2016-2017 Emory University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To those that have been accepted - Are snail mail acceptances mailed out on the actual acceptance dates or before the acceptance dates?

Last edited:
does anybody know roughly how many applicants are accepted on each acceptance date?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how many interview dates they have left? :shrug:

Reactions: 2 users
To those that have been accepted - Are snail mail acceptances mailed out on the actual acceptance dates or before the acceptance dates?

Edit: Mine was stamped on the acceptance day, which was 4 days before the portal update. I waited 4-5 days after the portal update to receive the snail mail.

If I want to submit a second update through the website, should I erase all the information in the box from my previous update or keep it there?

Just got an II for here - never in a million years would I have dreamed of even getting one let alone turning it down but I can't justify more interviews after UWash acceptance (IS tuition) - hoping it goes to someone else who wouldn't have expected it at all

Reactions: 12 users
Just got an II for here - never in a million years would I have dreamed of even getting one let alone turning it down but I can't justify more interviews after UWash acceptance (IS tuition) - hoping it goes to someone else who wouldn't have expected it at all
I just sent an update letter so maybe me??? But congrats on your acceptance, it's a fantastic position to be in...still waiting for someone to love me :(

I just sent an update letter so maybe me??? But congrats on your acceptance, it's a fantastic position to be in...still waiting for someone to love me :(
I definitely didn't think I would ever be here after last years cycle - but you will get here too (and it won't take you two cycles) and you will feel amazing- you deserve it

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!! Mind sharing when you were complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
But I think I made up for it with strong ECs+strong research+MCAT, but if things were based on GPA alone I shouldn't have even applied MD at all

Reactions: 2 users
But I think I made up for it with strong ECs+strong research+MCAT, but if things were based on GPA alone I shouldn't have even applied MD at all
Did they give you an interview date? Or did you see what date were available before withdrawing??

Congratulations, mind sharing how high is your MCAT score?

Thanks! Complete on November 8, Stats: also high MCAT and lower GPA
Congrats! Does anyone know if they send out all II's at the same time on a one day? Hoping for one but I was complete very early :(

I hope so. I was also complete very early and haven't heard anything. Weird silence here, I grew up in the area and I loved Emory since high school

In the same boat over here!

I hope so. I was also complete very early and haven't heard anything. Weird silence here, I grew up in the area and I loved Emory since high school
I feel like I see you on every forum LOL

Hey for those of you waiting for the Dec 19th acceptances anyone have the acceptance tab show up on the portal yet?

Anyone know how long it takes for the portal to get the update if you're accepted?

Check your portals guys!!!!!
Accepted interviewed early to mid December!

EDIT: Received the acceptance letter in the mail last night!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Check your portals guys!!!!!
Accepted interviewed early to mid December!

Accepted, I think?
it says "(The following offer is valid for applicants who have received an official acceptance letter in the mail.)"
does that mean i should wait for the mail before accepting the offer?

Accepted, I think?
it says "(The following offer is valid for applicants who have received an official acceptance letter in the mail.)"

Well I'm at work so I can't leave home to check if the letter is in the mail, but I'll update my post once I receive the official letter.

Accepted, I think?

When did you interview?

Accepted, I think?

I personally am going to wait for the mailed acceptance letter, but I think we are good to go!

I personally am going to wait for the mailed acceptance letter, but I think we are good to go!

Yea! I just got the mail, didn't expect it to arrive in just a day. You will prob get yours soon too.

II this morning! LizzyM ~70, application complete early July. First dates available were Jan. 23 and 27!

Reactions: 8 users
*fingers crossed* for all the people, like myself, waiting desperately for II, January will be OUR MONTH. I believe in all of you guys.

Reactions: 11 users
Email from Emory...turns out to be just a "how to apply for financial aid" email.......sighhhhhhh

Reactions: 16 users
Email from Emory...turns out to be just a "how to apply for financial aid" email.......sighhhhhhh
I saw an email from Emory from their financial aid office with the word "admission" in it. I thought to myself "omg did I get accepted to Emory? They're asking me for financial aid and I think I just got a congrats on your application for admission!"

Then I remembered I never ****ing interviewed at Emory. This is why my ******* didn't get an II in the first place.

I'm going to bed.

Reactions: 33 users
+1 with the fakeout....except I read it right when I woke up so I was extra confused

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 11 users

"This communication in no way implies admission "

THEN DON'T EMAIL ME!

You're playing with my heart Emory :/

Reactions: 7 users