2016-2017 Albany Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II !! OOS, 3.91, 506 non-trad. Complete 8/22

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
II today. Has anyone had trouble uploading a photo?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Gasp. A true test to see how badly you want that interview.

Lmaooo thanks guys Firefox worked fine. And congratulations. Would you mind sharing your stats? I am IS with a Lizzy M score of 66.2. Not sure when I was complete. Can't seem to find that info

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm OOS with LM ~66 and got in

Lmaooo thanks guys Firefox worked fine. And congratulations. Would you mind sharing your stats? I am IS with a Lizzy M score of 66.2. Not sure when I was complete. Can't seem to find that info

LM 67-69 OOS waitlisted. Specifics should be in my WAMC thread somewhere.

UC. Who knows the fraction of UCers that get accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried finding one to see how many people were in but I only see one for class of 2020

Yeah that is all I found too... Another question after sending the deposit and filling out the online forms, should we be expecting anything in the mail or to change on the portal? Or are we just waiting for the illusive future correspondences?

Also can anyone who's interviewed here elaborate on wether all the questions for the MMI are ethical or situational prompts or are there some that are basic interview questions (why AMC?, why medicine? Etc...)?

Also can anyone who's interviewed here elaborate on wether all the questions for the MMI are ethical or situational prompts or are there some that are basic interview questions (why AMC?, why medicine? Etc...)?

Sorry can't say as all of us had to sign a NDA (which they smartly put before the breakfast and coffee)

Sorry can't say as all of us had to sign a NDA (which they smartly put before the breakfast and coffee)

Oh no worries that makes sense actually. I thought maybe it was public knowledge somewhere and I just hadn't seen it

Oh no worries that makes sense actually. I thought maybe it was public knowledge somewhere and I just hadn't seen it

Nope. Though they will give you a rough overview of what to expect and some specifics during breakfast.

IS. I was complete in late July/ early August and have heard nothing. Anyone else in this boat? I find it strange, considering there have been pre-II rejections.

Reactions: 1 user
IS. I was complete in late July/ early August and have heard nothing. Anyone else in this boat? I find it strange, considering there have been pre-II rejections.

Literally in the same situation as you. I think the best way to look at it is if you haven't heard anything yet you still have a chance especially since they interview into April.

Fo rll tho, what fraction of UCers get accepted?

How was the interview day at Albany?

The food was really awkwardly portioned and I'll leave it at that.

I'll second this. Was not a fan of the food... I'd recommend eating a big breakfast. But overall the day was very laid back and low stress. I know everyone says that about interviews but it was a good look at the school and the MMI was actually pretty fun

How was the interview day at Albany?
The interview day was great. The MMI had some really interesting topics, and the med students who took us on tours were very down to earth. It left a great impression on me
And personally, I thought the food was fine! Small portions of the wraps and sandwiches so I could have one of each type ;) The food was certainly not my focus of the day though

Congratulations!! I will be interviewing at Albany soon and am so excited. Any last-minute tips? :D
Hey hope you haven't interviewed yet! I can't talk about specifics but I to prep I watched coursegrinders series on the MMI and read over the bioethics topics on the UW medicine website. Good luck!

accepted off the UC list!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got in this morning off the UC list too!
Interviewed: 1/4
UC: 1/19
Accepted: 2/8

Accepted today off UC!
Interview 10/19
UC List 11/17
Accepted this morning!

Last edited:
Accepted off UC!
Interviewed in September, waitlisted in early Nov.

II today

LM 68 complete late November

II a couple hours ago! Complete around mid August

Hey all,

Does it matter when you interview for chances to be accepted? (Feb. vs. March vs. April)

Also accepted today off of the UC list!!! It's my first acceptance and honestly it's amazing.

Interviewed 9/13
UC 10/17
Accepted 2/8 (the wait is worth it!)

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted. Not a fan of the location tbh, and tuitions steep, so I'll probably withdraw

I think so. Earlier you interview, the more seats will be left.

Even though most people go into Under Consideration? Contemplating hard as to whether to try and find a Feb. date or just going with March.

Accepted!

Complete 7/4/16
Interviewed 9/13/16
Waitlisted 10/31/16
Accepted 2/8/17