2016-2017 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to all the folks who got accepted. And good luck to everyone else. :)
I'm still waiting for an II. Is there any chance at this point?

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Deferred :(. Anyone know percentage of deferrals that get in?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted via portal just now, followed by email offering a merit scholarship !! No personal emails or calls or anything...

Reactions: 3 users
Deferred. And I am a reapplicant... Last year rejected at 1 post-II, waitlisted to 2. This year waitlisted to 2, deferred to 2, and rejected to 1 post-II.

I just wish for one acceptance! :/

Last edited:
So my friend just said this and it made me feel a lot better since I have so many deferrals. She said "waitlisted doesn't mean No, it means WAIT" and Im sure we all have that tendency to go on and try do figure out the rest of our lives tonight on the internet since we got deferred lol

Members don't see this ad :)
First acceptance this year, 4th time med school applicant. Everyone, hang in there if you're on the deferred list, it ain't over till its over. Take it from me, do not give up if this is your dream!

Reactions: 13 users
I got deferred :/ does anyone knwo when the next round of admissions is? Btw, I did not know that they were rejecting students. Didn't the dean say that they only reject at the end like in April?

Interviews: 3 | Attended: 2
Stats: GPA: 3.3 | SMP: 4.0

Congrats Bro/Broette, well-deserved. How stoked are you?
Thanks man. It was like landing the Apollo 13 after undergrad went down like that. I'm feeling pretty good =D

I got deferred :/ does anyone knwo when the next round of admissions is? Btw, I did not know that they were rejecting students. Didn't the dean say that they only reject at the end like in April?

He said we accept a few, reject a few, and defer a lot.

The email said mid march is when they will accept more people

Accepted via portal just now, followed by email offering a merit scholarship !! No personal emails or calls or anything...

does anyone remember how much the dean's scholarships can go up to? just kinda curious

Accepted, II mid-September

Reactions: 2 users
First acceptance this year, 4th time med school applicant. Everyone, hang in there if you're on the deferred list, it ain't over till its over. Take it from me, do not give up if this is your dream!

That's awesome, congrats!! As someone who was deferred, I'm glad you were able to "get that acceptance over me", so to speak :)

First and only acceptance after three interviews! Got waitlisted at 2, and was feeling very pessimistic about the rest of this cycle so I'm glad BU pulled through! Also did an SMP (ugrad gpa was VERY low)

So happy I can't believe it!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
I screamed so loud that I scared all my roommates. First acceptance. So excited!

Reactions: 5 users
After an entire morning / afternoon of waiting and no call, I finally put my phone down to get other things done....

Confused by a notification of a BUSM scholarship email when I checked it a few hours later....then found the acceptance email. I had to read it a few times to confirm I wasn't going crazy!!! Oh how good it feels!!!!!!!!!!1

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

Reactions: 2 users
After an entire morning / afternoon of waiting and no call, I finally put my phone down to get other things done....

Confused by a notification of a BUSM scholarship email when I checked it a few hours later....then found the acceptance email. I had to read it a few times to confirm I wasn't going crazy!!! Oh how good it feels!!!!!!!!!!1

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!
good job! gpa/mcat ? :)

First and only acceptance after three interviews! Got waitlisted at 2, and was feeling very pessimistic about the rest of this cycle so I'm glad BU pulled through! Also did an SMP (ugrad gpa was VERY low)

So happy I can't believe it!!!!
how low? mine is kind of low too

Accepted yesterday with dean scholarship! Does anyone know if all dean scholarship awards are the same amount?

Accepted yesterday with dean scholarship! Does anyone know if all dean scholarship awards are the same amount?
Someone earlier said that they range from 2.5 to 25k? Not sure how accurate this is.

Congrats to everybody who was accepted and good luck to those of you who were deferred/ still waiting!
I am interviewing this month and this is my absolute dream school. I was wondering if any of you who have already visited could offer me advice about the interview day and/or about BU. I am so excited to have the opportunity to visit!

Rejected this morning and complete in November late applicant :/

Congrats to everybody who was accepted and good luck to those of you who were deferred/ still waiting!
I am interviewing this month and this is my absolute dream school. I was wondering if any of you who have already visited could offer me advice about the interview day and/or about BU. I am so excited to have the opportunity to visit!
Are you gonna be there his Friday?

has anyone accepted received the letter in the mail yet? somehow I didn't get mail delivered for 3 days so wondering if my mail people messed up

has anyone accepted received the letter in the mail yet? somehow I didn't get mail delivered for 3 days so wondering if my mail people messed up
I haven't received it yet

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

Nope, halfway across the country, and nothing here.

Would anyone be willing to scan/take pictures of/share some the info on the student ambassador sheet passed out during the interview? I want to get in touch with a current student, but my interview day culminated in an ER visit and god knows what happened to my red folder.. Anyways, a PM would be much appreciated!

Would anyone be willing to scan/take pictures of/share some the info on the student ambassador sheet passed out during the interview? I want to get in touch with a current student, but my interview day culminated in an ER visit and god knows what happened to my red folder.. Anyways, a PM would be much appreciated!

I hope you are all recovered! What a day that must have been for you

Got my acceptance packet today. I'm OOS, but in the Northeast

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

Hi all,

Would anybody be willing to share details from your interview day? Was there a group Q and A? What kind of opportunities did you have to talk with current students? Was there only one formal interview? How many interviewers were there?

Thanks very much for your time and insight. Please feel free to answer on this forum or slide into my DMs.

I hope you are all recovered! What a day that must have been for you

I'm sure my tour guide thought I was incredibly rude and uninterested, but it was just my appendix inconveniently trying to rupture. I wish I could send him an apology and explanation, but alas, his info was in the folder too In either case, I got in and I'm all better s/p appy!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi all,

Would anybody be willing to share details from your interview day? Was there a group Q and A? What kind of opportunities did you have to talk with current students? Was there only one formal interview? How many interviewers were there?

Thanks very much for your time and insight. Please feel free to answer on this forum or slide into my DMs.
Yes, there was a group Q&A. Multiple opportunities to ask questions during these sessions.

Had lunch with current students who were happy to answer anything. Also a tour that was given by a 4th year.

One hour+ long interview with a faculty member.

Hi all,

Here is our my interview day went:

1 hour Introduction to the school by the Dean
1 hour one-on-one interview with a faculty
1 hour group session with 1 faculty + 6 students where we sat in a conference room and she answered our questions
1 hour tour led by 2 students per group
1 hour lunch with lot of M1s and M2s and a few M4s
30 min presentation about the curriculum
30 min presentation about financial aid
Wrap-up presentation given by dean
Optional - info session with the office of diversity

Please let me know if I can answer any more questions! Good luck with your Interview!