2016-2017 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a fb group made yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone get in here with a 3.3 gpa, but good MCAT as an URM?

Members don't see this ad :)
pretty stoked to be interviewing here tomorrow
my first time at this thread
i dont meet the neurotic requirements apparently

Reactions: 1 user
Post interview updates
That was the last round of interviews
Of about 1100 interviews, approx 300 will be offered an acceptance
They did indeed complete 2/3 of their interviews before January and offered 1/3 of their allotted acceptances
The rest were either rejected or deferred, deferred students I think are to be considered with the second group of interviews from January to today, from which they will select the last 2/3 of their students to accept

Reactions: 4 users
Post interview updates
That was the last round of interviews
Of about 1100 interviews, approx 300 will be offered an acceptance
They did indeed complete 2/3 of their interviews before January and offered 1/3 of their allotted acceptances
The rest were either rejected or deferred, deferred students I think are to be considered with the second group of interviews from January to today, from which they will select the last 2/3 of their students to accept
How do you know?

withdrawn post acceptance. best of luck to the class of 2021!!

Reactions: 5 users
oh and waitlist is expected to be very small but have decent amount of movement

Is it better to send updated information like a manuscript submission (not yet publication) through an update letter or an updated recommendation letter?

Withdrawn post acceptance as well. Good luck to all!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
how likely is it to get off of the deferred list, does anyone know :T

how likely is it to get off of the deferred list, does anyone know :T

They fill most of the class seats in March, not January, so if you were deferred you've still got a fair chance of acceptance.

lol anyone get today's email for financial aid?

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone get an answer on when decisions will be released this year? First week of march, second week of march?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone, first time posting on SDN! I interviewed way back in September, got deferred, and waiting anxiously to hear back. Hope it's soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone get an answer on when decisions will be released this year? First week of march, second week of march?

At my interview day the dean said the first week of March.

Reactions: 3 users
My money is on interviewers starting to call Wednesday and/or Thursday and official emails/portal changes going out Friday

My money is on interviewers starting to call Wednesday and/or Thursday and official emails/portal changes going out Friday

Yes, I agree. The portal change seemed to have occurred on 3-11 last year (which was a friday) so I expect it will occur Friday this year as well.
See above -- sounds like early to mid march, and perhaps next week.

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

Yes, I agree. The portal change seemed to have occurred on 3-11 last year (which was a friday) so I expect it will occur Friday this year as well.

Did everyone last year who was accepted in March get a phone call or did some get accepted with just a portal change/email?

edit: sorry, should have read the posts above. it seems there were people accepted without getting a phone call, though that was earlier in the first round. I'm assuming they won't necessarily have time to call everyone this time too.

I didn't realize they called for acceptances... my fragile heart doesn't handle that well (especially when I don't get a call)

Did everyone last year who was accepted in March get a phone call or did some get accepted with just a portal change/email?

edit: sorry, should have read the posts above. it seems there were people accepted without getting a phone call, though that was earlier in the first round. I'm assuming they won't necessarily have time to call everyone this time too.

Yeah based on the threads the last few years, there's usually always a good amount of people that don't get calls and only find out with the official email. Honestly the most useful thing we all could do is if we do get an acceptance call and decide to post here, include your interviewer name that called you. It will help relieve a lot of the stress here

Remember what happened the last time we started betting on school's acceptance dates?? We jinxed it!

Remember what happened the last time we started betting on school's acceptance dates?? We jinxed it!

Hahahaha so true :(
Hoping such struggles don't dare show face again... but with this process, who the hell knows?!

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeejected. Definitely can attest to the reputation of having a very nice rejection letter though. Oh well!

I'm really sorry to hear that... I wish you luck with the rest of your schools. Has your portal been updated to reflect the status change?