2016-2017 Emory University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are there any more acceptance releases left?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Just FYI I called the admissions office and they said that they haven't pinned down a weekend for second look, but it will probably be sometime in early April. The person I spoke to said they have a hard time synching it up with when the students are free/not taking a bunch of exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
II today, complete early August. Interview is Monday so I would appreciate any tips or insight!

Reactions: 10 users
Hello Emory:hello:
Waiting for a II but bracing for a rejection.:(
Getting near the end here.

Reactions: 5 users
Today is the next decision day if I recall correctly. Anyone get any good news?

Reactions: 2 users
Today is the next decision day if I recall correctly. Anyone get any good news?
The letters are sent out today but it isn't until noon the next day do the portals update. Letters take a bit longer in the mail.

The letters are sent out today but it isn't until noon the next day do the portals update. Letters take a bit longer in the mail.

Is there lag in the update for the portals too? Or are the portals supposed to be updated the day the letters are sent out?

Also, today is a USPS holiday, so it's likely they'll be sent tomorrow instead.

Reactions: 1 user
Also, today is a USPS holiday, so it's likely they'll be sent tomorrow instead.
Yeah, which makes me wonder whether they took this into account when determining the dates? Will they still update the portal tomorrow?

The letters are sent out today but it isn't until noon do the portals update. Letters take a bit longer in the mail.
Yeah, which makes me wonder whether they took this into account when determining the dates? Will they still update the portal tomorrow?

I dont think that should effect portal updates. Pretty sure the portal update is the actual way and the letter is the legal written confirmation. From what i was told. Sometimes the letters actually get sent out later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing here. I don't know if that's bad news or if it hasn't been updated yet.

Same here! This would be the first decision date I could hear back at, but so far my portal is unchanged...not sure when to stop checking!

Reactions: 1 users
Same here! This would be the first decision date I could hear back at, but so far my portal is unchanged...not sure when to stop checking!

Same! nothing on my end either

Reactions: 3 users
Still no one? Hmm

Nope. Nothing on my end at least. Looks like there are at least four or five of us waiting. So either we're a particularly unlucky cohort or we have some more waiting to do.

Nope. Nothing on my end at least. Looks like there are at least four or five of us waiting. So either we're a particularly unlucky cohort or we have some more waiting to do.

Yeah my fingers are getting sore from hitting refresh. Hoping they are just waiting to update it.

I wonder if this has anything to do with USPS not delivering mail yesterday... Has anyone checked their mailbox yet? No update for me in portal either.

Making sure I understand properly: letters of acceptance (no other decision) are mailed out on specific dates (yesterday and the next being March 13th), and portals for those accepted are updated the following day at noon?

Making sure I understand properly: letters of acceptance (no other decision) are mailed out on specific dates (yesterday and the next being March 13th), and portals for those accepted are updated the following day at noon?
Well the only thing I can say for sure is that letters of acceptance are mailed out on the specified dates. The portals being updated at noon the following day has been purely anecdotal based on SDN posts on previous dates.

My II from here is missing in action.:eek:
Think it went awol from all the waiting.:laugh:

Well the only thing I can say for sure is that letters of acceptance are mailed out on the specified dates. The portals being updated at noon the following day has been purely anecdotal based on SDN posts on previous dates.
The update at noon thing is definitely true. My letter of acceptance said something along the lines of "beginning on __/__/2017 at noon, you may log into the portal to reserve your spot," meaning if you are accepted, your status will change at noon on whatever day it is that they're changing it (which was the day after decision date). Since literally no one reported a change today, maybe the holiday pushed everything back a day, so maybe hope for a status change tomorrow?

The update at noon thing is definitely true. My letter of acceptance said something along the lines of "beginning on __/__/2017 at noon, you may log into the portal to reserve your spot," meaning if you are accepted, your status will change at noon on whatever day it is that they're changing it (which was the day after decision date). Since literally no one reported a change today, maybe the holiday pushed everything back a day, so maybe hope for a status change tomorrow?
UPDATE*** i called admissions today!! and when i asked if the portal update is delayed and she responded " that is highly possible and likely however I cannot say much else about acceptances over the phone"

Last edited:
Check your portals everyone!

I just looked and it appears that I just got my first acceptance to a medical school!! About to start crying at work...

Reactions: 14 users
Check your portals everyone!

I just looked and it appears that I just got my first acceptance to a medical school!! About to start crying at work...

Congrats!! And yep, my portal has updated as well!

No portal update, Emory undergrad, I'm guessing that this is a going to turn into a waitlist decsion

I'm just so heartbroken because, although I have options for med school, this means ending a relationship that I really don't want to end.

Accepted too!! My first one, crying... Congratulations everyone! For those still waiting, don't lose hope! :)

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted too!! My first one, crying... Congratulations everyone! For those still waiting, don't lose hope! :)
Though simple, your post was genuine and very relatable. Consider me inspired! Congratulations :)

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to those accepted! Looks like I was passed over this time around, here's hoping for March 13th :)

Does anyone know if there's a facebook page yet?

Is there anyone else who did not even get an interview at Emory yet keeps getting "missing financial aid information" emails? This is annoying the hell out of me.

Reactions: 19 users
Is there anyone else who did not even get an interview at Emory yet keeps getting "missing financial aid information" emails? This is annoying the hell out of me.
I've received about 4 of those emails. No II yet...

Reactions: 4 users
Last Emory interview date is tomorrow
Thought they interview till mid march.
Guess they filled their class.
Prepping the rest of us with rejections by sending out multiple financial aid emails.
Just lovely Emory:eyebrow:

Thought they interview till mid march.
Guess they filled their class.
Prepping the rest of us with rejections by sending out multiple financial aid emails.
Just lovely Emory:eyebrow:

Could be possible -- when I had access to the calendar, the last slot was 2/28. This was a few weeks back though.

Edit: just looked at the calendar -- no dates are available.

Got the boot. Rejection pre II.
Bye Emory.