2016-2017 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In response to above questions: I was a mid-January interviewee; Yes, my portal changed to reflect my status update along with getting an e-mail from the Admission Office.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm really sorry to hear that :(

Does this mean decisions will start going out today??

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if rejections will keep occurring throughout the week or today was the day for all of them

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I wonder if rejections will keep occurring throughout the week or today was the day for all of them

If they continued to do rejections, I don't think my heart can take that. I can't focus on any of my work right now...:(

I doubt that today was the only day for rejections. Only 2 were reported here and back when I interviewed, I remember the dean saying that there would be 300 acceptances and only a handful of people on the waitlist...meaning many more applicant who interviewed will get rejected:/

Reactions: 1 user
I doubt that today was the only day for rejections. Only 2 were reported here and back when I interviewed, I remember the dean saying that there would be 300 acceptances and only a handful of people on the waitlist...meaning many more applicant who interviewed will get rejected:/

Given that they already handed out a third of those 300 acceptances, I imagine there will be many many more rejections.... :(

I was deferred and still no portal update

Reading this thread isn't making me feel better and I know I should stop but I can't.....

This is the only school I interviewed at. I really hope for good news, otherwise I'll have to reapply....:vomit:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is the only school I interviewed at. I really hope for good news, otherwise I'll have to reapply....:vomit:

Good luck! I'm already restudying for the MCAT since my score expires after this cycle.....

Right right I agree, but seems like in past years all the rejections came in one day. Like two years ago it was Friday of second week of march that all the rejections that were reported on SDN at least* came that one day. I guess we'll see

Last edited:
ACCEPTED BY PHONE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Reactions: 7 users
Calls and not emails? Ugh, I never win when schools play that game

Reactions: 2 users
congrats!! have either of your portals changed to show your acceptance?

Last year, calls started Tuesday, and the portal was updated Friday around 5pm. Some people never got a call, and found out about their acceptance via portal. I guess admissions like keeping us on our toes. At the very least, it keeps life interesting....

Last edited:
It would be nice to get a call...I wish I was that lucky.

GRATS TO THOSE WHO GOT ACCEPTED ALREADY!

Just accepted via phone call!!! Interviewed forever ago.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got my first acceptance by phone call!!! Interviewed round 2. I'll be going to second look! I'm going to keep my interviewer's name confidential though haha

Reactions: 2 users
Just got my first acceptance by phone call!!! Interviewed round 2. I'll be going to second look! I'm going to keep my interviewer's name confidential though haha

can you elaborate on what round 2 means?

like what month of the year

A lurker has unburrowed with phone in hand... My weak heart cannot wait much longer.
Congrats to those accepted so far.

WL via email just now, interviewed on one of the last days

Accepted via the portal!!!! Edit: interviewed in November!

Accepted via portal/e-mail!

Interviewed mid-Jan, No phone call

Waitlisted...my second one :/ Honestly heartbroken since this place was my top choice

Anyone know how likely someone is to be accepted from the Waitlist? And decisions in June to July? I should be doing another reapp by then right?

Waitlisted. Interviewed oct 31. I just wanna get in lol

Also waitlisted. Bummer!

@goriku671 and @WindChaser
I was also WL! I remember the Dean saying that they were purposely making their WL way smaller than last year- small enough that it isn't ranked and that every applicant can be considered for a spot when spots do open up. Keep your heads up! I think they are anticipating movement (at least some) and send updates/ Letters of Interest/Intent!
I don't think this is a bad place to be for an incredible institution like this. Best of luck moving forward! It isn't over yet!

Accepted via email!!!!!!!!!! Interviewed early Jan.

Holy **** first acceptance....

Reactions: 13 users
It's a little hard to stay optimistic when there was apparently zero WL movement last year, tho :(
Oh well. Let's hold our heads high, friends! It ain't over until it's over.

true- but I thought that BU was approaching it differently this time- rejecting more ppl/ having a smaller waitlist so that there would be more of an opportunity to get off the WL