2016-2017 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My friend and I just withdrew, so spots should open up!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted off the waitlist this morning!! So happy because the other school I was accepted to was somehow more expensive??
Interviewed 1/23, WL'd 10 weeks later.

Reactions: 2 users
I wasn't able to go to Accepted Students Day in early April, but I want to make sure that I have things in order in case I attend. Does anyone have any important info from Accepted Students Day that they could share with me about deadlines and such?

I would really appreciate it! =) thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!! Didn't think I'd hear back for at least another couple weeks!

About 1 hour ago via email. Interviewed 3/21. 510, 3.7, OOS

There was no deadline to accept on the email or in the portal and I'm out of the country and therefore can't call. Anyone know the deadline?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys. I'm looking for a female roommate, preferably vegeterian. PM me if interested.

First acceptance!! Interviewed 3/7, 510, 3.75. Got the email yesterday. Good luck everyone! There are still people being accepted!

Reactions: 3 users
Are there any decent areas on campus to study or do most students stay at home to study esp with the new curriculum in the upcoming school year?

Are there any decent areas on campus to study or do most students stay at home to study esp with the new curriculum in the upcoming school year?
"Queen Lane Library is one of the University’s Health Sciences Libraries and is located in the East Falls section of Philadelphia. The library houses books, journals and other materials to support the educational needs of students in the first two years of medical school as well as the research needs of the basic sciences departments. The collection focuses on the basic sciences, including research literature in biochemistry, microbiology/immunology, neuroscience, physiology, molecular biology and cell biology. There is also a core collection of books on clinical medicine. Queen Lane library has study areas that are accessible 24-hours a day for the use of Drexel University students, faculty, staff and residents.

Hahnemann Library is one of the University’s Health Sciences Libraries and is located in Center City, Philadelphia on the first and second floors of the New College Building. The collection primarily supports the curricula of the College of Nursing and Health Professions, and portions of the College of Medicine including materials in clinical medicine and basic sciences. Hahnemann Library has reservable group study rooms and a space available 24-hours a day for Drexel University students, faculty, staff and residents."

Reactions: 1 user
sorry to ask again but is there any point in sending an update/letter of interest post interview but before hearing the decision? or is it just better to wait it out for now? FWIW i interviewed mid april

sorry to ask again but is there any point in sending an update/letter of interest post interview but before hearing the decision? or is it just better to wait it out for now? FWIW i interviewed mid april
you can call them and ask but I don't think there's any point.. i also interviewed in April and I called admissions recently - they said it would take a few more weeks as they haven't even gotten to our apps yet =/

OH and they HAVE started taking people off the waitlists... so at this point I think we are more like "unofficial waitlists" than anything... and we'll probably hear back end of May or June =/

you can call them and ask but I don't think there's any point.. i also interviewed in April and I called admissions recently - they said it would take a few more weeks as they haven't even gotten to our apps yet =/

OH and they HAVE started taking people off the waitlists... so at this point I think we are more like "unofficial waitlists" than anything... and we'll probably hear back end of May or June =/
thanks for the reply! and yeah ive noticed ppl coming off the waitlist recently but bc its such a big class and they extended interviews to april, im hoping it was for a reason!! and idk how true this is but ive heard that they have a lot of waitlist movement in June so hopefully we can sneak in haha

Members don't see this ad :)
They're also still accepting people from those late interviews (so far up through 3/21). So I'm hoping we're not necessarily on the waitlist until they say we are... I interviewed 4/3.

Interview here 4/6 and haven't heard yet. I'm guessing it'll be last week in may based on other responses. Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting.

I heard it's commencement week at DUCOM, which may be why it's so silent this week. Hang in there everyone!

4th MD WL today after interview in late march, IS. Just glad they got back to me in the timeframe they said they would so I can commit to my DO school.

Best of luck to everyone else it seems like the WL keeps moving!

I interviewed April 3rd, nothing yet. So far, I haven't seen responses to anyone who interviewed after late March.
for what its worth, its nice to see that they have accepted people from that late march group...gives us april interviewees hope!

anyone else get the email about the new pre-matriculation tab and accessing accounts? I can't find the new tab...

anyone else get the email about the new pre-matriculation tab and accessing accounts? I can't find the new tab...

I never got an email like that but the tab randomly appeared for me recently.

What it includes is a checklist so you can watch and make sure the school is receiving your documents and then separate tabs for the items we need to complete like FBI fingerprinting, child abuse clearance, etc. If I remember correctly the only new information that wasn't on the Admission Decision tab was forms for a physical exam and immunizations (which are due July 7).

Anyone receive any news regarding decisions and/or waitlist movements? It's so quiet on this front eek

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I never got an email like that but the tab randomly appeared for me recently.

What it includes is a checklist so you can watch and make sure the school is receiving your documents and then separate tabs for the items we need to complete like FBI fingerprinting, child abuse clearance, etc. If I remember correctly the only new information that wasn't on the Admission Decision tab was forms for a physical exam and immunizations (which are due July 7).

is this on the same applicant portal where we submitted our apps? or something else?

i interviewed in mid april and waiting to hear back! hopefully in the next week or so!

I interviewed late March and I'm still waiting. I was hoping to hear back this week!

Last edited:
is this on the same applicant portal where we submitted our apps? or something else?

Yup.. Just opened up for me yesterday. Anyone know anything about iPad requirements yet?

Anyone receive any news regarding decisions and/or waitlist movements? It's so quiet on this front eek

I know! The past two weeks have been pretty dead. Last week was DUCOM's commencement, and now with it being Memorial Day weekend, they may have pushed back meetings. :/ Currently have no fingernails...

TIME Survival Guide 2016-2017 Drexel College of Medicine

Just using your log in. Ipad requirements are pretty simple. I got the iPad Pro 9.7" 128 GB.

Thanks, I've seen this. I was just wondering if there is an updated version for 2017-2018. For example, they say a minimum of 64GB and that the new iPads only have 32 or 128. I'm assuming we will all be required to get the 128. But I don't want to make assumptions, you know?

Thanks, I've seen this. I was just wondering if there is an updated version for 2017-2018. For example, they say a minimum of 64GB and that the new iPads only have 32 or 128. I'm assuming we will all be required to get the 128. But I don't want to make assumptions, you know?
I'm thinking 128 is the way to go. You don't want storage space to limit your studies

You should get the 128 over the 32. I don't think the requirements will change this year..any lower anyway. With the new curriculum being a lot online, you want enough storage

You should get the 128 over the 32. I don't think the requirements will change this year..any lower anyway. With the new curriculum being a lot online, you want enough storage

Thanks!

Pro or regular iPad? What do the majority have (do you think?)

Dear Drexel, the past 58 days have qualified as psychological torture.

Kindly make a decision ASAP. Please and thank you.

Reactions: 5 users
Dear Drexel, the past 58 days have qualified as psychological torture.

Kindly make a decision ASAP. Please and thank you.
*but as long as its a favorable decision, take your time hahaha

Reactions: 4 users
*but as long as its a favorable decision, take your time hahaha

Truth. Except my other acceptance is in Israel, so I'm swimming in visa paperwork, immunization requirements, and summer homework atm and just need to know either way. :D

Truth. Except my other acceptance is in Israel, so I'm swimming in visa paperwork, immunization requirements, and summer homework atm and just need to know either way. :D
oh dang yeah thats absurd! i thought forsure that people would hear back by the 8 week mark, especially at this point in the cycle

I hope for your sanity's sake that they get back to you soon! can't believe they give non-waitlist acceptances so late tbh