2016-2017 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you know if Drexel admissions office accepts letters of interest? I tried emailing them to ask but they just reply with the Document Upload screenshot.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how receptive Drexel is to post-interview, pre decision letters of intent?

Pretty sure the committee would prefer the letter itself has some update inside, but if you really feel strongly about Drexel, it wouldn't hurt to let them know about your interest.

thanks for the info! I emailed them to see if they can resend the email to me. This was a separate email than the one with confirmation of the deposit being paid/you have accepted the offer email correct?
I just realized i gave you the second look info for a different school i was looking at lmao. I have no idea about drexel. Sorry for the confusion!

Would anyone mind sharing what this school's grading system is like? (P/F, A-F or whatever) & also, does anyone knows if they rank the students

It's Pass/Fail.
As far as ranking, I am not 100% sure, but if they do, it's 100% internal and doesn't make any impact on the students themselves.

Reactions: 1 user
It's Pass/Fail.
As far as ranking, I am not 100% sure, but if they do, it's 100% internal and doesn't make any impact on the students themselves.

Thanks a ton

Does anyone know when financial aid packages will be sent out?

Does anyone know when financial aid packages will be sent out?
After traffic day of April 30th. So if you have Multiple acceptances you can't use financial packages to help you decide which sucks.

Reactions: 1 users
After traffic day of April 30th. So if you have Multiple acceptances you can't use financial packages to help you decide which sucks.

Is this common? What could be their rationale for withholding key financial information? If true, it virtually guarantees that I won't be attending Drexel.

Is this common? What could be their rationale for withholding key financial information? If true, it virtually guarantees that I won't be attending Drexel.
This is indeed true, I have had numerous emails with admissions and financial aid department about this to no avail. I dont know if majority of schools do this but yes this is a common practice because I have other schools that I am accepted to that follows the same practice of not releasing this info until after traffic day(AAMC only dictates that a school gives out enough acceptances to fill their matriculating class size by traffic day but they have no obligation to release any financial info.). Honestly I do not know their rational in withholding this info and just like you this had made Drexel a far less desirable option for me and the chances of me attending slim to none.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is indeed true, I have had numerous emails with admissions and financial aid department about this to no avail. I dont know if majority of schools do this but yes this is a common practice because I have other schools that I am accepted to that follows the same practice of not releasing this info until after traffic day(AAMC only dictates that a school gives out enough acceptances to fill their matriculating class size by traffic day but they have no obligation to release any financial info.). Honestly I do not know their rational in withholding this info and just like you this had made Drexel a far less desirable option for me and the chances of me attending slim to none.
Yeah I'm in the same boat as well.

If it helps, financial aid will essentially be whatever loans you qualify for.

I received FAP when I applied and got nothing but loans. (Drexel is not known to be generous with scholarships... sorry, it sucks)

PS: Talking to fin aid is like talking to a brick wall

If it helps, financial aid will essentially be whatever loans you qualify for.

I received FAP when I applied and got nothing but loans. (Drexel is not known to be generous with scholarships... sorry, it sucks)

PS: Talking to fin aid is like talking to a brick wall

Yikes. This is an expensive program too. Definitely a turn off, wish I didn't love the school so much. My heart is pretty much set... 300k in debt here I come!

Yikes. This is an expensive program too. Definitely a turn off, wish I didn't love the school so much. My heart is pretty much set... 300k in debt here I come!
Embrace the debt!

Welcome Aboard!

Sooo... Has anyone who interviewed on 12/6 heard anything yet? Anything? like... What's the weather tomorrow..? What's the meaning of life ..? When will half life 3 come out...?

Reactions: 2 users

This is helpful for me too! Also, how many days are you given to decide if you have multiple acceptances?

This is helpful for me too! Also, how many days are you given to decide if you have multiple acceptances?
You aren't given any days you have to drop multiple acceptances before the end of April 30th. If you end up getting more acceptances after April 30th you are given 5 business days to make a decision at the end of those 5 days you have to commit to one school while dropping the others.

Congratulations! Do you mind sharing why this is your top choice?
I have always loved Philadelphia and Drexel seemed more appealing than Jefferson to me just based on their commitment to provide a top of the line/ most modern education they can. Also, I can say after my interview I feel even stronger about it being my top choice.

Reactions: 5 users
Does Drexel give out any pre-II rejections? what percentage is put on hold vs rejected?

You aren't given any days you have to drop multiple acceptances before the end of April 30th. If you end up getting more acceptances after April 30th you are given 5 business days to make a decision at the end of those 5 days you have to commit to one school while dropping the others.

Thank you!! This is very helpful

my portal says my SSN has not been submitted yet on the status page, does anyone know what that means?

my portal says my SSN has not been submitted yet on the status page, does anyone know what that means?
+1, interviewed 1/26... gonna try not to read too much into it... failing...

+1, interviewed 1/26... gonna try not to read too much into it... failing...
I just called... A decision has been made for our application ... Hold me..

+1 I interviewed 1/30... does this mean a decision has been made for me too?!?!?!?

Also just looked at my status portion and my SSN has not been submitted on there and I was accepted a week ago... (Which is probably going to contribute to your anxiety!)

My portal also has the SSN has not been submitted status but I haven't even interviewed, going to guess it's not good news for me...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My portal also has the SSN has not been submitted status but I haven't even interviewed, going to guess it's not good news for me..

Maybe everyone has it ..? Now I'm not sure anymore... Now that I think of it... It might just be a coincidence that I also got a decision around the same time... I'm lost

Maybe everyone has it ..? Now I'm not sure anymore... Now that I think of it... It might just be a coincidence that I also got a decision around the same time... I'm lost
Did you interview 1/26 as well?

Have you received an interview invite?

Nope, that's why I feel like it's probably not good news on my end haha but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone hearing back post-interview! Good luck guys!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Alright, based off what we've all said, it seems this SSN bit has shown up on everybody's application regardless of pre-II, post-II, post-interview, etc, so I have absolutely no idea what this indicates

Oh **** it's disappeared on my application. Anybody else?

Alright, based off what we've all said, it seems this SSN bit has shown up on everybody's application regardless of pre-II, post-II, post-interview, etc, so I have absolutely no idea what this indicates

Yup, so it is probably just a glitch

Oh **** it's disappeared on my application. Anybody else?
Me too... Oh mother of God..
System... Overload ...... Can't take these emotions anymore... Must repress the feels...

Info on second look weekend is now on our portal!

Have the same SSN notification, have not received any communication from the school since I submitted in August.
Just called admissions and was told it's just an error of some kind, and that's there's nothing to be done from my end.

Will they be annoyed if I call or email asking about my status? I interviewed on 12/5 and haven't heard anything :/

Will they be annoyed if I call or email asking about my status? I interviewed on 12/5 and haven't heard anything :/
I interviewed 12/6.
I called them every week (for a month now), if they were annoyed I couldn't tell. one of the receptionist actually invited me to call them the next week (by then it was 13+ weeks of waiting.)
Today I called again and they said they have a decision made for my application, so results might come out pretty soon.