that was sent first has been updated in my portal. I sent it last week.

I sent in 3 transcripts and the one that was sent first has been updated in my portal. I sent it last week.

Mine was sent in around 2 weeks ago. I asked if they received them and they sent an email stating they had.
However, still no update on my portal.
Just slightly concerning lol.

Last edited:
I'm surprised we still haven't seen any movement on the WL this year. Last year they started hearing back around the 9th of June

Does any one know if our email address through IU should be working already? Mine is not. And about how long did you wait for IU health to email you letting you know they received and reviewed your health packet?

Does any one know if our email address through IU should be working already? Mine is not. And about how long did you wait for IU health to email you letting you know they received and reviewed your health packet?
My IU email is working, but I have been receiving all of the emails to my personal email instead. It took IU Health about 10 days to email me back about the immunization stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you guys don't mind me asking, what were your stats? For alternate list and the accepted students

I think it's just frustrating that you can't get any information when you call. I'm not even sure if letters have been mailed yet. All they will tell me is that for this time of year acceptances go out through the mail until July 1st then they call.

Last edited:
If you guys don't mind me asking, what were your stats? For alternate list and the accepted students

I'm alternate with LizzyM 69 and IS. I wonder if the class has been overfilled and that's why there hasn't been any waitlist movement?

I'm alternate with LizzyM 69 and IS. I wonder if the class has been overfilled and that's why there hasn't been any waitlist movement?

Don't know about overfilling. But my Lizzy M is also 69 with a huge upward trend in gpa!

Good luck everyone. I really hope for news soon!!

Reactions: 1 users
Another week goes by with no updates... at this rate it'll be July before we know anything. Are the spots full already or are they just slower this year :confused:

Another week goes by with no updates... at this rate it'll be July before we know anything. Are the spots full already or are they just slower this year :confused:

No idea man. Just remember we are all in the same boat here. No one seems to have heard anything.
My advice, relax and just let the process happen!

Reactions: 2 users
Is there a separate column for transcript in yall's application portal? Because in mine there isn't and when I emailed to ask if they received it, I didn't get a real answer.

That is weird! I emailed and called and both people told me that mine had been received and processed.

At this point I feel like all movement will be in July.

Agree! That's what I'm thinking.

Also as for transcripts, mine doesn't have a separate section for transcipts, but did have a pre req section. Mine took forever to get processed. Just got done last week.

Agree! That's what I'm thinking.

Also as for transcripts, mine doesn't have a separate section for transcipts, but did have a pre req section. Mine took forever to get processed. Just got done last week.

Where's the pre-req section on your portal? Mine doesn't have that.

First line says "pre requisite courses have been met" then has a check mark

I have a pre req section in mine but that had been marked off for months now. And I just sent in my transcript last week so that doesn't make sense lol

My roommate just got notified of availability at the indianapolis campus through the 2nd chance lottery, just a heads up.

It also shows there are some spaces available, if people can be moved around!

I'm sorry guys. That is legit awesome for the friend, but I'm afraid it's not for all of us. Ade Posted this

Attachments

• IMG_7990.jpg
    IMG_7990.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 176
I'm sorry guys. That is legit awesome for the friend, but I'm afraid it's not for all of us. Ade Posted this
Does that means all the spots are full and no room for alternate list people? Or does it mean people who have been already accepted can't move around their campuses anymore and there is still space for alternate list? I hope it's the latter :)

Does that means all the spots are full and no room for alternate list people? Or does it mean people who have been already accepted can't move around their campuses anymore and there is still space for alternate list? I hope it's the latter :)

Oh it's just for students that have already been placed at campuses! Alternate list students still have plenty of time for movement!

Got my acceptance letter today!!! Accepted off the alternate list. IS. Neither of my portals have updated.

Reactions: 7 users
Got my acceptance letter today!!! Accepted off the alternate list. IS. Neither of my portals have updated.
Congratulations! Happy to hear of the 1st alternate to get accepted so far. Hopefully this sparks a big movement!!

Mind sharing your stats to see if I even have a chance?

Is the dress code pretty much business casual? And does the dress code apply for orientation?

Reactions: 1 users
And I said he just moved to a different campus due to 2nd chance lottery last Thursday? lol

I know right isn't this whole process just a mess -.- still happy for him!!! but just yikes @ communication as a whole this cycle

Accepted! OOS...super crazy. Anyone know if there still are any scholarships available? Kinda crazying with everything last minute

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted! OOS...super crazy. Anyone know if there still are any scholarships available? Kinda crazying with everything last minute

Congratulations!! How did you find out?
Did it give campus assignment?

That's awesome! Congratulations!! Did they call you or was it through mail?

If you don't mind me asking which state are you in? I'm also out of state as well.

And congratulations!!

It was thru snail mail! Im in Florida. I got into the terre haute campus and I had 3.8 gpa and 506