2016-2017 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received II.
Thought the cycle was over for me. Complete in July.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to people getting II's this late in the cycle.
What dates were available?

Congrats guys! Somewhat reassuring to hear that IIs are still being offered.

Last edited:
Anyone who interviewed late January hear back yet? I interviewed on Jan 30th but haven't heard anything.

I interviewed after you and I found out last Friday I was waitlisted.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm sorry to hear that :(... I hope you have another good option. I wonder why you heard back first though, when your interview was later than mine... seems odd. :/

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry to hear that :(... I hope you have another good option. I wonder why you heard back first though, when your interview was later than mine... seems odd. :/

Thanks! I have four other acceptances but Drexel is near the top of the list, so currently writing my update letter.

To be honest, I'm not sure. I wouldn't read much into it, but I did want to respond to you. Fingers crossed for you!

Reactions: 1 user
I received an II here yesterday, but I have already been accepted in-state. Not sure if I should still go to the interview, can anyone help me out? Rutgers RWJMS vs Drexel?

I received an II here yesterday, but I have already been accepted in-state. Not sure if I should still go to the interview, can anyone help me out? Rutgers RWJMS vs Drexel?
If I were you, I would go. Who knows, you could fall in love with the place. Don't close any doors for yourself (unless you are in love with your state school, and its super cheap)

Reactions: 1 users
Okay, last post. Did Drexel send out their match list? This would be a no-brainer and I would just go to the interview, but I'm a teacher and it's tough to take days off from work. If anyone has their 2017 match list would you mind sending it my way so I can compare to my state school?

Okay, last post. Did Drexel send out their match list? This would be a no-brainer and I would just go to the interview, but I'm a teacher and it's tough to take days off from work. If anyone has their 2017 match list would you mind sending it my way so I can compare to my state school?
Not yet, here's the 2016 list though DrexelMed Career Development Center

@ciestar do you happen to have access to the 2017 match list and wouldnt mind sharing?

They haven't posted it yet :/
I've been looking but I know everyone matched. One MS4 I know matched in Peds at UC-Davis, but that's the only one I know of for sure.

Interviewed 12/8/16. LM of 67.3. Originally was told I would hear in 6-8 weeks while at my interview, but haven't heard anything now for a full 14 weeks. I called at the beginning of this month, and was told that no decision has been made regarding my application. Just wanted to give some people hope who haven't heard back yet.

Emotions Run High as Drexel’s Future Doctors Meet Their Match - DrexelNow

Article about match day 2017 at Drexel. In short, "In all, 260 College of Medicine students matched with residency programs to move toward that next stage, 92 of them with Pennsylvania hospitals. Thirty-five students will be going to New York; 31 to California; 15 to New Jersey; 12 to Maryland; nine to Connecticut; eight to Massachusetts; and six each to Illinois, Ohio and Rhode Island, among other destinations.

Sixty-one Drexel students will be heading off to work in internal medicine next year, more than any other field. Twenty-one will go into emergency medicine; 18 each into pediatrics and family medicine; 16 into anesthesia; and 15 each into general surgery and obstetrics/gynecology. The College of Medicine set a record for psychiatry (13) and physical medicine and rehabilitation (six) placements this year."

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
anyone know if theres a lunch provided for the PM interview? and if it's before or after the interview?

anyone know if theres a lunch provided for the PM interview? and if it's before or after the interview?

Yes, it is provided and it is before the interview, during your student interview.

Day 55: It's been 7 weeks and 6 days since my interview. Supplies are low. Sanity is lower. I am almost to the promised land, the decision promised to us in 6-8 weeks. Surely they wouldn't have lied? Surely they wouldn't put us through more stress than necessary? Time will tell. All I know is that if tomorrow comes and goes with no word, there is no telling what may happen. Will I go into that conference room and burn the filing cabinets full of rejected applications? Probably.

Reactions: 4 users
Day 55: It's been 7 weeks and 6 days since my interview. Supplies are low. Sanity is lower. I am almost to the promised land, the decision promised to us in 6-8 weeks. Surely they wouldn't have lied? Surely they wouldn't put us through more stress than necessary? Time will tell. All I know is that if tomorrow comes and goes with no word, there is no telling what may happen. Will I go into that conference room and burn the filing cabinets full of rejected applications? Probably.
Haha, some people on this thread were waiting 14+ weeks for their decision though. So I wouldn't have high hopes. I'm losing hope day by day.

You eat lunch during your student interview. I think that Drexel had it out for me- I took a lunch box that said "turkey," but there was a tuna sandwich in it. I'm highly allergic to tuna. When I realized this, there were no extra lunch boxes left. So not only did I almost die during my interview day, I also was starving for the rest of the day/during my interviews . Not the most fun day. Maybe a sign I shouldn't go to Drexel? Lol

Haha, some people on this thread were waiting 14+ weeks for their decision though. So I wouldn't have high hopes. I'm losing hope day by day.
╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Like this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong interviewee ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no acceptance ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

I'm at 9 weeks now. I called admissions at 8 weeks post interview, and they said it should be reviewed within the next few weeks, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

While we're on the topic of lunches, was anyone else really turned off by the student interview thing at lunch? I had a hard time just eating and relaxing when I knew someone was going to write up an evaluation of me based on that interaction

They emailed out some decisions around 5:40 guys :)

Interviewed 12/8/16. LM of 67.3. Originally was told I would hear in 6-8 weeks while at my interview, but haven't heard anything now for a full 14 weeks. I called at the beginning of this month, and was told that no decision has been made regarding my application. Just wanted to give some people hope who haven't heard back yet.
Hey guys just got in, week 15. Feels good, I wish that feeling for all of you. First acceptance!

Reactions: 7 users
While we're on the topic of lunches, was anyone else really turned off by the student interview thing at lunch? I had a hard time just eating and relaxing when I knew someone was going to write up an evaluation of me based on that interaction
Yes!!! I didn't eat because I knew I would spill food on myself or have to answer a question right after I took a bite or something. It made me super nervous too!

Reactions: 2 users
Just was accepted yesterday! Took about 8 weeks to the day for the admissions decision, so the waiting window seems accurate to some extent. Hang in there everyone!!

Reactions: 2 users
II just now!
Complete in August and never put on hold. Sent an update in January.

Don't lose hope, folks!

Hi everyone!

I have an interview here coming up in the next few weeks! Can anyone provide insight onto what makes Drexel so unique compared to other institutions? Just looking for some general info on the school!

Thanks! And good luck to others!

Hi everyone!

I have an interview here coming up in the next few weeks! Can anyone provide insight onto what makes Drexel so unique compared to other institutions? Just looking for some general info on the school!

Thanks! And good luck to others!
My favorite part of Drexel is its history. It was once an all women's medical college. When you go on your tour be sure to notice that all of the photos on the wall are of women, (not white men like every other school)! They also graduated the first African American male and female physicians. Pretty neat :)

Reactions: 5 users
Waitlisted just now, interviewed 1/18. Was very surprised to hear back on a Sunday

My favorite part of Drexel is its history. It was once an all women's medical college. When you go on your tour be sure to notice that all of the photos on the wall are of women, (not white men like every other school)! They also graduated the first African American male and female physicians. Pretty neat :)

Thank you for that :) will you be attending this fall?

Same here, interviewed 1/23. Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked? Like if I call can they tell me where I am on it?
Most places won't tell you your position, even if it is ranked. I don't know about Drexel specifically, but I would assume that's how they do it

does anyone know what the WL movement is like at Drexel?
Was WLd here last year and didn't get off. I remember reading and hearing that little movement occurs if any.

Does anyone know more about Drexel's curriculum? It seems that for the first two years you can choose between two programs, one of them being more like the traditional curriculum and the other more small groups and PBL. Would everyone still be taking the same necessary core classes?

Does anyone know more about Drexel's curriculum? It seems that for the first two years you can choose between two programs, one of them being more like the traditional curriculum and the other more small groups and PBL. Would everyone still be taking the same necessary core classes?
They're changing it next year to the new curriculum. Everyone will have the same one