2016-2017 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They definitely send these to everyone (in the running) to not give away the select few who they really want confirmation from. Best of luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else not get the message from Friday...wonder if they lost my application

Reactions: 1 user
II today! Complete late September

Reactions: 3 users
When you get an email from BUSM and it says happy holidays. Nice sentiment, but ugh. I'm getting so impatient

Reactions: 7 users
3 more weeks!!

Did you all send updates before mid-December??

Does anybody for how long they send out interview invitiations and how far through they're already?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anybody remember when they said acceptance decisions come out?

3 more weeks!!

Did you all send updates before mid-December??

I didn't because I haven't really been working for that long and I don't want a mediocre letter lol ... I am going to if I get deferred

At interview day did they say an update or letter was highly suggested?
Not at all as far as I can remember. In fact, he urged people NOT to send letters for quite a while and to only write meaningful letters.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not at all as far as I can remember. In fact, he urged people NOT to send letters for quite a while and to only write meaningful letters.

I distinctly remembering the guy asking for grade updates

I distinctly remembering the guy asking for grade updates

^ can verify this and this is in the email!

In fact, if you look up interview follow up in your inbox that might be helpful!

Anybody know this?

Anybody know if this is by phone call or email?

Both. Last year most got calls from interviewers, but not everyone. Some got a change in status/an email

OK I need help. I thought that I should not be sending additional letters of recommendation to schools. However, the post interview letter from BU said that they would like letters of recommendation even after you submit your initial application.

HOW do I get this letter to them? Do I still submit these through AMCAS? HELP!

Just got an II! For those who already interviewed, how was it for you, what was the format for the interview and do you have any advice?

Lizzy M score is 66.2 and complete 10/17

Just got an II! For those who already interviewed, how was it for you, what was the format for the interview and do you have any advice?

Lizzy M score is 66.2 and complete 10/17

Congrats! Very chill day. A 45 minute to 1 hour interview. Dean welcomes you for the first hour and then you either interview or attend a Q and A type of thing with faculty. Then tour and lunch and closing remarks. Probably missing a few things but the layout is pretty close to this

Congrats! Very chill day. A 45 minute to 1 hour interview. Dean welcomes you for the first hour and then you either interview or attend a Q and A type of thing with faculty. Then tour and lunch and closing remarks. Probably missing a few things but the layout is pretty close to this

Thank you! I was so surprised to even get an interview. Also, is it a one-on-one interview or a panel?

How does BU treat high MCAT low GPA applicants?

They treat them to a nice steak dinner LOL I mean people have gotten II with low GPA/high MCAT and high GPA/Low MCAT. It really depends on how high and how low we're talking. But more importantly it depends on your overall app and if BU thinks you're a good fit.

Also wondering if contact will be via e-mail or phone... I will be on a plane for many hours of Jan 2nd :/

Based on the last few years, some interviewers call and some don't. All of us should receive an email though.

Decisions should also become available at the end of next week, either Thurs or Fri.

II yesterday around 5:30 pm. IS, Lizzy M ~72.5, complete 8/14.

I was not expecting to hear back from BU, so this was a surprise. Interview is in early January.

OK I need help. I thought that I should not be sending additional letters of recommendation to schools. However, the post interview letter from BU said that they would like letters of recommendation even after you submit your initial application.

HOW do I get this letter to them? Do I still submit these through AMCAS? HELP!

There's a tab where you can upload updates under "Application Updates" in the my application portal. You could upload PDFs of the letters there. If they're confidential, I'd suggest emailing/calling admissions and asking how they'd like to receive them. If you use interfolio, you probably could just email them to the admissions email through interfolio and they could add them for you.

There's a tab where you can upload updates under "Application Updates" in the my application portal. You could upload PDFs of the letters there. If they're confidential, I'd suggest emailing/calling admissions and asking how they'd like to receive them. If you use interfolio, you probably could just email them to the admissions email through interfolio and they could add them for you.
Thank you so much for replying. It was a letter from the person I work for, so I couldn't upload it myself. I had them submit it through AMCAS. Thanks so much.

I am so anxious this week. I don't know about anyone else but I'm sitting by my email just waiting, and hoping for the best.
Good luck to those who have interviewed and those who have an interview soon!

Reactions: 7 users
I am so anxious this week. I don't know about anyone else but I'm sitting by my email just waiting, and hoping for the best.
Good luck to those who have interviewed and those who have an interview soon!
Right there with you. Top school for me. Someone on here mentioned we will prob not hear back til Thursday or Friday either way, just so you know! Best of luck to you and let's try to stay sane this week :).

Reactions: 2 users
Every time my phone vibrates or I get an email, I go crazy

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck to everyone this week (hopefully)! Stay positive! :)

Ugh, I wish theyd just TELL USSS

II! :D

Complete late september, LM: 77-78, OOS

Right there with you. Top school for me. Someone on here mentioned we will prob not hear back til Thursday or Friday either way, just so you know! Best of luck to you and let's try to stay sane this week :).

On the portal it says the first wave of admissions decisions will come "Mid-January" so we may not hear anything until next week...

On the portal it says the first wave of admissions decisions will come "Mid-January" so we may not hear anything until next week...

Yes, but reading through old threads shows that "mid-January" has typically meant somewhere around Jan 7, so I'm hoping they won't keep us waiting too long!

the wait is just brutal... :dead:

Reactions: 5 users

If my memory serves me correctly, when I interviewed early December, dr. Winzburg literally said we should expect to hear back January 6th. Hopefully I'm not wrong, lest I feel the wrath of SDN

Reactions: 3 users