2016-2017 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm borderline having anxiety attacks right now. >:O

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm convincing myself my interviewer hasn't called because he knows I'm at work... la la la... blissful thinking lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I got a missed call from BMC, but no one left a message. When I called back it went to the operator. Not sure what to do at this point

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a missed call from BMC, but no one left a message. When I called back it went to the operator. Not sure what to do at this point
I'm sure that's a great sign! When did you get the missed call?

I couldn't sleep last night and am currently panicking

Same boat here. Got a missed call at 4am (international) and now I'm stuck with an operator.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waiting patiently for any news :whistle:

MFW I don't get a phone call today:

Angry-Peyton-Manning-Stare.gif

Reactions: 8 users

I recommend you implement a light drinking regimen immediately. Don't go overboard because they may call you again, but you should definitely be at least a little buzzed.

Reactions: 3 users
The official email/text notification of a portal update hasn't gone out yet (to my knowledge). My feeling is that there is some order of action for interviewers who want to reach out. Perhaps they were instructed to call based on interview date, alphabet, rankings (top applicants they want to impress in hopes of keeping at BU), or perhaps the reason may be as trivial as calling only those applicants who sent them thank you cards. Given that not everyone receives a call, I lean with the latter.

So it's nearing 5pm there (in about an hour from now), which I presume is the time that the office closes for the weekend. What are the chances that they might make us wait until Monday for a portal update of acceptance/ deferral/ rejection? Getting so antsy...

Reactions: 2 users
So, I am one of the unlucky ones who hasn't heard anything yet, but I just want to say I'm glad to have a community that's agonizing and rejoicing together. In the very least, checking SDN lenthens the intervals between my refreshing the BUSM portal. It's gonna be okay, folks :)

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted!! Wow! Portal only, which seems weird based on others. No email or call.

Interviewed in sept for those wondering!

Edit: Email received ~20 minutes later. Also, I think my mom is 1000x more excited than me that I may stay in Boston lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted!! Wow! Portal only, which seems weird based on others. No email or call.

Interviewed in sept for those wondering!
Congrats! That's great news. :)

Did you get a notification about a status change, or did you just incessantly check the portal as I'm doing now? :p

Did you get a notification about a status change, or did you just incessantly check the portal as I'm doing now? :p

If we don't have any changes to our portal does that mean we were deferred?

Thank you!

And nope, no notification. Found out courtesy of constant refreshing!

Accepted! No notification either. Just portal update.

Update email: deferred

Edit: Withdrawing. Congrats and good luck to others!

Also deferred.... this has been the story of my life. Well, heres to more waiting...

Jumping on the deferred train as well... all this waiting is killing me!!!

Add another to the deferred pile. And the waiting game continues.

Deferred. Joke school anyways.

Accepted via portal update! Interviewed in October, LizzyM 76

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Just accepted by email! No phone call from my interviewer, just email. Interviewed in early November

Reactions: 3 users
Deferred. I'm impressed they managed to write an email that didn't hurt my feelings even a little bit. See ya'll in two months. ✌