2016-2017 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've had Jan 5th in my head for some reason, but I can't find that date in the packet anywhere and I didn't write it down anywhere, so maybe I'm just confabulating.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I heard January 5th at my early November interview

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Interviewed here today and Dean Witzburg said y'all will hear Friday btw

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have interviewed, which hotel/inn would you guys recommend from the list that BU provided? i.e. Which place gave you the best rate? Thanks in advance!

I actually stayed at a hostel called HI Boston. It's about a 30 minute walk from the campus, so its not too bad. It was a pretty good hostel actually, so if you are used to staying in hostels/sharing a room with other people, I would recommend it. It has irons, a kitchen, plus a laundry room.

On a side note, every time I see an alert for this thread I freak out that someone got an acceptance call and I frantically check my phone. Isn't this process so much fun....

Reactions: 7 users
For those who have interviewed, which hotel/inn would you guys recommend from the list that BU provided? i.e. Which place gave you the best rate? Thanks in advance!

Interviewing here next week- was wondering the same!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I actually called like 10+ hotels on their list and the best rate I could get was from Midtown Hotel, $89+ tax. I've never been to Boston so idk if that's good or not, but it came with complementary wifi.

When I visited, I used Airbnb. I was able to get cheaper accommodations than any of the hotels I checked, and both of my experiences were good. If you're looking to save money, I'd say it's a good way to go.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why not use the student hosts? Haven't spent a penny on hotels yet

Anyone know BU's post interview acceptance rate?

long time lurker here, got the acceptance call from my interviewer today! Email/snail mail to come tomorrow/next week.

Reactions: 10 users
and so it begins....

Reactions: 4 users
i dont wanna say who interviewed me (cuz i don't think it matters) but i interviewed late oct. best of luck to everyone!

so... bout that post interview acceptance rate, anyone have any idea?

For the lucky souls who will be accepted tomorrow, remember not to refuse the call. Lady Mormont sees all....

Attachments

• IMG_0996.GIF
    IMG_0996.GIF
    862.7 KB · Views: 92
Does anyone know if BU will call international numbers? Currently abroad and this wait is killer, so would hate to have to wait extra time for a decision.

Lol I'm gonna be at an interview tomorrow, this is going to be interesting

Accepted this morning via email..amazing school!

Good luck today on your interviews!

Reactions: 9 users
Is it pretty much a bad sign if we haven't received a call yet? Aren't we supposed to get an e-mail either way?

Is it pretty much a bad sign if we haven't received a call yet? Aren't we supposed to get an e-mail either way?

I don't think it's a bad sign. I believe people last year got calls over a period of 2-3 days. But I could be totally remembering that incorrectly.

ACCEPTED :biglove: via phone call!

Reactions: 10 users
dean called today! GOTT IN!!

Reactions: 6 users
Does everyone who gets accepted get a cal?

No, I don't think so. Someone above got accepted via email. Also previous threads show that your interviewer might not contact you at all and you'll find out you got in when your portal says. I haven't gotten a call yet and am really hoping for one. Best of luck to you :)

If we get rejected or deferred do we find out today as well?

II today, 3 available dates in late January, will withdraw. Good luck guys.

Accepted via phone call this morning! Except I live on the west coast so it was 5:30AM and I was still sleeping, but I'm glad I picked it up haha. Pretty cool that my interviewer was the one who called me, makes it more personal

I'm pretty much feeling the dread of not having got any communication yet. :-(

Reactions: 3 users