2016-2017 Emory University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Emory is at trolling level of 100000 right now. Sending people Financial aid e-mails when we haven't gotten an II. Hahaha. Yesterday was my birthday, so I thought I was waking up today to a lovely birthday present (*cough cough an II cough*). But nope. Just woke up to a few minutes of confusion. hahahaha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Think it was error or did they actually think sending that email to applicants pre-invite was a good idea ? lol

Reactions: 1 user
Hoping it's a pre-invite and not a pre-rejection.

Reactions: 9 users
I got the email post interview (havent been accepted though) if anyone is wondering

Another financial aid email but still no II... Merry Christmas to you too, Emory!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 20 users
I was hoping that this email was an indication of an inbound II... but apparently that's not the case :(

Reactions: 4 users
Haha it was odd telling me I was "missing" something. How is that possible?

Reactions: 4 users
Some people I know didnt get it, but I highly doubt it means anything because I don't think this many more people are going to get IIs this late in the cycle but guess you never know haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Some people I know didnt get it, but I highly doubt it means anything because I don't think this many more people are going to get IIs this late in the cycle but guess you never know haha

I think if just depends on whether you included Emory on your FAFSA.

Sent from my LGMS631 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I think if just depends on whether you included Emory on your FAFSA.

Sent from my LGMS631 using SDN mobile
I don't think so. Haven't filled out the FAFSA and I got both emails over the past couple of days. (and no II either)

I don't think so. Haven't filled out the FAFSA and I got both emails over the past couple of days. (and no II either)
Exactly-if you didn't fill out the FAFSA and include Emory, then you got an email.

Exactly-if you didn't fill out the FAFSA and include Emory, then you got an email.
Ahhh....I misread your earlier post -- thought you meant it only went to those who INCLUDED Emory on their FAFSA.

Anyone planning on reaching out to admissions to see what these e-mails mean? I received both e-mails, one on 12/23 and again on 12/25. I did not fill out FAFSA and no II yet. I was thinking of e-mailing admissions, but I know Emory does not want us to contact the Office of Admissions for status updates -- so I haven't quite decided yet.

Anyone planning on reaching out to admissions to see what these e-mails mean? I received both e-mails, one on 12/23 and again on 12/25. I did not fill out FAFSA and no II yet. I was thinking of e-mailing admissions, but I know Emory does not want us to contact the Office of Admissions for status updates -- so I haven't quite decided yet.
I don't think it means anything

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

... did anyone else get it post interview /pre decision?

... did anyone else get it post interview /pre decision?
I actually got an email saying the my financial aid application was started. Then a few days later I got an email saying the application was incomplete. All post-interview.

Could anyone weigh in on my chances at getting in here? I already have an II schedule. My stats are 520/3.5, Trad.

Last edited:
Could anyone weigh in on my chances at getting in here? I already have an II schedule. My stats are 519/3.5, Trad.

Based on numbers, yeah. The MCAT definitely compensates for the 3.5 GPA, which is bellow their 3.8 average.

Hopefully you have some good ECs and rock that interview.

As far as updates go, is it worth sending an updated transcript for fall grades if we haven't received an II yet? My gpa hasn't changed (3.98), but I wasn't sure if schools expect updates on new grades. I love Emory so I'm still holding out hope for an interview!

Reactions: 2 users
Patiently waiting since July.
Hope the New Year brings a II from here.

Reactions: 19 users
Has anyone complete in late August gotten a II yet? If so, congrats and stats?

Ok Emory I got the fasa email now all I need is a II.;)

Hey guys,

I am an M1 at Emory. First of all, congrats on getting this far! The craziness is almost over....well at least for a bit.

If you have been accepted to Emory! YAY! That is terrific and I hope you will choose to come here; I am sure you are fantastic people if Ira let you in.

Below is a link to the Facebook group for those of you have been accepted. Hopefully you can start meeting some of your future classmates. Moving forward, this will also be a place where we will post events, roommate finding forms, and tips about Emory and Atlanta. Keep an eye for updates!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/eusom2021/

Happy application cycle!

P.S. If you have any questions about Emory, medical school, or what those emails mean (honestly, it is just an automated thing to remind people to complete their financial aid information; unfortunately it does not have anything to do with your application status), please do no hesitate! Happy to give you an honest answer!

For those of us, have not heard anything, does it mean the game is over, no chance?

For those of us, have not heard anything, does it mean the game is over, no chance?

It's probably less now, but their site doe say they offer interviews through late February! So still a chance :)

Sorry, soon to be applicant here. What exactly is a II? Is it just an interview?

I have a couple of questions about my upcoming interview. First, what is the interview dress code? I'm assuming a suit, but since I've heard some schools are doing business casual, I figure it's worth asking. Second, Emory offered an overnight stay with a current medical student. This sounds like a great opportunity to learn about the school and save money, but would accepting this mean potentially sleeping on a couch/air mattress before interview day? Finally, does Emory have a secure place to store a backpack/valuables throughout the day?

Thanks!

I have a couple of questions about my upcoming interview. First, what is the interview dress code? I'm assuming a suit, but since I've heard some schools are doing business casual, I figure it's worth asking. Second, Emory offered an overnight stay with a current medical student. This sounds like a great opportunity to learn about the school and save money, but would accepting this mean potentially sleeping on a couch/air mattress before interview day? Finally, does Emory have a secure place to store a backpack/valuables throughout the day?

Thanks!

Hi TheRevenant,

I would play it safe and dress formally, but try to get a comfortable suit because the interview day is long at Emory.

I would personally recommend staying with a host-- the students are super nice, and you can ask them questions about the school and interview day. But yes, if you stay with a host, you may potentially sleep on a couch or airbed. My host with whom I stayed prepared an extra mattress.

On interview day, the admissions office has a cubicle-like space with cubbies for interviewees to access throughout the day.

Good luck!!

Another financial aid email mistaken for an II!

Reactions: 6 users
I don't understand why they keep sending financial aid info when I haven't been interviewed and likely won't be admitted to the school.

Reactions: 10 users
I don't understand why they keep sending financial aid info when I haven't been interviewed and likely won't be admitted to the school.
Must be their way of testing for a massive wave of rejections.
Brown did the same thing by sending out complete emails only followed later on by rejections.
Hoping for the best but bracing for the worst.:(

its honestly really disrespectful IMHO

Completely agree. Also confuses me because my schools premed adviser told me it's too early to do financial aid stuff so I'm confused how documents could be missing

I'm getting these emails too. Has anyone contacted the admissions office to find out what it's all about?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

sooo is this something that we might need to take immediate action on? or do you guys think it's sort of a reminder email type of thing?