2016-2017 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Truth. Except my other acceptance is in Israel, so I'm swimming in visa paperwork, immunization requirements, and summer homework atm and just need to know either way. :D
just out of curiosity, have you called to ask about a timeline for a decision?

Members don't see this ad.

just out of curiosity, have you called to ask about a timeline for a decision?

I called last Monday just to check on my application, and all I was told was that the committee hadn't yet reached a decision. I'm planning to call again at the end of this week and be sliiiiightly more pushy about asking when the next meeting is, etc. But I don't want to get on their bad side.

Reactions: 1 user
I called this morning to check on my waitlist status. The secretary told me they are still accepting people from the late interviews in April. She said their waitlist movement usually happens late June into July. Their waitlist is ranked & they will not disclose your ranking.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I called this morning to check on my waitlist status. The secretary told me they are still accepting people from the late interviews in April. She said their waitlist movement usually happens late June into July. Their waitlist is ranked & they will not disclose your ranking.

Womp womp :\

But thanks for calling and asking! At least we have some sort of timeline

Waitlisted this morning via email. OOS and interviewed late March. Hoping for some movement off the waitlist ASAP lol

If anyone is looking for roommates
( preferably female) I just put a hold on a nice newly renovated apt minutes away from campus. PM for additional details or questions!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone think not having the Hepatitis B vaccine complete by the first day of class will cause them to rescind an acceptance?

Does anyone know if Drexel requires incoming students to take a drug test?

Hoping this week brings good news for us April interviewees!

I called last Monday just to check on my application, and all I was told was that the committee hadn't yet reached a decision. I'm planning to call again at the end of this week and be sliiiiightly more pushy about asking when the next meeting is, etc. But I don't want to get on their bad side.
just curious if you have heard back yet and if not, have you called to inquire haha

Members don't see this ad :)
They meet this Thursday to decide about April interviewees?

Well, my impression is that they meet Thursday to discuss whoever is at the top of the pile. When I asked for an updated decision timeline and told the woman in admissions that my interview was 9 weeks ago, she said "Well, they meet again on Thursday so you could hear something within the next week or two."

yeah i just called also and the lady said i should hear back within these next 2 weeks (I interviewed mid april)

yeah i just called also and the lady said i should hear back within these next 2 weeks (I interviewed mid april)

Great news! Thankfully I'm in finals mode until Thursday, so I'll have plenty to keep me busy. :laugh:

I know we'll get more information later this month, but does anyone know if stethoscopes are included in our tuition or we have to buy one ourselves?

*any accepted [female] students looking to live in center city area?? I'm a pretty laid back person and would love to get to know you non-anonymously =) PM me!

I know we'll get more information later this month, but does anyone know if stethoscopes are included in our tuition or we have to buy one ourselves?

Pretty sure we have to buy our own.

Does anyone know if Drexel requires incoming students to take a drug test?

Nope. But i would take care of that before school starts.

You must buy one yourself. I just finished MS1 and got by the entire year without one.

IMG_4993.JPG

Today's the day!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know what time they usually send out the emails (in EST)? Getting tired of jumping at each inbox notification!

@Jongch, I do not think there is a typical time. Mine came in around 10 am.

Does anyone know if there is an ipad/computer requirement for this incoming class? I thought there was one last year but I did not see anything for this year.

Waitlisted yesterday morning. Interviewed first week of april. Sitting on multiple waitlists and no acceptances. Doesn't feel good

Waitlisted yesterday morning. Interviewed first week of april. Sitting on multiple waitlists and no acceptances. Doesn't feel good

I absolutely understand how you feel, I was in the same position last cycle. Don't lost hope. This is the time when you're going to send letters of interest and updates to all your waitlists and if there's a school that's your absolute number 1 no matter what happens send that school a letter of intent stating you'll absolutely attend if accepted. It's not over until it's over! Keep fighting friend. And I hope Drexel accepts you soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I have a feeling we'll find out on a Friday since the meetings are on Thursday haha best of luck! Hope today or tomorrow brings you good news!

True. I woke up feeling hella optimistic though, so I'm rolling with it. :)

Hoping for the best for you! Did you happen to notice any status change on your portal before receiving the decision?

FYI: Decisions from yesterday's meeting have not yet been handed over to admissions. Emails could come anytime (even over the weekend), and the committee is likely to meet again on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

FYI: Decisions from yesterday's meeting have not yet been handed over to admissions. Emails could come anytime (even over the weekend), and the committee is likely to meet again on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.
oo did admissions tell you that? lmao drexel pls dont do us like that

Would calling to check on my application status help to show my interest or would the admissions committee probably not want that? Waitlisted on 5/5

Was accepted last Friday!!! Interviewed 1/19, waitlisted 3/24. Letters of intent really help as well as showing interest (but you don't want to be annoying). Good luck to everyone else waiting. I should also note I was one of their master's students.

Reactions: 4 users
Any April interviewees out there gotten word? I'm starting to think we were just for show....

This Thursday is supposedly their last committee meeting for the year, so at the latest y'all should hear something next week (hopefully)

Does that include decisions for waitlisted folks?

Interviewed April 10th. Haven't heard anything yet.

Just wondering - has anyone this late in the cycle received an outright acceptance (without ever being put on the waitlist)?

Just wondering - has anyone this late in the cycle received an outright acceptance (without ever being put on the waitlist)?
Wondering the same thing

Latest I have heard getting an outright acceptance is late March. So I was feeling hopeful. Now I have transitioned into wild mood swings. (See Figure 1 - Graph of emotions in the past 24 hours.)
New Note.png

Wondering the same thing
Makes me wonder if it would have been a much wiser choice to select the earliest interview date possible when I had the option. Looks like some late March people have heard but almost no one from April.

I would imagine there to be more movements after this week since they can now focus on the waitlist.

The waitlist is ranked, so at that point they should be able to just accept folks in order as spots become available.

I don't see the harm in just telling ppl their rank if your going to have a massive waitlist.