2016-2017 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm currently researching about BU's programs and was wondering if y'all can elucidate why you liked this school or what was about it that made it unique to you? Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone answer these questions about BU:

Are there plenty of ultra quiet places to study?

Quiet 24 hour study areas?

Help available, like help room where you can go to get help without having to hire your own tutors?

Pass/fail?

Can anyone answer these questions about BU:

Are there plenty of ultra quiet places to study?

Quiet 24 hour study areas?

Help available, like help room where you can go to get help without having to hire your own tutors?

Pass/fail?

I was in the BU MAMS program this past year so I can offer some answers.

There are lots of places to study. The main med school building is 14 floors with the testing area being on the 11th floor (quiet floor), library on 12th (kinda quiet but allowed to talk), and more library on 13th floor (designated a quiet floor). The building stays open 24 hours long but the 11th, 12th, and 13th floors close around midnight on most days. But you can study on other floors like 1st, 2nd, and 4th that have classrooms on them 24 hours.

As for help room I'm not sure...

According to what I've heard all classes for the first 2 years are graded Pass/Fail (not even high pass, or low pass, just P). One student I talked to said he looked at his transcript once it just had a bunch of P's on it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess it's fair to say that the wait is over for everyone on the waitlist? I interviewed in October, so it's been a long wait. BU was the only place I interviewed, unfortunately. Going to reflect about everything that may have gone wrong this cycle and reapply next year. I will be back BU!

I guess it's fair to say that the wait is over for everyone on the waitlist? I interviewed in October, so it's been a long wait. BU was the only place I interviewed, unfortunately. Going to reflect about everything that may have gone wrong this cycle and reapply next year. I will be back BU!
wow, what did your stats and school list look like ? did you apply really top heavy?