2016-2017 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted via email/portal! My top choice! Interviewed early Jan. Thank God I didn't receive a phone call, my heart would have stopped.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted post interview. Interviewed late september. Found out via email. I do not remember the name of my interviewer. But I was going to the accept the acceptance offer if I got it anyway, so I will be declining the waitlist offer. Good luck to everyone who is still in the running!

Do you mean "deny the acceptance offer anyway"?

Seems like there's actually quite a lot of us WL folks... small waitlist my butttt :p

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't remember Dean W mentioning any of these changes on interview day! It would be wonderful if what you mentioned is actually the case :)
Yep he said this during my interview day as well. He said he really wanted there to be waitlist movement this year.

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted. Interviewed in September. This has been a long ride haha

EDIT: Withdrew

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
The waitlist seems huge this year....only one reported rejection....this doesn't seem right.

Reactions: 3 users
People are definitely not reporting rejections.

I got wait listed as well.

waitlisted. Its interesting to see the amount who recorded being waitlisted because the dean made it seem like the waitlist would be extremely small. though he didn't give a number, i assumed ~ less than 100

Waitlisted as well. Congrats to everyone accepted! :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
The difference in responses between last year's thread and this year is huge. I wonder what happened haha.

Waitlisted!
Didn't they say that this year would have an extremely small number of waitlists and a lot of rejections? It seems like the waitlist is huge similar to last year, no?

Accepted via email! Totally shocked by this! Congrats to all accepted and good luck to those waitlisted!

Edit: Was called a couple hours after the email by my interviewer!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Yeah there were hardly any reported waitlisting.

Which makes me feel that there will be almost no movement considering that there Has 0 the past few years. He made it sound like very small waitlist based on the things he said in interview and on the email. Ohhh well

Accepted via email OMG stoked as hell
Got a missed call on my phone during work but it was a private number, hope I didn't cheese off my interviewer haha

For those who were accepted, did you hear anything about Dean's Scholarships? Its a bit unclear when we would hear. Thanks!

Why are the waitlist decisions made so late though? Like between June and July is awfully late. I got into another school but I prefer BU. However, I may not be able to hold out after April 30. Waitlists really suck.

Wtf this wait list is HUGE.

Congrats to all those accepted!

Hey guys I am new to SDN. MAMS student at BU in my second year and was just waitlisted here. What does the "." mean on the threads?
Someone edited their comment to get rid of it

Wow so many people are getting waitlisted :/

Yeah the waitlist is too long, y'all might as well withdraw....

How many acceptances do you think they sent out and how many people do you think got waitlisted? Since this year they are only looking to fill 100 seats....is it pretty much hopeless now?

Right and that's only the people who use SDN sure there are so many more that didn't post

hey I mean I just joined now to post that I was waitlisted maybe we can get each person accepted to create an account and get a head count :p

Waitlisted as well. Even though Dean Wurstküche said there's no ranking, there must be given such a high number of wait listed applicants. I wonder if all spots will fill up in the BU housing building.

Does anyone remember how much financial aid is given out by BU?

is it all merit-based? need-based? half and half?

It's a mix. They offer merit-based aid through a dean's scholarship (anywhere from $2500-25000/yr I think). They tell you if you got one of these scholarships when you get accepted (at least that's how it was for those accepted in the first round. They might have done it differently in this round). They also have need based aid, but this hasn't been given to anyone yet. Current students may know more info (I'm an applicant this year too).

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

I have a feeling that people will find out about Deans scholarships on Friday since they usually go out after acceptances and even our acceptance letters were dated March 10

just out of curiosity, did anybody who get accepted write a letter of intent?
did anybody who get waitlisted write a letter of intent?

I was wondering this too. I was waitlisted and I wrote a letter of intent.

I wrote an update letter, which strongly suggested that BU was my number one choice

Same here. Wrote of letter of intent and was also waitlisted.

Anyone know if there is a facebook group for admitted students? Cant seem to find it...

I was accepted and wrote a letter of intent/interest. Of course, it's hard to tell what effect the LOI had on the decision. If you do write one, make sure it's written well.
Anyone know if there is a facebook group for admitted students? Cant seem to find it...
I couldn't find one either.

Last edited:
Just saw that I got a Dean's Scholarship via portal!

Reactions: 2 users