2016-2017 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For anyone interested, the attachments are the first 3 blocks at Drexel, which takes us until around the end of March. I was an undergrad here so that is how I "kind of " have access :bow:

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Block 1 Schedule.pdf
    76.6 KB · Views: 204
  • Block 2 Schedule.pdf
    101.3 KB · Views: 124
  • Block 3 Schedule.pdf
    102.1 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: 6 users
For anyone interested, the attachments are the first 3 blocks at Drexel, which takes us until around the end of March. I was an undergrad here so that is how I "kind of " have access :bow:

I find this very interesting. Thanks for posting these! I am a current MS1 and looking at the progression of courses is interesting. For example, you'll still have biochem in March, but we ended biochem in December (IFM). Also for IFM, head and neck for anatomy and neuro are the last things we do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist is ranked by tiers, but you won't know where you are ranked.

Hmm from what I've heard there are actually lots of movement come May to June. You usually have a good chance of being accepted if you're at top 1/3 of the waitlist.

ah ok maybe that was true a few years ago then. good to know!

A while back in this thread people were saying that the committee meets every Thursday...anyone know if this is still true?

When I called admissions two weeks ago, they told me I should have had a decision last week (which did not happen). It's been just over 8 weeks since my interview at this point. I'm going crazy and want to call them again, but that's probably being annoying, right?

A while back in this thread people were saying that the committee meets every Thursday...anyone know if this is still true?

When I called admissions two weeks ago, they told me I should have had a decision last week (which did not happen). It's been just over 8 weeks since my interview at this point. I'm going crazy and want to call them again, but that's probably being annoying, right?
Some decisions were sent out Wednesday evening last week it seems, so maybe we could be hearing today?

Reactions: 1 user

They meet every Thursday and sometimes Tuesday's if they have extra work during peak season. I have no idea if this is peak season or not, but decisions on wednesdays are consistent with meetings on tuesdays. also, if you read this forum its actually more like 8-10 weeks people hear back, with some being 11+. Don't panic. I'm accepted and it took me 10 weeks to hear back.

While we're on the topic of lunches, was anyone else really turned off by the student interview thing at lunch? I had a hard time just eating and relaxing when I knew someone was going to write up an evaluation of me based on that interaction
I totally agree but I also think they are evaluating more on...can you hold a conversation, do you seem normal, sociopiathic tendencies, etc. I'm seeing it as more of a P/F thing

In regards to waitlist movement - the administrator during my interview day told us that there is typically movement though there were ?2 years recently where there was none, but that this shocked even them.

In regards to waitlist movement - the administrator during my interview day told us that there is typically movement though there were ?2 years recently where there was none, but that this shocked even them.

They told us during orientation that there was quite a lot of waitlist movement and a good number of my class actually came off the waitlist.
Drexel seems to be a less than desirable school for a lot of people, especially those who hold multiple acceptances.

just received an invitation to attend accepted students' day for the class of 2023. Didn't realize it took 6 years to graduate from Drexel :whistle:

Just got an II for here, been complete since early August. Really random was not expecting it but am super excited anyways!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry! At least you already have an acceptance :) Is the post-interview rejection rate relatively high for Drexel? I saw a few people post that they were rejected post-interview

Rejection letter came in the mail today :(

Sorry to hear that :(
Do you remember if they said post-interview rejections will only come via snail mail? Or rather better question, did you receive any correspondence via email?

Does Drexel accept Post-interview updates? If they do where should I submit them? I interviewed late Feb, no decision, and was wondering if I can update them with recent activities. Thanks guys!

Yes they do and I think it's to the admission's email address.

Sorry to hear that :(
Do you remember if they said post-interview rejections will only come via snail mail? Or rather better question, did you receive any correspondence via email?

Acceptance/Waitlist you'll get an email
Rejection = snail mail only

Reactions: 1 users
on one hand, I think it's a little cruel that they send a letter. On the other, if i get an email from admissions I wont panic right away that it's a rejection

on one hand, I think it's a little cruel that they send a letter. On the other, if i get an email from admissions I wont panic right away that it's a rejection
Then again you're going to panic that it's either a waitlist or acceptance, so why not just wrap up all that panic at once?

Reactions: 2 users
is there any hope for those of us on hold pre-II?

At least you got something. I have been waiting for 7 months now, and I heard nothing at all. I feel like they lost my application or smth lol

At least you got something. I have been waiting for 7 months now, and I heard nothing at all. I feel like they lost my application or smth lol

Actually, the people who have been getting interviews in late Feb - March were waiting in silence without any pre-II hold. I don't recall many people who received II after being put on pre-II hold from Drexel. It's my third time applying here and it's 3 consecutive pre-II holds :oops:.

Actually, the people who have been getting interviews in late Feb - March were waiting in silence without any pre-II hold. I don't recall many people who received II after being put on pre-II hold from Drexel. It's my third time applying here and it's 3 consecutive pre-II holds :oops:.

Yup, I know, I was actually happy that I was getting the silent treatment while some other people were getting preII holds and rejections, but I mean COME ON we are almost in April and I still did not hear anything haha

I am sorry that you have not had any luck with this school. I hope you have been accepted somewhere else :)

Week 9 is over. No news. Looking into arson techniques.

Has anyone pre-II submitted more than one update to the portal? In an old e-mail I saw that we can submit up to 3 updates, but the portal only lets you submit one.

Just received an II here. I'm going to decline. Hopefully it goes to one of you guys!

woah just received an II as well! very surprising but thankful!

Just withdrew my acceptance, hoping it goes to one of you lovely people on the waitlist or waiting to hear back :)

Reactions: 4 users
is there any hope for those of us on hold pre-II?

Yes, you can get an II after being on pre-II hold.
I was put on hold sometime late in 2016 and received an II in the last couple of weeks. Sent an update about a month ago.

Good luck!!

Last edited:
I have never been on hold and haven't heard anything.. how late do they interview?

I have never been on hold and haven't heard anything.. how late do they interview?

I just got an invite on March 24th (after silence since August). When I chose my interview date there were options several weeks into April. There's still a chance!

Just checked my Discover Drexel account and found a nice little scholarship reward...feelin blessed love u drexel!

Congratulations! Did they email you about it?
I also got one. No email for me. When I called financial aid, they told me I would receive an email when the financial aid packages were finalized (I called last week pre-award). Who knows what any of this means, but theres no info about loans on my account yet.

Was it on Discover because for some reason I can't login with the information they sent me ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I also got one. No email for me. When I called financial aid, they told me I would receive an email when the financial aid packages were finalized (I called last week pre-award). Who knows what any of this means, but theres no info about loans on my account yet.
Congrats! I just checked and I also got one!! Good to know that we'll get an email, thank you! I also don't have any loan information.

is the traditional faculty interview 1 on 1 or a panel interview?

does anyone have any insight into if they interview for waitlist for those of us interviewing in the next couple weeks? not that it will change how i prepare or anything like that but it would be nice to know since it is april and i really love drexel!

Just checked my Discover Drexel account and found a nice little scholarship reward...feelin blessed love u drexel!
This is awesome--congrats!. About how long after you got your discover drexel account did you notice the award?