2016-2017 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an acceptance after about a month after interviewing on 4/7. It's possible, they might just not be sending out wl notifications at this point. Really rooting for you guys, movement at other schools is happening, which means more wl movement at Drexel!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I called again yesterday I was told I should hear back "by next week probably"

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted Monday (6/12)! Interviewed 4/17 :)

Will be declining my acceptance this week as I got into my top choice today =) I hope that this can bring one of you as much happiness as someone else brought me today!

Reactions: 5 users
Rejected today by mail.

Applied 8/23
Interviewed 4/3

Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OMG ACCEPTED! FIRST MD ACCEPTANCE!

interviewed 4/17...accepted 6/16

yes, it is possible to get in with an april interview! i know i used this site to get help from so many people throughout the past year so if you're reading this, whether its today or a year from now, feel free to reach out to me!

Reactions: 8 users

yes, it is possible to get in with an april interview! i know i used this site to get help from so many people throughout the past year so if you're reading this, whether its today or a year from now, feel free to reach out to me!

Congrats!!! You did it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congratulations!! So excited for you!

congrats!! :D

Accepted!!!
12:20 yesterday
Never was put on the waitlist for Drexel.
Interviewed April 10th

So so so blown away by this. After 4 years of applying, 3 mcats, 62 rejections, 4 interviews, and 1 waitlist. Its finally happening!!

Good luck to everyone still waiting. Can't wait to meet everyone.

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted!!!
Interviewed April 10th

So so so blown away by this. After 4 years of applying, 3 mcats, 62 rejections, 4 interviews, and 1 waitlist. Its finally happening!!

What an accomplishment! Congratulations!!!

Accepted!!!
Interviewed April 10th

Huge congrats to you!

Accepted!!!
Interviewed April 10th

reading this makes me feel as fuzzy inside...such a champion!!! I hope you're on cloud 9 and have been celebrating non-stop since hearing the news! Congrats!!!

Accepted!!!
Interviewed April 10th

That's some amaazing perseverance. Can't wait to meet you!

can someone post the link to the facebook group here?

How many of us are left not knowing status ? (1)
38 applications, 3 interviews, 37 rejections... Just waiting on Drexel..

How many of us are left not knowing status ? (1)
38 applications, 3 interviews, 37 rejections... Just waiting on Drexel..

Currently on 1 MD waitlist and waiting hear on Drexel. I interviewed on their last day so not feeling too good right about now

Interviewed 4/20, rejected 6/17 via mail. No change in portal except when I tried to upload a recent LOR it was never marked as recieved. Good luck to everyone left standing!

finally got to officially withdrawing today so hope you guys hear soon!

Anyone else who interviewed 4/20 heard anything WL or acceptance wise? Haven't gotten the rejection in my mailbox yet

Accepted off of the waitlist this morning! OOS, Interviewed 3/28 and was put on the waitlist 5/31. To everyone still waiting, don't lose hope! This acceptance came out of nowhere for me and there's still a huge chance for you as well. See everybody in a few months!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted Via Email! Interviewed 4/17!

congrats everybody! so excited for you guys! you'll love philly if you decide to come! :)

Last edited:
Accepted! Interviewed 4/11. Congrats to everyone else accepted today as well :)

Does anyone know what kind of grading system Drexel has, and if it is ranked? I can't seem to find the details for recent years

just got accepted, deciding between this school and UNE (reputable DO school in Maine)...can someone go through some of the strengths/things they like or are looking forward to at drexel?

Accepted! Interviewed 4/11. Congrats to everyone else accepted today as well :)

Does anyone know what kind of grading system Drexel has, and if it is ranked? I can't seem to find the details for recent years

Grading is P/F.

I just was accepted off of the wait list at my dream medical school so I will be withdrawing my acceptance here. I hope it goes to one of you who are still waiting. Best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone answer these questions about Drexel:

Are there plenty of ultra quiet places to study?

Quiet 24 hour study areas?

Help available, like help room where you can go to get help without having to hire your own tutors?

Pass/fail?

Near a subway station?

Are there desktops located in a quiet area that are available to study on at the campus? I do not recall seeing any during my interview. I don't even remember seeing a library.

@ciestar

Last edited:
just got accepted, deciding between this school and UNE (reputable DO school in Maine)...can someone go through some of the strengths/things they like or are looking forward to at drexel?
Dude, no question drexel. MD school>>>>>>>>>>>>DO school no questions asked

Can anyone answer these questions about Drexel:

Are there plenty of ultra quiet places to study?

Quiet 24 hour study areas?

Help available, like help room where you can go to get help without having to hire your own tutors?

Pass/fail?

Near a subway station?

There are tons of quiet study areas all over campus. The library has plenty of space and then there are private study rooms within the library. The 3rd floor is full of rooms to work in and then a study lounge that we all call the dungeon that is full of tables to sit at and it's all quiet study.

There is no help room, but plenty of tutors available. They're all second years there to help. It's all offered through a website called Accudemia and you sign up for a time slot and meet your tutor. It's completely free. You also always have the option to email your instructors and meet with them.

Yes, it is Pass/Fail.

No, not a subway station, but the regional rail station is a block from campus and you can take that to Center City to Suburban station to hop on the subway from there.

Are there desktops located in a quiet area that are available to study on at the campus? I do not recall seeing any during my interview. I don't even remember seeing a library.

@ciestar

Yes, there are desktop computers in the library for your use. There is a library, you're just not taken into it during tours because of quiet study.

Last edited: